Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chloe did a good job playing Stephanie season 3

Re: LazyTown's Third Season

Can i just say and this is just my opinion but we need to remember that we are bringing lazytown to a new generation as some kids have never seen it before. Obviously the people who have seen julianna as stephanie (us) are going to think she is better , it is all that we have known because she WAS the original stephanie she WAS a big part of LazyTowns worldwide success. But she is too old now and she does not WANT to play stephanie eiher from what i have heard. I think chloe is fantastic you also have to remember how young she is , it is still a fantastic show and chloe looks more like a child which i like because it is more realistic but if this is the impression and the quality of lazytown then i am still proud to be a fan and will watch every episode and the children will still look up to sportacus and stephanie and eat sportscandy which is the point of lazytown and most of all I Will still ENJOY LazyTown well done to chloe and magnus and all the crew for bring back LazyTown so well

No one ever says Selma or Linda!
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

..or Shelby!
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

retina and ear drum burn
        My goodness--should I get it checked out? ;)

In all seriousness, I am very good with change, so that could be part of it--but I, in all honesty, can't detect much of a difference in 2 things:
        1. Her singing voice. (Apparently, you guys can hear something i can't--there are moments when she sounts EXACTLY like Julianna.
        2. Her character. That's the most important thing. My criteria is--if you can pull off a character as close to the original as possible,you win, (Therefore, to be fair, if I went and saw a LT performance that had a girl that played Stephanie well, my rating would be the same. I focus on character--I would use the same criteria if they replaced Sportacus or Robbie. :)

Comment

Boredjedi made a fair point in the Chloe thread that I wish to address here:
          We are judging her on her ability/talent to play Stephanie. Julianna's ability/talent has defined the role of Stephanie.
          Let me make one thing clear: If we had the CHOICE between the two of them, I would take Julianna hands down. But the thing is, we don't. Julianna is way too old, and has moved on. That is a shame, but nececcary. So Magnus had to find somebody who could continue that character, and IMO, he has so far found a pretty good (even eerily close sometimes) replacement. Boredjedi (and several others of you) doesn't think so, because Julianna was so good, that to you, watching Chloe is like watching a cheap imitation. That is TOTALLY fair, and I understand that. :)
          See, when I watch a show, I lose myself in the world. I forget that they're actors. I will be a LOT more upset if Stephanie, say, develops a serious mean streak for an episode or something. :)
          (Having said that, I am REALLY looking forward to the episode when Robbie gets what he wants--it'll be interesting to see how he deals with it. :)

Comment

A visual aid that shows my position. Watch this video, especially after 2:41:
            [youtube]KlsT-XPYtrM[/youtube]

This is not Stefan Karl. He's a guy they hired to play Robbie last year. If Stefan ever retired, I want THIS guy to get his job. Why? Because he has Robbie DOWN PAT, IMO. :) He doesm't have Stefan's voice, and looks like him only a little, but he did his homework. He has BECOME Robbie Rotten. THAT'S what I look for. And personally--I think Chloe's getting there. She's not there yet, but she's good enough in the character to satisfy me. :)

Comment

I agree about that dude who plays Robbie. I've seen him a couple of times before and he's really really good at it. I feel the same way about comparing Chloe and Julianna too... no matter how much we might want it, Julianna is not coming back, so I feel a bit reluctant comparing them.

Also, unlike a lot of people, Julianna/Stephanie is not the main reason I'm into Lazytown... it's the thing as a whole, and I think that for the target audience, Chloe fills the role well.

I had a couple of gripes about that first episode, actually, but none about Chloe's performance really. I'm a bit sad that they cut the intro, although I think maybe they did it so that they could fit more into the episode? It seems like they tried to pack quite a lot into it and for that reason it's a bit weirdly paced at times, in my opinion. I was also a bit unsure about the part where Stephanie slaps her mask on and does some fancy flipping and such. I thought it was a bit unnecessarily flashy, since Steph usually doesn't do things like that. Still, I'm guessing decisions like that might be to do with the new commissioning company. Who knows... overall, it was still awesome and I'm so glad LT is back.

Comment

I agree about that dude who plays Robbie. I've seen him a couple of times before and he's really really good at it.
                Yeah, no kidding--now I just wish someone had put the whole show up--I wanna see him interacting with the characters from the other shows.

Comment

Also, unlike a lot of people, Julianna/Stephanie is not the main reason I'm into Lazytown
                  Oh. OH. Wait, hold on--this might merit another poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman256
                    there are moments when she sounts EXACTLY like Julianna.
                    lol, don't let the magenta mafia hear you say that!
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

lol, don't let the magenta mafia hear you say that!
                      I said at times. ART TIMES! Don't hurt me! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                        magenta mafia

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I was thinking that perhaps we didn't lose Julianna forever, because if LTE and her make a deal she could play Stephanie on Live Shows in USA because adults actors are who usually play the kid's roles.

I didn't hear anything about this deal yet but who knows, because Stefán said don't play Robbie's role anymore and he came back, so... I never lose the Hope ;)

Or if they decide create a new character...

Comment

Working...
                          X