• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merlin55
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    • Apr 2007

Lack of Lazytown Activity

Just wanted to rant how sick I am of the lack of Lazytown discussion online! Here (not that thats totally bad) is the only placewith semi-regular conversation about the show...mostly because theres nothing new out there and thedamn show hardly airs here in america! Lazytown Entertainment has to be the slowest company when it comes to getting things rolling in terms of promotion in America, new media, etc etc. (I know theres actor, money, contract, etc issues) but damn am I getting impatient...sorry or the rant. just got mad when visiting some old haunts looking for icons, music etc and its all dead links and such.
  • StingX
    ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Mar 2009

Re: Lack of Lazytown Activity

If only there was something as controversial as talking about whether or not JRM should be replaced.

Comment

• SportaKandy
      NEAT GUY
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
      • Feb 2010

Comment

• boredjedi
        Master
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Jun 2007

Just have to wait until the Viacom license strangle hold has expired. The way things are going with all this healthy talk here in the U.S. I'm sure Lazytown will be the show of this decade. It is after all timeless since it's not dated looking.

I'm thinking any channel with a lined up one right after the other of say

Lazytown
        Cyberchase
        Martha speaks
        Wordgirl
        Jane and the Dragon

would do quite well imo.
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• SportaKandy
          NEAT GUY
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
          • Feb 2010

Comment

• LazyPooky
            ADMINISTRATOR
            • Oct 2007

Oh you Americans are whining all the time liike little babies. Look, LazyTown is or has been aired in about 140 countries and it's still becoming more popular in a lot of countries. That's great, you see LazyTown expanding and by the time that there are new episodes or a movie it can attract more people, all around the world. maybe it's more strategy than being slow with everything.
            I love it that there are so many different language episodes, I listen to them and can learn about the language.

You don't hear me whine. Here in Holland LazyTown NEVER aired, that was Belgium with there strange dutch accent. Besides that, Surprise Santa was never broadcasted :( and not to speak about a Second season or a LazyTown Extra in dutch, which probably never come.. and NO CD or DVD.

It's just great that it is so popular now in other countries than the US, they had their high time in 2006/2007 .
            There are a lot of LazyTown links, not the ones from "the old days" but new ones, except they are in different languages, maybe that's the problem with you americans. We grew up with learning a lot of languages, and every country (compared with states in the US) has it's own language here in Europe, Asia, so we are more like used to it to look for pages in other languages. Just a theory but it's close I think.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• Zokita
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
              • Apr 2007

I know we're (USA people) luckier than many other countries in that the episodes were produced in our native language. So the English versions of all episodes exist somewhere, even if we have to put up with the UK puppet voices sometimes. I know some people prefer them over the original voices, and they're not bad, but I like the originals.

I know enough Spanish (and can learn more) to understand the episodes in that language, so I guess I'll be okay if the new material is no longer produced in English, but with how popular the show is in the rest of the English-speaking countries I think we'll be okay. Not perfect (I'd LOVE the kids around here to have access to it) but okay.

Comment

• ooozmin
                Former moderator
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 29 - Villain Number One
                • May 2007

I can't remember the last time i listen watched or talked about LT, but that's just me.

Comment

• StingX
                  ROTTEN MEMBER
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ooozmin
                  I can't remember the last time i listen watched or talked about LT
                  Yikes lol

Comment

• merlin55
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 16 - Sportaposter
                    • Apr 2007

I suppose even though the high-point of lazytown in the usa was around late 2005-2007...it still will be popular 4 years later come 2011 and stuff...but I really hope thy pimp the shit outta it this time! They keep promising in interviews and such that the US market is getting totally revamped and such....damn straight it better. I want to see lazytown on ever damn day and more merchandise than like 5 items sold k-mart only.

Comment

• Victoria
                      Owner of GetLazy
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 28 - Friend For Life
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by merlin55
                      Just wanted to rant how sick I am of the lack of Lazytown discussion online! Here (not that thats totally bad) is the only placewith semi-regular conversation about the show...mostly because theres nothing new out there and thedamn show hardly airs here in america! Lazytown Entertainment has to be the slowest company when it comes to getting things rolling in terms of promotion in America, new media, etc etc. (I know theres actor, money, contract, etc issues) but damn am I getting impatient...sorry or the rant. just got mad when visiting some old haunts looking for icons, music etc and its all dead links and such.
                      LazyTown had two seasons, it will never have anymore, all activity in the United States is dead due to Viacom exclusivity contracts, the UK died off, right now LazyTown Entertainment is a company on the edge of bankruptcy in a devastated nation. All they've got left is some franchising to third world countries in South America.

So yeah, not much to talk about - because LazyTown is dead. We can only hope they get a Blu-ray out with the complete seasons before they officially declare bankruptcy.

Comment

• PolarFox
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                        • Sep 2009

Is that really so bad? :(

Comment

• doctorjohn

Iceland’s Sportacus Gives Apple to Michelle Obama

Sportacus, the protagonist of the acclaimed Icelandic children’s series LazyTown who is portrayed by its creator Magnús Scheving, gave an apple to US First Lady Michelle Obama in Washington DC on Friday and played soccer with her.

The First Lady has launched a campaign to encourage American children to exercise more and LazyTown is participating in the campaign, mbl.is reports.

On Friday Sportacus conducted warm-up exercises for children in the Bruce Monroe elementary school in Washington DC and afterwards treated them to “sports candy,” fruit, vegetables and water.

Obama attended the event and accepted an apple from Sportacus at the occasion.
                          http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandrev ... _id=359097

http://www.licensing.biz/news/4845/Lazy ... -licensees
                          In Italy, a range of Lazytown puzzles have been unveiled by Editrice Giochi. The first design hit the market last month with more to follow later in the year.

Just Promotions has signed a three-year deal with LazyTown for Meet adn Greet and Mini LIve Show appearances in Australia and the Westfield Centres in New Zealand (2010 only).

Smiffys has signed a licence to produce a line of costumes, wigs and accessories based on Stephanie and Sportacus.

Finally, Ultimate Products will be producing a range of oral health care products for LazyTown including toothbrushes and toothpastes, which they will sell worldwide.

Comment

• sportagirl_10.5
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 24 - The Blue Elf
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by doctorjohn
                            Iceland’s Sportacus Gives Apple to Michelle Obama

Sportacus, the protagonist of the acclaimed Icelandic children’s series LazyTown who is portrayed by its creator Magnús Scheving, gave an apple to US First Lady Michelle Obama in Washington DC on Friday and played soccer with her.

The First Lady has launched a campaign to encourage American children to exercise more and LazyTown is participating in the campaign, mbl.is reports.

On Friday Sportacus conducted warm-up exercises for children in the Bruce Monroe elementary school in Washington DC and afterwards treated them to “sports candy,” fruit, vegetables and water.

Obama attended the event and accepted an apple from Sportacus at the occasion.
                            http://www.icelandreview.com/icelandrev ... _id=359097

http://www.licensing.biz/news/4845/Lazy ... -licensees
                            In Italy, a range of Lazytown puzzles have been unveiled by Editrice Giochi. The first design hit the market last month with more to follow later in the year.

Just Promotions has signed a three-year deal with LazyTown for Meet adn Greet and Mini LIve Show appearances in Australia and the Westfield Centres in New Zealand (2010 only).

Smiffys has signed a licence to produce a line of costumes, wigs and accessories based on Stephanie and Sportacus.

Finally, Ultimate Products will be producing a range of oral health care products for LazyTown including toothbrushes and toothpastes, which they will sell worldwide.
                            And people say it's dead. I just watched Remote Control with my sister downstairs, it would appear that CBeebies have started playing a little more LazyTown.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                              ADMINISTRATOR
                              • Oct 2007

Also here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2534
                              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...