X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus Radio Interview 8.1.09

New Magnus Radio Interview 8.1.09

Hopefully someone will rip this

Magnus' interview starts from 1:38:12. The interview does go on to interviewing a guy called robert but it does go back on to magnus a few minutes later

http://anonym.to/?http://www.bbc.co.uk/ ... e/b00gd5vk

EDIT by nindanjoe: I decided to add in the anonym.to at the beginning of the above link to remove the referral information since I later link to stuff I'm not supposed to share. :)

Video of New Magnus Radio Interview 8-1-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VJUcKiNkg

Comment

Re: Video of New Magnus Radio Interview 8-1-2009

Originally posted by beticaforever
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VJUcKiNkg

watch?v=F1VJUcKiNkg

F1VJUcKiNkg

****iNg

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Re: New Magnus Radio Interview 8.1.09

Thanks for the link! I also found this link:

... mayo.shtml

Which also links to your link if you click on the Thu link.

Here is the video I was able to get from that page thanks to a certain technique:

Sportacus_talks_LazyTown_with_Simon_Mayo_512x288 [2 parts, 194MB total]:
          1x99MB and 1x97.7MB

--dead link--

Its the same video from beticaforever's YouTube link except this one is 512x288 and the file size is way bigger!

And here's the MP3 extraction from the FLV file above:

Sportacus_talks_LazyTown_with_Simon_Mayo_512x288_mp3

UK Radio5 - 2009 - Simon Mayo - Interview Magnus.zip

I'm trying to get the Real Audio from the link in mizz_pink's post, but I got some problems afterwards. I'll try to fix it, but it isn't really neccessary since the audio from the FLV file above is pretty good already.

Comment

Thanks nindan
            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
              Thanks for the link! I also found this link:
              Simon_Mayo (8.39 MB)

As in mayonaise?

Comment

Heh, BoredJedi also made a similar joke about mayo, but no mustard.

Durba dee, I forgot to link to the Real Audio .ram file to see if someone else has better luck at it than me. Or the patience to record it. =P

Link below (Real Player has to be installed to get it working):
                Code:
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/aod/playlists/1v/5d/g0/0b/RadioBridge_intl_1300_bbc_radio_five_live.ram
                If anyone asks, you didn't get it from me. ;)

Comment

So according to this interview, Magnus is in hollywood today! I wonder when we'll find out which companies he talked to, etc.?

Comment

Thanks, pooky. I always wondered how anyone could manipulate the temporary file Real Player makes. I've wondered about it for about a year now! Good to see that there is a way to get it done. If it burns to an Audio CD, then that will make things perfect since it already converts it to PCM WAV! A potential problem would be the length then since this radio broadcast is beyond 60 minutes, or 80 minutes. I wonder if a virtual drive can overcome that and give the illusion of an infinite sized CD. Some experiments will have to be done, sounds like it'll be fun to try. :) Thanks again! This reminds me of the day I found out there were ways to capture streaming flash using RTSP!

Comment

...then that will make things perfect since it already converts it to PCM WAV! ...
                      How is that perfect? Converting a lossy <100 kbps stream to lossless, then reconverting it back to a lossy format? The sad truth here is a v0 rip of that PCM file is going to sound marginally worse than the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Gazpacho
                        How is that perfect? Converting a lossy <100 kbps stream to lossless, then reconverting it back to a lossy format? The sad truth here is a v0 rip of that PCM file is going to sound marginally worse than the original.
                        You weren't here for a few months so you're not accustomed to how I talk and my preferences. Sometimes I have to accept the reality and do some edits to audio just so I can get it the way I want. Converting the Real Audio segment to MP3 is the same thing as .RA > PCM .WAV > .MP3, as you have said. It's not perfect in the sense that I'd rather have the original audio, or at least an audio format that is not as weird as Real Audio. It is perfect in the sense that my work would have been cut down quite a bit if Real Player already converts to the audio to the Audio CD format (PCM WAV). I already tried this with a previous sample in an attempt to fix the errors I ran into before, but the audio already had the error to begin with. So it was my method of capturing that messe; I did deny certain Real Player things during installation which is a possible culprit.

In any case, if you do have a perfect method, I'd like to hear it. I'm all for expanding my knowledge and getting better methods. You wouldn't happen to have a better method of finding an audio's sync value for a video? My current method is using a AviSynth Script. I would love to have something that is much faster and easier than my current method.

EDIT: Double post removed.

Comment

In any case, if you do have a perfect method, I'd like to hear it. I'm all for expanding my knowledge and getting better methods. You wouldn't happen to have a better method of finding an audio's sync value for a video? My current method is using a AviSynth Script. I would love to have something that is much faster and easier than my current method.

EDIT: Double post removed.
                          I'm sorry if I came off arrogant, and I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have a lot of experience with capturing web streams. I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Gazpacho
                            I'm sorry if I came off arrogant, and I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have a lot of experience with capturing web streams. I'll look into it.
                            It's ok, I'm sorry if I came off as annoyed and arrogant too. I sometimes get annoyed when someone complains without offering a solution of any kind. I sometimes also have to go through stuff just to get the quality I want, and there are not a lot of pirates I know that I can discuss this stuff with and exchange ideas with. They're usually busy doing their own thing!

In other news, I just did a bunch of experiments with some stream capturing programs and the warez'd versions seemed to not work so well. Perhaps a sign? Also I attempted to get the Premium version of Real Player, but the warez'd version didn't work either. The only one that seemed to work with the Real Audio stream was Replay AV. So I'll be uploading the full audio file later. I'll probably have a MP3 conversion thanks to Switch Sound File Conveter; both the full audio and the Magnus only segment.

EDIT: Just realized that this was the wrong audio! This audio I have was for this week's Thursday, not the 8th of January. For anyone in the UK, could you try the link in mizz_pink's post up above and see if it works? The proxy I'm using isn't working and for those that don't know, they block anyone outside of the UK. Thanks for any help! If it does still work, then try to get that .ram file. Once a person has that, then a stream capture from anywhere is possible.

Comment

The 512x288 FLV file should have a bitrate of 128 kbps. Assuming both the Real Player broadcast and that video use the same source, then the FLV version should have the better audio quality. However, that is the ideal situation and I really don't know how they do things over at that BBC radio station.

I think remember hearing that extra bit with Magnus, too bad I didn't figure out the solution sooner. I think some of the extra bit was included in the new topic that mizz_pink posted. Link to the topic here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2029

Real Player sure is a finnicky thing. =P

I agree, Replay Media Catcher is very good and easy to use. :) That's the first program I found that was able to get streaming flash files! The latest one is supposed to be able to get Real Player stuff, but during my tests it didn't even work! I've never heard of Hidownload or CoCSoft Stream Down, I'll have to check those out. Thanks! I use an old version of WM Recorder, since the newer ones seem to not work for some reason; the illegal ones anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X