Why are talking about Lazytown in the present tense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are talking about Lazytown in the present tense

I don't get why we're talking about Lazytown in the present tense. The show's been dead since 2014.
    MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post
    I don't get why we're talking about Lazytown in the present tense. The show's been dead since 2014.
    That's quite an insult.
    Why are you here if you think LazyTown is dead.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Because it's the only place I can talk LazyTown without everyone bashing my opinions. The sad truth is the show hasn'tbeen as appreciated since circa 2017-19 and that's the brutal truth. I would do anything to get it back

Comment

Here's a secret for you kid - EVERYTHING is in the past. The moment after you experience it, it's already in the past. Even if it was still being made, all the episodes you have seen and liked so far would be in the past. The actresses who played Stephanie would no longer be playing Stephanie. The songs you like were all written and recorded in the past by the time you heard them. By the time most people in this community had seen LT it was already several years after Season 1.

If the show was still being made it would be all different actors, new and different songs. You can't repeat anything, it's always different, including your reaction to it (which won't be the same as it was the first time you saw it). A lot, maybe most, of the things you like about it, would be gone and replaced by something different.

It sounds to me like you want the fan base back more than the show....get used to that, what is popular will always change. Why do you care whether some strangers appreciate it? You do, that's all that counts.
        l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Even right now it's the past swoooooosh
          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Because it's the only place I can talk LazyTown without everyone bashing my opinions.
            That's not cool. I don't know where that was but it sounds like an immature environment and/or people with a lack of social intelligence. People can disagree but should respect everyone's opinion.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
              Even right now it's the past swoooooosh
              Do they still sell VHS

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post

That's not cool. I don't know where that was but it sounds like an immature environment and/or people with a lack of social intelligence. People can disagree but should respect everyone's opinion.
                It was on Fandom a website I joined when I was 7 💀 I started making goofy LazyTown videos when I was 8 and nobody cared about them 😐

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
                  Here's a secret for you kid - EVERYTHING is in the past. The moment after you experience it, it's already in the past. Even if it was still being made, all the episodes you have seen and liked so far would be in the past. The actresses who played Stephanie would no longer be playing Stephanie. The songs you like were all written and recorded in the past by the time you heard them. By the time most people in this community had seen LT it was already several years after Season 1.

If the show was still being made it would be all different actors, new and different songs. You can't repeat anything, it's always different, including your reaction to it (which won't be the same as it was the first time you saw it). A lot, maybe most, of the things you like about it, would be gone and replaced by something different.

It sounds to me like you want the fan base back more than the show....get used to that, what is popular will always change. Why do you care whether some strangers appreciate it? You do, that's all that counts.
                  If more strangers appreciated it then the show would be more popular to get back. Or either Turner won't give a damn about the people who want it back

Comment

Or either Turner won't give a damn about the people who want it back
                    We all know that this statement is true. Turner is part of Warner, a company that never cared about anything but money since they were founded in the last century.

Comment

The show's target audience was little kids. Ages 3 to 6, with it being much more appealing to 3 year olds than 6 year olds. It was never going to have a large fan base in any meaningful sense of the word. Little kids don't stay little for long and their tastes rapidly change to content more appropriate to their current age. Its fans would always grow out of it quickly since children and even many adults have a strong distaste for being linked to things associated with younger ages. Anybody over 6 who likes LazyTown is a pretty rare exception to the rule.

On another note, along the lines of "even Gollum has an important role to play," I never would have heard of LazyTown if not for people making fun of it on sites like YTMND (whose users were often just stealing memes from 4chan). A friend pointed me there to enjoy all the humorous sites, many of which were "cake" related. I participated in the meme myself by making some YTMNDs featuring Stephanie while not knowing anything about the show.

If not for the people mocking it, I never would have heard of it. A rather ironic outcome. (That's not actually what ironic means, but it's how people seem to use it today....)
                      l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
                        The show's target audience was little kids. Ages 3 to 6, with it being much more appealing to 3 year olds than 6 year olds.
                        Weird because I'm older than that and still getting Lazy

Comment

Working...
                        X