Look out GetLazy! Sportacritic is on the move!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Oct 2021

Hey guys - I just finished making my very own logo for LAZYRANTS.

It is supposed to look like the 2012 LazyTown logo, and I drew it.. with a mouse.

I made it as good looking as it can.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lazyrants_logo-removebg-preview.png
Views:	142
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	197554

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

I finished LazyTown's first season today and it was a wild expierence.

With thirty-five episodes that structure around the plot, they all have a different formula. Some are captivating and some aren't like those dreaded clip shows, which didn't add any value to the season, except 'Dear Diary'. The story of this season is non-existent. There are no arcs which makes for a much better watching experience.

The characters are the brains and minds of LazyTown and they are all relatable, essentially, everyone is a part of us. This makes for a relatable season, so that whenever a character learns a lesson, WE learn that lesson. Every show does need a good role model, and Stephanie & Sportacus are the two role models of this season. They are perfect, and every boy and girl should strive to be like them! Every one has their own issues, and that's good! A character should never be perfect.

The production of the season is up and down. With re-used shots all over the place, mediocre green screens in the first few episodes, it makes them a bit dreadful to watch, but the season's editing gets better and better over time. As with the CGI shots of the airship and town, those are actually very good, but more detail is needed sometimes.

The music of the season is very mixed with different genres - pop, blues, and so much more. The music is so energetic and captivating that you have to listen to every song hundreds of times, and that's why it takes so long to watch these episodes. If Mani wasn't hired to make the music for this show it'd be horrible!

The humour of the season is definetly some of the funniest, with some of the episodes getting a 10/10 because of this. Most of the jokes are just super simple and nothing too complex so the audience can understand it, and it works out for everyone! Everyone laughs, giggles, smiles, chuckles. The show delivers you the message straight-forwardly with no filler and with tons of comedy.

Now, while this season's characters and editing had their flaws, it still makes for a very enjoyable season. Time well spent.

In order to celebrate the fact I finished this season, visit https://tinyurl.com/wrapmegamix for the megamix composer Mani Svavarsson made to celebrate the fact the season's filming finished.
      Favourite episodes
        1. Records Day
        2. New Superhero: Part 2
        3. Sportafake
        4. Sleepless in LazyTown
        5. Rottenbeard
      Overall rating

261.25/350

Getcha opinions and comments in people! When I start reviewing season two, I'll request this thread be closed. But for now, I'll take a short break from reviewing.

Comment

• possessor
        I like LazyTown.
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 30 - Stepher
        • Oct 2021

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	197642
        lol..........​ season 2 reviews coming june 25. ya heard it from me.
        Attached Files

Comment

• GlanniMan
          Insane Latibær Fan
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 12 - Lazy Scout
          • Sep 2023

Originally posted by possessor
          Hey guys - I just finished making my very own logo for LAZYRANTS.

It is supposed to look like the 2012 LazyTown logo, and I drew it.. with a mouse.

I made it as good looking as it can.

Name:	Lazyrants_logo-removebg-preview.png
Views:	142
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	197554
          I made a better logo for you.
          You can use it if you want but please make sure to credit me for it.

Name:	LazyRants Logo.png
Views:	84
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	197655

Comment

• possessor
            I like LazyTown.
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 30 - Stepher
            • Oct 2021

Originally posted by GlanniMan

I made a better logo for you.
            You can use it if you want but please make sure to credit me for it.

Name:	LazyRants Logo.png
Views:	84
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	197655
            That is ridiculous

ly good. Thank you so much!! Will be sure to credit you - but how? GL username or YT handle?

Comment

• GlanniMan
              Insane Latibær Fan
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              Level 12 - Lazy Scout
              • Sep 2023

Originally posted by possessor
              GL username or YT handle?
              You could do both if you want, but I think people recognize me more as Penguin Productions 900.

Comment

• possessor
                I like LazyTown.
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 30 - Stepher
                • Oct 2021

Originally posted by GlanniMan

You could do both if you want, but I think people recognize me more as Penguin Productions 900.
                Okie-dokay!

Comment

• possessor
                  I like LazyTown.
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 30 - Stepher
                  • Oct 2021

sum more funny quotez frum mee

It turns out the person who made Sportacus’ calendar is a complete goddamn idiot, because it doesn’t have any fricking dates on any page at all. It also turns out Mayor Milford Meanswell is a complete goddamn idiot (not that shocking) because while he rips off the YESTER DAY piece, we see a glimpse of ‘FESTIVAL DAY’. Could be a hint to 'Sportscandy Festival’, or Milford is just a goddamn idiot. Sportacus has HUNDREDS of balls....in the airship
                  Ziggy is still asking if it’s present time and Stephanie tells him to calm down (those damn presents ain’t goin nowhere!.. unless stingy takes em)
                  Sportacus is brushing his teeth then he accidentally (accidentally my butt, the door was open, who leaves it like that??) throws it out the door AND HE JUMPS OUT OF THE SHIP
                  Robbie asks why he should listen to him (this is ridiculous, you’ve been living in LazyTown since like what, the 1999 play and you still don’t know who the mayor is?), then the Mayor says because he’s the Mayor. WORLD SHATTERING NEWS.
                  Gudmondor Thor made this ugly looking puppet in 1999 for Wit Puppets. Thank the heavens he made new puppets for the 2004 show, because if not, I would be reviewing DORA THE EXPLORER. Anyways, Sportacus shows no fear considering it’s a.. y'know.. puppet.
                  , Milford is also greeted by the puppet, and the puppet says that’s a puppet. Puppetception. Also hypocrisy.
                  Robbie is in his lair, making a big speech about his plan to.. nobody. Why does he always actively do this when nobody is listening?
                  Meanwhile, Sportastephanie shows the kids her outfit, and Trixie says it’s good.. NOT! Why was this an insult in the 2000s..?[/QUOTE]
                  Then the Robo Dog attacks, and like a true hero.. she runs away.
                  She wishes she could do something for him (uh, hello? the entire ‘screw-gifts-me-want-friendship’ thingy last episode..?)
                  So they sing a reprise of 'Get it Together’ called ’Take a Vacation’ which is ultimately better then it’s predecessor. Now all we need is a 'Sit Down & Relax’ remix.​
                  Number 3 - Never eat with your fingers? What are you supposed to do, eat with your toes? (You have to admit he had a point on that one).
                  My god, Stephanie has got a career as a 'keep-busy-list’ writer.
                  Miss Roberta jumpscares him (Five Rooms at Roberta’s)
                  (This is so cute- Oh, I mean, rad bro. Boys don’t use that yucky word.)
                  The game is not going very well, like I thought. But did you see how hard Milford kicked the ball in Records Day?
                  All that good stuff might’ve not been the good stuff he wanted to eat.
                  Robbie uses his very low level of strength to push his cannon on wheels (or for the Jacky Chan/Samo Hung/Bio Yuen fans, wheels on cannons)
                  Stephanie is drinking some orange juice (the new Badland Chugs??!!).
                  “Oh, you just fell flat on your face? Don’t care, blue kangaroo wants to play sports with us.” What a kind soul!
                  but he says he’d have to bring his Shoe Tier 6000. Dude, I don’t think this is the 6000th shoe tier you’ve made..
                  the remote control does Stephanie’s homework in 4 seconds. HOMEWORK IN FOUR SECONDS WOULD BE HEAVENLY.
                  then he freezes them while Stephanie proves she could have a career as a poser for YouTube clickbaiting thumbnails.
                  He makes him run in fast forward, freezes him, makes him run backwards, and.. makes him do.. the cha cha cha. Cha cha, real sporty.
                  but Sportacus’ crystal beeps like in Rottenbeard.. so here comes another epic fight scene rated G by action film legend MAGNUS SCHEVING!!
                  Then Rotten Kid’s nose twitches (WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN THE MOST. RANDOM. TIIMEEESSS???!!!)
                  the kids decide to play something wild - WILD ANIMALS. LAZYTOWN FURRY PROPAGANDA NOT CLICKBAIT AT 3AM!!
                  Also, Pixel uses Linux but his video player looks like Windows Media Player 11 (the greatest media player EVER!!!!).
                  Sportacus is in the airship and he is hitting apples with a bunch of tennis rackets, making sure they all land on the floor in a square-shaped bunch. FOOD WASTING!!! Actually, he is finishing off his Sports Candy Castle. FORESHADOWING!!!

Because if Magnus (a 39 year old man) visibly touched Julianna (a 13 year old girl) on screen, all the Nick Jr. sissy moms would FREAK, Sportacus wraps one end of the hook over a tree branch, and the other to the airship’s platform.

Pixel hits the soccer ball with his head (which is how he scored the winning goal in Soccer Sucker - oops. Spoiler alert! Eh, screw you, the production team already spoiled it themselves in Dear Diary and you had no problem with that. IT’S CAUSE I’M BLACK!!!!)

Comment

Working...