American Company Turner Might Buy Lazytown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown in the US gone for good?

OMG! 23 Websites talking about TBS and LazyTown. I never saw so many at the same time.

Btw, about the episodes:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/l ... ing-232908

26 episodes and 30 Minutes? :? Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
      Stephanie blocked worldwide by Morgan Freeman
      dutch Angst ^^ man kann Probleme auch herbeireden

back to VIMEO ;)
      Gallery

Comment

Buzz - Now Vimeo doesn't accept other videos, only videos you made yourself, but with no things from other things (for example, LazyPooky's Remixes (because not the same original version) or Vivian's Videos yes, but Fan Vids when you use videos from LazyTown not) :( I know it because I uploaded videos from RTVE about LazyTown Extra Spain and they said me for delete the videos or they close my account.

Comment

Originally posted by www.hollywoodreporter.com
          Lazytown has become a global hit kids franchise, airing in over 100 countries, with a mission to persuade a generation of 47 year-olds of the value of choosing apples over candy and keeping fit over lounging around playing computer games.
          Told you I did.

Comment

Found The Video Making It Offical With Maggi Signing The Contract
            http://www.mbl.is/frettir/sjonvarp/

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
              When the third series airs in the UK it will run on Turner's Cartoonito channel
              Crap, Hope I have that channel..
              EDIT: I'm looking at Cartoonito right now!

Do you have Cartoonito HD? I notice you have Virgin Media. Cartoonito's Wiki article notes the channel as being 1080i supposedly, and channel 706 on Virgin.

If this new third season makes its way to the U.S. it will probably be on Boomerang. Boomerang is a 480i SD only channel which is crap. Apparently the Sprout deal is only for seasons 1-2 and LT Extra.

Originally posted by beticaforever
              26 episodes and 30 Minutes? :? Cool!
              They'll actually be 22 minutes after commercials.

I don't like Turner's copyright trolling on YouTube. I recommend searching for video hosting sites based in China.

Comment

If you saw the videos from MBL.is and you translated the text, you will see they are trying Stefán comes back. The question is... what about Julianna? :?

Comment

Originally posted by beticaforever
                  they are trying Stefán comes back. The question is... what about Julianna? :?
                  I think it's probably a no on both parts. Isn't Stefán in the Grinch again this year? plus he bid Robbie a fond farewell on facebook. As for JR, she said herself she was growing less willing to play the part, no one likes a disgruntled Gemini.
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer
                    Do you have Cartoonito HD?
                    No I don't sadly, I have:

cbbc
                    cbeebies
                    cartoon network / too
                    cartoonito (which is indeed channel 706)
                    disney XD / +1
                    nickelodeon
                    nick replay
                    nick junior
                    nick jr 2
                    nicktoons tv
                    disney channel / +1
                    disney junior
                    disney cinemagic
                    boomerang / +1
                    CITV
                    Tiny pop

But it's not poor quality by any means.

Originally posted by Xizer
                    They'll actually be 22 minutes after commercials.
                    The BBC has spoiled me.
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

So it is not possible at all to subscribe to a provider which carries the HD version or upgrade your package to receive it?

Perhaps Wiki was wrong about it being 1080i.

What a shame... it looks like once again, LazyTown, a show filmed natively in high definition, is going to be relegated to standard definition releases only. LazyTown truly shines in HD.

It is hard to watch SD these days. This will certainly detract from my enjoyment of the new season.

Comment

Pooky is that for real? Did you get videos taken down again?
                        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Also I'm confused about this TBS deal. Can't really make heads or tails out of from the numerous news outlets vomiting out the same press release. Is this a complete ownership by TBS or is it more a partnership. When reading the various statements from Magnus and the TBS crew by the way the news outlets wrote them I'm getting rather conflicting ideas. A one point it sounds like TBS owns them lock, stock and barrel and at other times it sounds more like a partnership.

Overall though it's going to be sad seeing our Stephanie being replaced by the new Stephanie in the posters, ads and style guides.
                          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Ownership.

Comment

It has Shares, and most of the Shares are for Magnús and his Team, so he is still the CEO and his Team manage it.

When you buy a company, you buy all the Shares (well, if it is a Ltd. Company the word "Shares" they don't say it cause you can't buy Shares on Ltd., you buy the money the company wants to sell, but not Shares exactly, of course when you have more money than others, you have a bigger percent of Shares, but not the same word), and then if the company who bought the old company is interested about old company still there, then they do a deal. But this is not the case for LazyTown Entertainment, I understood it at least.

When I studied about two companies, there was three cases, this is one of them, and if I remember well, it is about:

Company A and Company B.

B buys Shares from A, but if A has 51% of the Shares, A is still in charge. But it is a bad thing, because if B (specially when it has a lot of Shares there) is interested for buy more Shares, if B has 51% then A not in charge and now B is in charge. So, very careful for Magnús and his Team. Anyways, if Turner is the main Shareholder, then they will have an important part in decisions.

So, it looks like a Partnership at the moment, but we don't know what will happen later...

Anyways, if someone can ask... I don't want ask again for a while, and because for me, it is a topic a bit... delicate...

And, guys, think something, Magnús loves his Company and his Creations, I don't think he wanted to sign a deal for lose his company completely, because if he only thought about money, then, why not "sold" (I added commas because it is not a sold actually) the company before, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovestephshoes
                                Found The Video Making It Offical With Maggi Signing The Contract
                                http://www.mbl.is/frettir/sjonvarp/
                                And Magnus interviewed http://www.mbl.is/frettir/sjonvarp/62276/?cat=innlent

I wonder what he's saying, Isn't he talkinbg about Stefan Karl?

Comment

Working...
                                X