• Show
Clear All
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Play_z

(I hope you don’t mind but might of used one of your vid with sportacus and Stephanie doing jump jacks in my LazyTown exercise video but don’t worry I credited you both in video and description with original link)

I forgot to say but I don’t always do LazyTown videos edits all the time. So there others types of edit vids on there​

That’s my channel - https://www.youtube.com/@Play_z209
    Thank you for the link - As it's not my content, I really don't mind.
    I'm not telling you to remove that credit, I need more viewers. Lelz.

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

my LazyTown exercise video
      Yo, I just watched the video and it's awesome! I might use it when I start exercising again!

Comment

• Play_z
        Average fan of LazyTown
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 10 - LazyTowner
        • Nov 2023

Originally posted by possessor

Thank you for the link - As it's not my content, I really don't mind.
        I'm not telling you to remove that credit, I need more viewers. Lelz.
        Oh thanks I did it just in case and yeah I more viewers too lol. I’m doing YT more of a hobby tho since my dream is to be a editor or be on the creative team at this place that I’m been dreaming to work at

Comment

• possessor
          I like LazyTown.
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 30 - Stepher
          • Oct 2021

Oh thanks I did it just in case and yeah I more viewers too lol. I’m doing YT more of a hobby tho since my dream is to be a editor or be on the creative team at this place that I’m been dreaming to work at
          I am doing YouTube as a hobby as well. I wanna either act or write when I grow up.

Where do you wanna work?

Comment

• Play_z
            Average fan of LazyTown
            GETLAZY MEMBER
            Level 10 - LazyTowner
            • Nov 2023

I am doing YouTube as a hobby as well. I wanna either act or write when I grow up.

Where do you wanna work?
            I really wan to work at ‘TBNR LLC’. If want better detail you can just search the company up that’s my dream job

Comment

• possessor
              I like LazyTown.
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 30 - Stepher
              • Oct 2021

I really wan to work at ‘TBNR LLC’. If want better detail you can just search the company up that’s my dream job
              It looks cool to work at! But Google lists it as permanently closed.

Comment

• Play_z
                Average fan of LazyTown
                GETLAZY MEMBER
                Level 10 - LazyTowner
                • Nov 2023

It looks cool to work at! But Google lists it as permanently closed.
                Google does that sometimes mistakenly. They had an another office before that permanently closed few years back (which was in grapevine I believe btw I’m not from there. I’m actually from Australia). Because they moved their office around 2021 that’s more closer to the city now and it’s a lot bigger.

Comment

• possessor
                  I like LazyTown.
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 30 - Stepher
                  • Oct 2021

Google does that sometimes mistakenly. They had an another office before that permanently closed few years back (which was in grapevine I believe btw I’m not from there. I’m actually from Australia). Because they moved their office around 2021 that’s more closer to the city now and it’s a lot bigger.
                  I am an Aussie too!!

Comment

• Play_z
                    Average fan of LazyTown
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 10 - LazyTowner
                    • Nov 2023

I am an Aussie too!!
                    Wow that's cool haha

Comment

• possessor
                      I like LazyTown.
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 30 - Stepher
                      • Oct 2021

Wow that's cool haha
                      Ja! Half Aussie, half Africa

Comment

• Play_z
                        Average fan of LazyTown
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        Level 10 - LazyTowner
                        • Nov 2023

Ja! Half Aussie, half Africa
                        I’m indigenous and Australian

Comment

• possessor
                          I like LazyTown.
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 30 - Stepher
                          • Oct 2021

I’m indigenous and Australian
                          Cool, we're doing NAIDOC Week activities at school and one of them was to write an Acknowledgement of Country.

Mine had a chance to be shown at assembly but..

'We acknowledge the Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islander people for dealing with the British and their stingy tea-lovin ways. They also own our land, so don't mess with 'em, bub!'

Two of our teachers are British ): Also I don't think 'bub' is a real word.. well it doesn't follow 'respectful-acknowledgement' criteria.

Comment

• possessor
                            I like LazyTown.
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 30 - Stepher
                            • Oct 2021

I also have to talk about my Congolese culture at assembly tommorow.

Comment

• Play_z
                              Average fan of LazyTown
                              GETLAZY MEMBER
                              Level 10 - LazyTowner
                              • Nov 2023

I also have to talk about my Congolese culture at assembly tommorow.
                              Haha, nice acknowledgment speech. My school normally has traditional dances, speeches and lunch activities. I guess this kind of fits but last year during my school’s NAIDOC parade. I somehow catch COVID and it was the worst thing to ever experience during a hot school day. But to lighten up the mood, back when I still lived in different state to now. The city I lived close to would host NAIDOC events and I actually got to meet one of the host on Play school which was cool.

Comment

• BRBFBI
                                Level 1 - New kid in Town
                                • Oct 2023

The first time I heard about LazyTown I was browsing 4chan in 2014 and came across a Stephanie thread. I have a bunch of jpegs and gifs saved of her from way back then, as well as the Cooking by the Book video which I would watch every once in a while. Despite this, I somehow never thought to actually watch the show.

Fast forward to 2022, I was returning to the US from Europe and had a couple days to recover from jet lag before work. I was looking for something mindless to watch and a podcaster I like had been making Sabrina the Teenage Witch references, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was on Amazon steaming. It kinda sucked, so I gave up, but somehow based off that Amazon recommended LazyTown. I watched like ten hours worth in the next two days.

At first I was just watching for Stephanie, but I came to appreciate Stefan Karl Stefansson's slapstick acting, and even the puppets. Sportacus always kind of annoyed me as a character since he's Mr. Perfect, but I really like Magnús Sheving. It's incredible that through sheer determination he made his dream come true and created this show that was broadcast around the world. From interviews I've read I don't think he has a bad bone in his body. I read somewhere that there were complaints about Sportacus being so old and that they should have hired a younger actor. In Magnús's own mind Sportacus was supposed to be in his late twenties, because that's how old he was when he had the idea for LazyTown. By the time he got the show made Magnús was almost forty, but he could still walk on his hands, do the splits, and was more fit than 95% of the people on the planet. To me that just makes him even more impressive.

The show has a weirdly nostalgic feel--like something that could only have existed in the early 2000's. I'm fascinated with the internet's obsession with Julianna. There were other pink-haired heroins in the early 2000's (Shark Girl?) but nobody cares about them. I wish there was more content of her as she got older. If I had my way she would have come back to play Stephanie as a twenty three year old for Season 3 and 4, and come back again to play thirty three year old Stephanie in a future season.

For over a year I would watch an episode nearly every day and spend endless hours browsing YouTube and YTMND. I'm over my obsession now, but LazyTown will always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

Working...