LazyTown Curiosities - Wrong Stephanie calender season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LazyTown Curiosities

Sometimes when I see Sportacus doing very dangerous stunts, like jumping from his airship with a salto, I sometimes fear that children who watch this might wanna try to copy it and doing it in the real world. Did anyone else noticed this or have a thought like this?
    I remember a flamish children movie where cats are a plot element and where the human characters did similar things like Sportacus but the final title card says: "A cat might have 9 lifes but you only have one. Don't try this at home."

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by LT-Fan View Post
      Sometimes when I see Sportacus doing very dangerous stunts, like jumping from his airship with a salto, I sometimes fear that children who watch this might wanna try to copy it and doing it in the real world. Did anyone else noticed this or have a thought like this?
      I bet they did some research about this to make sure no kid will be harmed by watching the show. Maybe they will jump from a chair or something like that but they will survive. A regular kid doesn't have an airship though

Originally posted by LT-Fan View Post
      ..I remember a flamish children movie where cats are a plot element and where the human characters did similar things like Sportacus but the final title card says: "A cat might have 9 lifes but you only have one. Don't try this at home."
      Do you mean the dutch movie Minoes?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIrfzoLkK0
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

LazyTown Curiosities

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        I bet they did some research about this to make sure no kid will be harmed by watching the show. Maybe they will jump from a chair or something like that but they will survive. A regular kid doesn't have an airship though
        True, but some people live in houses or have a garden and I hope, no child climbs on a small cottage and screams "Someone's in trouble" before jumping from it or doing anything else dangerous. In one episode Sportacus was jumping over some houses.

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        Do you mean the dutch movie Minoes?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIrfzoLkK0
        No, I mean the flamish "K3 en de kattenprins" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5wW0_SxWDg

Comment

Re: LazyTown Curiosities

I guess this is where Robbie has got the idea from

Click image for larger version

Name:	periscope75.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	148972

Name:	periscope_st.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	148973
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Haha funny. i love emus! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i have worried about this, because in my experience as a children's entertainer, what i do, the children try to do, and when i do a gymnastic move that could hurt them, i am very nervous they will try it and get hurt. And i have had to dash over and catch a child copying me from getting hurt when they try a headstand or handstand or something, and the fall over, or jump off of stuff. So yeah, i am sometimes worried that a little child will try some of that and get hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, i agree.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsicus View Post
                Yeah, i have worried about this, because in my experience as a children's entertainer, what i do, the children try to do, and when i do a gymnastic move that could hurt them, i am very nervous they will try it and get hurt. And i have had to dash over and catch a child copying me from getting hurt when they try a headstand or handstand or something, and the fall over, or jump off of stuff. So yeah, i am sometimes worried that a little child will try some of that and get hurt.
                I believe this is different because they have a direct social contact with you and it's much easier to copy for a child. The only thing I have seen children do, who were copying Sportacus from TV, was dressing up as him and do the simple superhero moves. On the other hand, when the "live Sportacus" was standing in front of them (on some events) they went a step further and doing some aerobic sport moves. Somehow the social interaction is much more important.

Comment

Trixie's previous VA, Sarah Burgess, left Trixie in the US, and UK Stingy after the third season... but still voices Trixie for the last two seasons...? Anyone know what this is about?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
                    Trixie's previous VA, Sarah Burgess, left Trixie in the US, and UK Stingy after the third season... but still voices Trixie for the last two seasons...? Anyone know what this is about?
                    The UK dubbing people are separated from the LazyTown staff. I'm not sure why she did not portray Trixie in the last two seasons, but she seems to still be attached to the UK dubbing team. I guess she was just the best person for the job!

Comment

did you guys notice that "LazyTown Official" released a different version of the song "Let's Go To The Moon" on their YT channel?...first of all - they call it "Dancing On The Moon"...second of all - it sounds down-pitched compared to the version on the getlazy channel...even Stingy's "it's amazing" sounds different (less like a rapist)

and last but not least - a faked moon landing again !

Name:	vlcsnap-2015-07-10-19h49m52s87.png
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	148982 Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2015-07-10-19h50m34s17.png
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	148983
                      Gallery

Comment

Who knows. Might be that silly framerate workaround for British TV like they did with LazyTown Extra. The one at a lower pitch is the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                          Who knows. Might be that silly framerate workaround for British TV like they did with LazyTown Extra. The one at a lower pitch is the correct one.
                          probably...I prefer the higher pitch though
                          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                            higher pitch

All too easy :)

To be honest I really like how this sounds now.
                            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

That is a wounderful song

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                                All too easy :)

To be honest I really like how this sounds now.
                                meh...that's too much of a good thing...I can not dance so fast
                                Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X