• Show
Clear All
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Play_z

Haha, nice acknowledgment speech. My school normally has traditional dances, speeches and lunch activities. I guess this kind of fits but last year during my school’s NAIDOC parade. I somehow catch COVID and it was the worst thing to ever experience during a hot school day. But to lighten up the mood, back when I still lived in different state to now. The city I lived close to would host NAIDOC events and I actually got to meet one of the host on Play school which was cool.
    We didn't do much except where on Monday we all made our acknowledgements.

Then yesterday, we shared what 'Keep Black, Loud and Proud' means to us (in the yarning circle, these dudes kept on playing with the sand and got in trouble) ... well.. me, I chose that sheet. Almost everyone else chose 'Keep the Fire Burning'.

Then we listened to indigenous music, read an indigenous story, yada yada, TEH ENDZ

Also, I have never had a NAIDOC parade - sounds fun.

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

Originally posted by BRBFBI
      The first time I heard about LazyTown I was browsing 4chan in 2014 and came across a Stephanie thread.
      Uh oh.

Despite this, I somehow never thought to actually watch the show.
      Along with possibly everyone involved in the WANO meme.

but he could still walk on his hands
      HE STILL CAN!!

The show has a weirdly nostalgic feel
      I feel you - especially since I started watching the show 2 or 3 years before it became a popular meme, and on ABC Me before the rebrand. Aaah the days.

LazyTown will always have a special place in my heart.

Cue rolling credits.

Nah seriously cool story and welcome to GetLazy!

Comment

• chuft
        Stepher
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 30 - Stepher
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BRBFBI
        I'm fascinated with the internet's obsession with Julianna. There were other pink-haired heroins in the early 2000's (Shark Girl?) but nobody cares about them.

Julianna is obviously quite talented and brought a special magic to the role of Stephanie. That kind of thing is hard to define. It's like trying to imagine someone else than Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. For me there are no other Stephanies. You might enjoy our old tribute site, Stephers.net. Me, boredjedi i, and some others who were very active on YTMND and GetLazy back in 2007-2012 put a lot of our content on there. LazyPooky has created a place for it here now as an archive though I have updated it a bit with more content and got the YTMND's (animations with sound) working again. There really weren't HD or even DVD quality videos available for most of the episiodes back then so the pics for the most part are not hi res (today's fans are so spoiled lol). But you might enjoy it nonetheless.
        l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• possessor
          possessor commented
          Editing a comment
          WDYM spoiled?? I've been begging for ABC Kids airing with watremarks XD
      • BRBFBI
        Level 1 - New kid in Town
        • Oct 2023

Originally posted by chuft
        You might enjoy our old tribute site, Stephers.net.
        Thanks for the link. Is this your OC? I've had it saved on my hard drive for over a decade! It's an honor to meet you, hah.

I'm grateful to everybody who worked to archive this stuff. It's really a time-capsule of the old internet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pirate steph.png Views:	6 Size:	251.3 KB ID:	198428
        Attached Files

Comment

• chuft
          Stepher
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 30 - Stepher
          • Dec 2007

Yes I made that, but the "Jack Sparrow looks through a telescope" meme was not mine of course, and the shoop of Lazytown Extra Steph on the deck of a ship was made by A-View-To-A-Cake at my request. So I just put his shoop into the Jack Sparrow meme.

This was kind of how our group worked a lot of the time, I would go through video footage frame by frame, tediously, looking for good screencaps, which I would make and share. Then the others, who were more skilled in Photoshop than me, would make photoshops of them.
          l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Working...