• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Oct 2007

Ironhead Studio

Then, we got in touch with Ironhead Studio, who have done almost all of the Batman costumes, as well as costumes for Catwoman and X-Men. The best in the world in this kind of costume design. I was measured and plaster casts were made and the Sportacus costume was made after that. The idea was to make the outfit more super-heroic and have a backpack full of equipment. Sportacus actually becomes more of an action hero.

- Magnús interview, 2012.​
    https://articles.lazytown.eu/2012/03...uld-think-big/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ironhead-studio-logo.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	196992
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    • Oct 2021

Wow, so now we know that they made Batman's costume. I always thought the costume looked too cool to be made by LTE.

Not in a bad way, it's that this one is more.. modern.
    Magnus owns LazyTown again. Celebrate!

Comment

• Fairy-Possum
      English/Deutsch/Gàidhlig
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 10 - LazyTowner
      • Aug 2023

LazyPooky did they make the sportacus outfit for the pilot? I'm assuming not, but you never know

Comment

• possessor
        I like LazyTown.
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Oct 2021

Probably not, but judging by the looks of it, the costume made in the pilot was the costume used in season 1 (with a lot of upgrades)

Comment

• LazyPooky
          ADMINISTRATOR
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Fairy-Possum
          Did they make the sportacus outfit for the pilot? I'm assuming not, but you never know
          I haven't seen any information about that but I assume that Maria Olafsdottir and her wardrobe designer team designed and created the first Sportacus costume, just like any other costume.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• Fairy-Possum
            English/Deutsch/Gàidhlig
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 10 - LazyTowner
            • Aug 2023

Originally posted by LazyPooky

I haven't seen any information about that but I assume that Maria Olafsdottir and her wardrobe designer team designed and created the first Sportacus costume, just like any other costume.
            I just looked into Ironhead Studios, they where founded in 2007 (couldn't find evidence of them under a different name, before 2007) so they wouldn't have made the pilot costume. And thinking about it some more, even if they existed pre 2003 pilot, they likely wouldn't have known about LazyTown, since it hadn't been signed to a US company yet

Dammit, I need to really need to do my own research more often. I'd stop asking stupid questions and looking like a dag in the process

Comment

• LazyPooky
              ADMINISTRATOR
              • Oct 2007

I just looked into Ironhead Studios, they where founded in 2007 (couldn't find evidence of them under a different name, before 2007) so they wouldn't have made the pilot costume. And thinking about it some more, even if they existed pre 2003 pilot, they likely wouldn't have known about LazyTown, since it hadn't been signed to a US company yet

Dammit, I need to really need to do my own research more often. I'd stop asking stupid questions and looking like a dag in the process
              I didn't know they were founded in 2007. Research is always good and your question was not stupid at all. At the time Magnús and his team attracted many professionals from over the world, for all kinds of things, and I bet they ask for advise and it could be that they even let parts of the costume made by an international company. I just never read about it and assume it didn't happen.

Comment

• possessor
                I like LazyTown.
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Oct 2021

If it is any help, here's some info from the season one credits:

Sportacus, Stephanie & Robbie Wardrobe designed by LazyTown Entertainment and
                Magnus Scheving
                Wardrobe Designer
                &
                Supervisor

Maria Olafsdottir
                1st Wardrobe Assistant
                Gudrun Larusdottir
                2nd Wardrobe Assistant
                Hudla Karlotta Kristanjsdottir

Comment

• possessor
                  I like LazyTown.
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Oct 2021

Season 2 info has some 'WARDROBE' credits:

Wardrobe
                  Maria Olafsdottir
                  Maria Valles
                  Jombi
                  Sigrun Einarsdottir

Comment

• possessor
                    I like LazyTown.
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Oct 2021

And thinking about it some more, even if they existed pre 2003 pilot, they likely wouldn't have known about LazyTown, since it hadn't been signed to a US company yet
                    If I'm correct, Nickelodeon signed the LT contract in Sep. 2003, and THEN they made the pilot.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                      LazyPooky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The pilot was made in 2002.

• possessor
                      possessor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some of the reports on articles.lazytown.eu & a page on lazytown.fandom.com say otherwise!

• possessor
                      possessor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gah damn I understand now, the pilot was made to pitch the show to Nick.. I should've known it was 2002 when Shelby said she did this when she was 10 years old (she's a 92 baby)
                  • possessor
                    I like LazyTown.
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Oct 2021

Season 3:

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	197088

​Season 4:

Name:	image.png
Views:	64
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	197089

Comment

• Fairy-Possum
                      English/Deutsch/Gàidhlig
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 10 - LazyTowner
                      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by LazyPooky

I didn't know they were founded in 2007. Research is always good and your question was not stupid at all. At the time Magnús and his team attracted many professionals from over the world, for all kinds of things, and I bet they ask for advise and it could be that they even let parts of the costume made by an international
                      ​​​​​​ company. I just never read about it and assume it didn't happen.
                      Ironhead may have known about LazyTown (which I didn't think about tbh), I think that Ironhead would have more likely heard of them after they signed with Viacom, instead of before (people know people in the industry). This is ignoring the fact that Ironhead didn't even exist until 2007!!

Looking at Ironheads work gave me the impression that they have a certain flamboyant style that I didn't see in the pilot costume, or even the seasons 1-2 costume. I can't say whats so different, all I can say is that's it, well, different! Maybe it's more polished?

P.s thanks for saying my question wasn't stupid, I'm too used to being ridiculed for everything I say; made me believe they were right °___°​

Originally posted by possessor
                      If it is any help, here's some info from the season one credits:
                      Sportacus, Stephanie & Robbie Wardrobe designed by LazyTown Entertainment and
                      Magnus Scheving
                      Wardrobe Designer
                      &
                      Supervisor

Maria Olafsdottir
                      1st Wardrobe Assistant
                      Gudrun Larusdottir
                      2nd Wardrobe Assistant
                      Hudla Karlotta Kristanjsdottir
                      It does help (confirming @LazyPookies assumptions), thanks mate 🍻
                      Last edited by Fairy-Possum; 24 May 2024, 05:11. Reason: Pilot was made after signing with Viacom, and before Nick Jr. Thanks possessor!!

Comment

• possessor
                        I like LazyTown.
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Oct 2021

No problem!

Comment

Working...