Mark Valenti is writing a book about LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Valenti is writing a book about LazyTown

Mark told me he's writing a book about LazyTown and therefore he's interviewing stars, crew, staff, etc. He also wants to interview some of the loyal fans and he's looking for maybe four or five fans who would be good to speak to. Now that's quite hard to select because I know more than 5 awesome loyal fans. I'm not sure if one of you recieved a message from him about that, member Stingy maybe?

The ones that pops in my head right now:

Ana
    Vivian (incl. Sarah, Becki, Maya)
    Emilly
    Vic
    Chris
    Alison
    Humberto
    Henry
    Boredjedi (can't even remember your real name..lol)
    Chuft
    Rowan

..and a few more here at GL and elsewhere, I don't know the name of.

It's difficult to decide and select.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Mark Valenti is writing a book about LazyTown

Oh shame, I haven't received a message, I would've been honoured to help though.

I will definately buy the book when it's published, I'm hoping it's not a digital book, a kindle app or anything like that, I like physical books.
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Mark Valenti is writing a book about LazyTown

No, I haven't heard about this. Of course I'd love to do it.

Comment

I think we all need a chance to tell our story so please contact Mark through his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mark.valenti

I want to ask Ana and Vivian too because I know them all my LazyTown-life and I talk to them quite often, and maybe Emilly, Vic and Laila. It's a bit of a girly group like that, lol, but yeah, that's the way it is right now.

Originally posted by boredjedi
        My real name is actually hidden inside my online name
        Good tip
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
          My real name is actually hidden inside my online name
          I've sent you my guess ;) good to see my favourite Doctor and companion again :) I can't bloody understand what Peter Capaldi is saying half the time, so I gave up on his episodes.
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
            I've sent you my guess ;) good to see my favourite Doctor and companion again :) I can't bloody understand what Peter Capaldi is saying half the time, so I gave up on his episodes.
            Haven't seen it yet but been marathoning the other seasons on hulu. I originally went there on advice from my nephew that they should have the new one 24 hours on hulu after it's initial airing. To this day it has not been
            made available and a user on hulu was kind enough to contact hulu and he was informed that the new episodes won't be made available until the finish of the new season. That's not how they worked the previous episodes. What's BBC afraid of?

But yeah, my nephew watched it on BBC America and didn't like it at all the episodes or Capaldi. He mentioned that Capaldi kept saying to Clara "I'm not your boyfriend." in episode one. Think it was like 5 times in the episode. Talk about overkill.

I don't know what get's in their heads sometimes when they cast. I do suspect that they are caving to the old schoolers. They didn't like the fact that the Doctor was getting younger as he got older and throwing in all that romance stuff. They are going back to older mentor/mentee (The Doctor and his companion). I thought it was quite clever him getting younger as he aged. Typical time lord shenanigans hehe

Anyway don't mean to derail the thread.
            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

How does one go about getting on the list of potential interviewees for Mark to choose from?
              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

You mean as a fan? He probably wants a diversity of fans that has done something unique for the community. You fit in that quite well. All mods/admins here do as well as some members.
                I didn't ask though. It's more my thoughts of how he would like to add interesting stories in his book and how I would like to see it :)

Comment

I was talking to Mark a few weeks ago about doing an interview with us. What he said is relevant to this thread:

Hey Chris. Wow, it's a tough one. I've given interviews before where I sort of happy-happy-joy-joy'd my way through, emphasizing all the positives. But there's so much of the..."other"...kind of stuff. I tried to recruit people to give quotes for a book but there was so much routinely horrible commentary I killed the idea. Let me think about it - I don't want to spend the whole time spilling secrets but I also don't want to be the cheerleader either. Will let u know.
                  Later he decided that now wasn't the right time for him to do an interview.

Comment

I was wondering about the book but it seems he lost the battle due all the negativity from.. from who actually? Maybe working at LazyTown wasn't as fun as we thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X