LazyTown Curiosities - The fruit trees of LazyTown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Curiosities - The fruit trees of LazyTown

Something strange is going on with LazyTown's fruit trees. Sometimes they have apples on their branches and sometimes they have pears, and not a whole bunch, but just a single apple or pear. What LazyTown's creative department got right is that the leaves of the tree match those of a real fruit tree pretty well, and more like the leaves of the pear tree. It's a pretty standard, straight forward, tree leaf though.

Quite fascinating.

Click image for larger version  Name:	pear-apple-tree.jpg Views:	0 Size:	405.1 KB ID:	184700 Click image for larger version  Name:	pear-apple-trees.jpg Views:	0 Size:	343.4 KB ID:	184701
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

That 4th photo looks nostalgic as hell. I don't know what it is with me and bright skies, but maybe my happiest moments happened the afternoons/mornings of 2019.
    MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Sportscandy is in high demand!

Either that, or Robbie has been out with the nets...
      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

It's also one of the few moments where there is green in the video that's not CGI. I wonder how they did that.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          It's also one of the few moments where there is green in the video that's not CGI. I wonder how they did that.
          me too...what the heck...chroma keying usually swollows everthing green
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post

it is Nickelodeon 2007 and not some crappy video I made with kapwing.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post

I've never actually seen the tree branches with leaves in a behind the scenes photo so I don't know the exact color. It may be that they are not green and have been changed afterwards to the green color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	leaves-green.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	184767

The other option is that they used a different background. I've seen a blue background in bts photos. But that doesn't explain why the leaves are also present in other action shots, like in The Zapper.

Name:	zapper-screenshot.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	184768

Comment

The other option is that they used a different background. I've seen a blue background in bts photos. But that doesn't explain why the leaves are also present in other action shots, like in The Zapper.
                ROFL did you just say "The Zapper"??? Only true fans know it's "Zap It!"

Comment

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post

ROFL did you just say "The Zapper"??? Only true fans know it's "Zap It!"
                  Haha you're right. The official english episode title is Zap It!
                  I accidentally used the title from my own language dub.

Comment

Haha you're right. The official english episode title is Zap It!
                    I accidentally used the title from my own language dub.
                    Which language is your Lazytown in? I'm Australian so it's in the OG dub

Comment

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post

Which language is your Lazytown in? I'm Australian so it's in the OG dub
                      Would have been great to have an actual australian dub instead of the original. Even we have two different language dubs of the same language.

Comment

Would have been great to have an actual australian dub instead of the original.
                        Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean their not you're mAteYs
                        -Australian Sportacus

Comment

I've never actually seen the tree branches with leaves in a behind the scenes photo so I don't know the exact color. It may be that they are not green and have been changed afterwards to the green color.

The green leaves are much darker than the green-screen colour they are using.
                          With the perfect hue, a strong saturation, and just the right lighting, you can go a long way with chroma keying green objects!

I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post

The green leaves are much darker than the green-screen colour they are using.
                            With the perfect hue, a strong saturation, and just the right lighting, you can go a long way with chroma keying green objects!
                            I don't have the patience to watch this video, so I'll take your word for it, and I found a behind the scenes picture with a lot of dark green leaves that confirms it too.

Name:	2004-E11-drrottenstein-003.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	185018

Comment

Mmmmmm that green screen!
                              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X