Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can LazyTown episodes even be on YouTube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can LazyTown episodes even be on YouTube?

Re: Season 4 Episodes (Webcam Recordings)

I just never understood how these episodes can even be on YouTube??
    Like, it was just a couple of years ago, when every single full episode would be blocked straight away. And look now - many episodes are uploaded, some even in HD.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Originally posted by Fox View Post
    I just never understood how these episodes can even be on YouTube??
    Like, it was just a couple of years ago, when every single full episode would be blocked straight away. And look now - many episodes are uploaded, some even in HD.
    LazyTown's old parent company, Viacom, is much more strict about illegal distribution of their digital property.

Comment

I remember in 2012 and 2013 my account got removed/suspended by an official claim because I had LazyTown episodes uploaded. That was after Warner bought the whole thing.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
        LazyTown's old parent company, Viacom, is much more strict about illegal distribution of their digital property.
        Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        I remember in 2012 and 2013 my account got removed/suspended by an official claim because I had LazyTown episodes uploaded. That was after Warner bought the whole thing.
        So who's the bad guy with the b& hammer?
        Or maybe both Viacom and Warner are both against episodes being uploaded. It could be that Turner, even though owned by Time Warner, has a more loose approach towards copyrights.

It could also be, that the whole LazyTown epidemic has become out of hand at YouTube. Searching for 'LazyTown' will return you 136.000 results. I can only imagine it would be a pain in the butt to go through them all, filtering what should be deleted and not.

btw - how is the copyright for dubbed episodes? Could LTE, theoretically, claim copyright on dubbed songs?

Comment

It could also be, that the whole LazyTown epidemic has become out of hand at YouTube. Searching for 'LazyTown' will return you 136.000 results. I can only imagine it would be a pain in the butt to go through them all, filtering what should be deleted and not.
          the amount of strikes doesn't matter...YT uses a content filter system that works automatically at every upload...it's the business of the companies to claim their copyrights by upload of their contents and they decide what is going to happen after a strike - removing or keeping online with advertising...apparently Turner decided to keep them online to earn some money....
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            .. removing or keeping online with advertising...apparently Turner decided to keep them online to earn some money....
            Weird enough the content filter is only for the music. If you silence the music or cut out the music parts before uploading youtube never mention the fact that copyrighted content was found in the video.

So who's the bad guy with the b& hammer?

Or maybe both Viacom and Warner are both against episodes being uploaded.
            For me it was LazyTown Ent.
            In the early days it was Viacom, even with music videos. I have a picture of a screenshot somewhere but can't find it right now.

It could be that Turner, even though owned by Time Warner, has a more loose approach towards copyrights.

What Buzz said. Automatic search for copyright content and they decided to keep the video alive.

btw - how is the copyright for dubbed episodes? Could LTE, theoretically, claim copyright on dubbed songs?
            Yes they do. The Orchard Music does.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Weird enough the content filter is only for the music. If you silence the music or cut out the music parts before uploading youtube never mention the fact that copyrighted content was found in the video.
              maybe...but what happened with BJ's artwork on YT?...he only used the pictures and your remix and got blocked afaik

https://vimeo.com/58982262
              Gallery

Comment

the amount of strikes doesn't matter...YT uses a content filter system that works automatically at every upload...it's the business of the companies to claim their copyrights by upload of their contents and they decide what is going to happen after a strike - removing or keeping online with advertising...apparently Turner decided to keep them online to earn some money....
                Of course.. I didn't think about that when commenting. I have noticed the claim coming up, whenever I would upload anything copyright related. Would this be LT, Pokemon, or even Danish Documentaries..

But just to get this one clear - if a video is "matched 3rd part content" flagged, will, let's say, LTE earn money from automatic adds being displayed? If so it makes sense to keep videos up for extra mula..

Yes they do. The Orchard Music does.
                I see. Just read about their B.A.C.O.N. technology. Makes you understand the little links, that sometimes appear under YT videos, a little better.

Comment

maybe...but what happened with BJ's artwork on YT?...he only used the pictures and your remix and got blocked afaik
                  That's because of the claimant, Warner I think, who blocked all fragments of that movie (I can't even remember the name of the movie).
                  It has nothing to do with LazyTown.

Also on Dailymotion:

Click image for larger version

Name:	copyright_claim_dailymotion.png
Views:	1
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	149103

Comment

That's because of the claimant, Warner I think, who blocked all fragments of that movie (I can't even remember the name of the movie).
                    It has nothing to do with LazyTown.
                    I see...seems I got you wrong...I thought you were talking about YT videos in general
                    Gallery

Comment

I see...seems I got you wrong...I thought you were talking about YT videos in general
                      I was talking about LazyTown episodes because this is a LazyTown forum :nuts:

Comment

Originally posted by lazypooky View Post
                        ...because this is a lazytown forum :nuts:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6041[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6042[/ATTACH]

:xd:
                        Gallery

Comment

That's because of the claimant, Warner I think, who blocked all fragments of that movie
                          either Warner changed their mind or the content filter didn't work properly...

Gallery

Comment

either Warner changed their mind or the content filter didn't work properly...
                            The original comes from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxPTYJrbE-A

I tried different color changes and a lower resolution (480p). This one wasn't recognised by the filter. The HD version on the other hand got a copyright block.

Comment

Working...
                            X