LazyTown on Facebook has closed down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown on Facebook has closed down

The official Facebook page of LazyTown has finally shut down, after not updating that page for at least 10 years. I always wondered why it was still there.

So, what will be next. Are they shutting down everything?

Click image for larger version

Name:	lazytown-official-facebook.png
Views:	376
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	191986
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

I don't use Facebook so I am not sure of the significance of this. I didn't think little kids used it either so I am not sure whom the Facebook page was meant for. Did they have anything good on there?
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
      I don't use Facebook so I am not sure of the significance of this. I didn't think little kids used it either so I am not sure whom the Facebook page was meant for. Did they have anything good on there?
      Not really interesting stuff for us fans, only a few background photos we already saw. The rest was promo adverts for Live shows and how to make kids moving and eat healthy for parents, that kind of boring stuff. Something like this:
      https://forums.lazytown.eu/forum/the...655#post112655

It had over 100k followers as I remember. Would loved to have that connected to our Facebook group :)
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Now if only Facebook had set up Lazytown in their Metaverse where you can visit Lazytown and interact with all the characters.
        That would have been something.
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
          Now if only Facebook had set up Lazytown in their Metaverse where you can visit Lazytown and interact with all the characters.
          That would have been something.
          Christ, I would happily fork out $500+ dollars to buy a vr headset and play that.

But that would probably be a legal/contractual nightmare (I'm not a legal expert, though)

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
            The official Facebook page of LazyTown has finally shut down,
            A sad moment in LazyTown history. (even though I don't use Facebook myself)

Comment

The official Facebook page of LazyTown has finally shut down, after not updating that page for at least 10 years. I always wondered why it was still there.

So, what will be next. Are they shutting down everything?

Facebook has a bad censorship problem (not as bad as Twitter though). It's not really related to this but they've censored things like covid vaccine information posts, posts about competing brands, posts with information about the August 2023 Canada bushfires, conservative posts (I'm not conservative, but I believe in free speach), "Blasphemous" subjects (in Pakistan), posts criticising Israel, the Kashmir freedom movement, criticising Facebook itself and more

I stopped using because I had posts censored with no given reason. It's silly

Comment

Man.. I downloaded my BTS pics from there.

Oh yeah sportacus10.lazytown.eu
                Still it's sad to see bits of LazyTown slowly go away. Maybe we will lose the website or YT channel next? ):
                MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Originally posted by possessor View Post
                  Maybe we will lose the website or YT channel next? ):
                  I personally think that the YouTube channel isn't going anywhere, because they seem to be uploading new videos weekly and seems to be pretty active.

Comment

Originally posted by GlanniMan View Post

I personally think that the YouTube channel isn't going anywhere, because they seem to be uploading new videos weekly and seems to be pretty active.
                    I think the channel is ridiculous. Starting from 2015 or 2016 all they do is upload the same music videos and compilations. In 2011-2014 they uploaded trailers and episodes etc.. at least now they upload Shorts and Clips.

I think the channel will be lost due to how much money it makes to manage it (also the fact us fan channels are making this look like something made by a 7 year old)

Comment

Hey, I thought nothing beated Firefox..?

Comment

Originally posted by possessor View Post
                        Maybe we will lose the website or YT channel next? ):
                        Welp i was right. lazytown.com doesn't redirect to the Cartoonito page anymor ):

Comment

Working...
                        X