• Show
Clear All
  • lost4ever
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    • Sep 2007

Magnus interview in The Australian

The big Magnus topic

My search monkeys found this article in The Australian from earlier this year.
    Nice to know he is having a positive impact.

you can read it here: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...rom=public_rss

Click image for larger version

Name:	0,1658,5432227,00.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	186473
    Attached Files
  • kelly
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 19 - Secret Friend
    • Apr 2007

Re: An interesting article about Magnus

I like the "Little girls love LazyTown because they see a music show and little boys see it as an action show" bit. When my sisters are theoretically playing Disney Princess they're really playing superheroines. When they play LazyTown, they fight over who gets to be Sportacus as much as who gets to be Stephanie.
    My brother doesn't actually watch it much, but he has several of the MP3s on his default playlist, which is otherwise just Weird Al and Tripod (an Aussie comedy band). Which I suppose technically makes it fall under the "for a teenager it is funny and a little weird" bit.

Comment

• lost4ever
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      • Sep 2007

"Little girls love LazyTown because they see a music show and little boys see it as an action show."
      This part is very true in our household. My niece gets up and dances along with Stephanie every time and my nephew just runs around and jumps off the furniture yelling he's a pirate (his favorite episode is Rottenbeard)
      They actually both love the music so much that both of them have all the Lazytown songs on their little Fisher Price music players, which they listen to day and night. They have the lyrics to most of the songs memorized.

Comment

• Tyler
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Oct 2007

Ah, so Magnus is teaming up with Jamie Oliver, huh. I've seen what kind of a prick Jamie can be, so I hope it turns out good. If they're gonna Double Dragon, they better Double Dragon well.

...Perhaps it will be Double Dragon Mode B for Magnus and Jamie.

Comment

• lost4ever
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Tyler
          Ah, so Magnus is teaming up with Jamie Oliver, huh. I've seen what kind of a prick Jamie can be, so I hope it turns out good. If they're gonna Double Dragon, they better Double Dragon well.
          I never knew much about Jamie Oliver, other than he is the "Naked Chef" so I checked out is Wikipedia article. HOLY CRAP! I don't think I like this guy.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Oliver

Comment

• nindanjoe
            Former Moderator
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
            • Apr 2007

Is the picture cropped off for everybody else? It seems to imply that Magnús is a tree!

Full picture for anyone that got the croppig like I did: http://anonym.to/?http://www.theaustral ... 227,00.jpg

View Image ought to do it too. :)

Interesting article, indeed. Nice find!

lol at Magnús' indirect insult:
            Originally posted by Magnús Scheving
            Scheving says many of those who make kids' TV have never met any kids.
            Alton Brown got into some hot water for killing a Lobster on his TV show. Although killing a mammal on TV like Jaime did is a bit far, but I haven't seen what he did exactly.

Comment

• lost4ever
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by nindanjoe
              Is the picture cropped off for everybody else? It seems to imply that Magnús is a tree!
              You mean he's not? Yeah I get it cropped too. I seriously thought he was a tree.

lol at Magnús' indirect insult:
              Originally posted by Magnús Scheving
              Scheving says many of those who make kids' TV have never met any kids.
              I thought that comment was hilarious!

Alton Brown got into some hot water for killing a Lobster on his TV show. Although killing a mammal on TV like Jaime did is a bit far, but I haven't seen what he did exactly.
              Hot water LOL. I love Alton Brown. After Graham Kerr - who also spent a lot of time in hot water (or pickled) - he is my favorite TV chef.

But I digress....So Magnus isn't a tree?

Comment

• nindanjoe
                Former Moderator
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                • Apr 2007

lol, that hot water pun was an accidental one.

Maybe they were talking about the couch. Some of a tree is made into a couch. "Less couch, more potato"

Comment

Working...