• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Oct 2007

Audio video synchronisation

I checked at the audio-video synchronization per number of frames of seasons 1 and 2 and the synchronization was almost perfect, except for a few episodes, and even the songs were well synchronized. In season 3 they were quite inaccurate with the synchronization and it even happened that it was off-sync by almost 2 frames a few times. You can see that as a viewer. The off-sync occurred when there was a transition to another scene. In the songs it also occurred per number of frames: one number of frames good, then off by one or more frames, and then good again. I thought the use of the clapperboard would be standard, but apparently it was used to a limited extent in season 3. Or they did not care in post-production.

The audio when they speak (all season 3 episodes!) can be corrected, which I did, but unfortunately not for the songs.​

I had the videos and audio from different sources, even DVD, and the number of frames are all the same. The audio was synced from first frames. So it's definitely a production error.

Click image for larger version  Name:	framezz.jpg Views:	0 Size:	510.7 KB ID:	194278
    During the song "We Love Sportscandy" a shift of almost 5 frames was noticed in some parts during the song.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    • Oct 2007

Well, looks like season 4 episodes are more out of sync than the previous season when is comes to AV synchronization.

The song is the most out of sync (in the example, almost at the end of the first half) and that's the same compare to season 3 episodes. The editors got a bit tired in the last half of the episode, making sync mistakes, or it was too difficult because of the action involved and going fast from scene to scene (similar with the song part). They also had to deal with dubbing (why?) that was not accurate in line what was actually said or the tempo was off. Anyway, I fixed it well, so why couldn't they do it? Where was the check double check?
    I noticed that Chloe's playback in the songs were excellent. It's a shame that sometimes the edits are so out of sync​.

Click image for larger version  Name:	av-sync-s4e03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.0 KB ID:	194481
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

Kinda funny how fan edits (frame rate, audio/video) of the episodes can turn out to be better then the actual episodes.

Comment

• LazyPooky
        ADMINISTRATOR
        • Oct 2007

I corrected the audio sync of the video clip love and care. But the audio is a mess now 😊
        It's a challenge to get the video in sync with the normal audio. That's for later.

Comment

Working...