Clear All
  • Glanni's Girl
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Jan 2010

LazyTown Live Tour at the Nickelodeon Family Suite

Re: LazyPics

http://community.livejournal.com/lazytown/141622.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	lt1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	183336

August 8th, 2005
    Okay so on with the story: So i arrive at the Nickelodeon hotel about 10 mins before the 2:00 show starts. i'm not a guest at the hotel and i didn't have any kind of pass. so i just run in, ask one of the hotel girls where the show is at.
    "Oh its over..."
    *gasp* OVER?
    "...over... by the mall, heheh"
    "oh! oh! Okay.. do i need some kinda pass or??"
    "Nope! Just go on in!"
    "Thanks!"
    so i run across the park, dodging little kids, hotel maids, staffers, and broken beer bottles (no idea on that one). and find the Nick room. There was Stephanie on stage. the show had just begun and all seats were filled so i took my spot on the wall by two young parents.
    Show begins with stephanie "looking" for sportacus. he's either jumping behind walls or walking on his hands. meanwhile the kids in the audience are all pointing to her saying There! There! She finds him finally and they go into "No One's Lazy". They ask some kids to come on stage to see if they can do a split. you wouldnt believe how easily the kids just kinda did it! Sportacus asked them whats their secret and they just said "Slide". Then sportacus beings out SportsCandy (and orange) and tosses it to Stephanie but Oh No She Dropped It! it musta been the stage lights since they were so bright and flashy. and i might point out that everytime a song played all lights flashed like crazy and lit up the room, it was pretty cool. Next song was "Dancing". Ziggy came out from behind the castle by now and was saying he heard something about CANDY and that he wanted to eat lots of yummy cake. I want to mention that Ziggys voice was almost definately done by the voice of Stingy, you could tell it sounded just like him! Sportacus lectured him and he said that fine all he'll have is a small ice cream... On Top Of A Big Cake! Ziggy challenged sportacus to do various style of pushups including 1-arm up 1-leg up, and then 1 arm AND one leg up. For the finale he was asked to do a FLYING pushups, where he hoisted himself off the ground, Clapped in midair then went down again. i could actually see that at one point he had a tense wrist from all that but he pulled them off perfectly! This is where they paired off kids from the audience in groups of 3 boys and 3 girls. Sportacus asked the boys names but two of them were too nervous to tell them. The girls all got their names out though. A dad was picked to come out and excercise as well. During this the music was a clip from "Energy" and they were doing knee lifts and other excercises. "Go For It" was the next song played. Around now they brought out the SPORTSSPINNER. a kinda lottery-style wheel that churns out a random excercise for the audience to do. Disco was one of them (my fav) where he and the audience did boogie nights kinda dancing. he even did a pulp fiction style hand movement. Ballet was also a dance challenge. "Bing Bang" of course wrapped up the show and they told the audience that in 15 minutes both Sportacus and Stephanie would be signing autographs.

Skipping to my turn in line; here is what i recall the conversation going like:

Me: Its SO great to see you in person
    Magus: Wow, Thank you
    Yeah, I actually follow the whole erm... Latibær...?
    Magus: Ah yes; Latibær!
    Me: Yeah! It was so different though, with the bird and stuff..
    Magus: Yea..
    [signing autographs]
    I was also gonna say; Robbie isnt REALLY lazy, haha!
    Magus: Haha! Yes, actually hes -very- active! Haha.
    Me: I'm on an LazyTown internet group, um, on Livejournal, we're all big fans.
    Magus: Oh yes?
    Me: Yeah, and David... the guy who plays Mayor Meanswell, he's been on it a few times too. Not leaking information of course..
    Magus: Heh
    Me: ...but he helps us with info and stuff.
    Magus: [In complete Sportacus voice]Well if you want to email me, my email is [email protected]!
    Me: Cool!
    [girl asking if we're ready for a picture]
    [to Stephanie] You look really/very cute by the way!
    [Stephanie nods]

Okay theres my report/review. it was a REALLY good show although having Robbie Rotten woulda made it really freaking cool and Sportacus and i are the exact same height so hate to dissappoint those of you who thought he was a big hulky hero. heh, and his moustache looks really funny up close!
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!
Working...