Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behind the Town - LazyTown Documentary (English Subtitles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the Town - LazyTown Documentary (English Subtitles)

Gudmundur Thor Karason has uploaded a LazyTown Documentary video where He, Magnús and Máni describe the history and further development​ of LazyTown, and where it ended.

Video link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyuaoxPEJ0o

The robodog was saved from the fire (on Magnús desk in the video) and I see a miniature canon of Robbie Rotten 😄
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

interesting background stories thx
    Gallery

Comment

Does anyone know where I can find the full clip used at 4:46 in the doctumentary?

Comment

7:14 I hope they bought a pair of handcuffs and handcuffed that bag to one of them when they got it back.
        Plenty of novelty shops in Time Square and still are.

So they were in nyc when 9/11 happened.

14:51 So they did regret selling it off. Kinda like George Lucas selling his baby to Disney.
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GlanniMan View Post
          Does anyone know where I can find the full clip used at 4:46 in the documentary?
          Probably in Gudmunur's private collection. They don't share much.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post

14:51 So they did regret selling it off. Kinda like George Lucas selling his baby to Disney.
            He had to sell it otherwise it would be difficult to make new seasons. Unfortunately they didn't add in the contract that they could buy back the series. Would be great though, to get it back to Magnús.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
              So they were in nyc when 9/11 happened.
              Damn, if only Sportacus stopped the fire.
              MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

I liked it. One thing I didn't enjoy was the subtitling. For someone who has no skill in Icelandic, you can tell that's not what they're saying.
                MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Originally posted by possessor View Post
                  I liked it. One thing I didn't enjoy was the subtitling. For someone who has no skill in Icelandic, you can tell that's not what they're saying.
                  I understand basic Icelandic and what I heard and translated myself it was pretty accurate
                  Icelandic is hard to translate tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post

He had to sell it otherwise it would be difficult to make new seasons. Unfortunately they didn't add in the contract that they could buy back the series. Would be great though, to get it back to Magnús.
                    Yup like I said same as George selling off his baby Star Wars to the monster media corporation Disney.

Would like to know what legal experts Magnus had on his side working out that sale. Personally, I wouldn't have sold it off.
                    I would have licensed out the IP. That's what Lucas should have done.

With that, I could have sworn I had read way back that Magnus got funding from the Icelandic government.
                    They have some sort of media program that will fund IPs.
                    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X