• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown nominated for an Emmy

Re: Lazy Town Season 4 news

LazyTown nominated for an Emmy!
    http://www.visir.is/latibaer-tilnefn.../2015151009492

LazyTown has been nominated for an Emmy award as the best children's program for children of preschool age. In the past, the series has been nominated for awards for acting, directing and music, but did not win. However, the series won a BAFTA award in 2006. Magnús Scheving says it's great to receive recognition like this.

The award will be presented on the fifth of April next year.

"It shows that we can compete among the best. This is huge, like the Oscar in movies," Magnús says in an interview with Vísi. "It's not often you get an Emmy nomination. This will not get bigger, unless we win. On behalf of all those who work on Latabær, I smile from ear to ear."

The nominations were announced this morning, but you can view them in more detail here on the Emmy Awards website.

The series has now been on show for over twenty years and is shown in 172 countries and translated into over 30 languages. Magnús says this is a sign that new and new generations are watching Latabæ.

"The latest series, which is filmed in Iceland, is the coolest thing we've ever done. We are very happy with this."

Latibær is now owned by Turner Broadcasting System, which operates major television channels such as CNN and Cartoon Network. Magnús says that it turned out that Latibær had the highest attendance on their internet provider. They asked Magnús to come to the United States and help them with the production, which he says was a surprise.

"This nomination is primarily an honor for everyone who worked on this. It's a huge recognition and I couldn't be happier about it."
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Re: Lazy Town Season 4 news

Is it an Emmy per category? If that's the case I do have some hope for LazyTown

4th International Emmy® Kids Awards Nominees:
    Awards Ceremony to be held on April 5, 2016

Kids: Preschool

Bing
    Acamar Films Production / Brown Bag Films
    United Kingdom

LazyTown
    Cartoonito / Turner Broadcasting Systems Europe
    Iceland

O Zoo da Zu
    Discovery Latin America / Boutique Filmes
    Brazil

Shimajiro's WOW!
    Benesse Corporation / TV Setouchi Broadcasting /
    Dentsu / DASH / demand / The Answerstudio
    Japan
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X