• Show
Clear All
  • boredjedi
    Master
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Jun 2007

iTunes HD episodes Season 1

Pooky how are the 1080 vids coming along?
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• LazyPooky
      ADMINISTRATOR
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by boredjedi
      Pooky how are the 1080 vids coming along?
      Hopefully next week. Internet is missing down under, they're still looking for it
      The episodes are about 1GB each.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• boredjedi
        Master
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by LazyPooky
        Hopefully next week. Internet is missing down under, they're still looking for it
        The episodes are about 1GB each.
        Cool. Was just curious if you were having trouble getting them and or converting them. I cleaned up a lot of HD space to accommodate all the upcoming 1 gig episodes :)

I was figuring they were around 1.5 gigs or so.

Comment

• boredjedi
          Master
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Jun 2007

I updated the OP with an mp4 link. I'm slowly uploading the converted MKV files so everyone doesn't have to do that themselves. Not everything supports MKV including After Effects.

Comment

• moomoo
            Trixie's ToyBoy
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
            • Apr 2007

I updated the OP with an mp4 link. I'm slowly uploading the converted MKV files so everyone doesn't have to do that themselves. Not everything supports MKV including After Effects.
            I don't understand how software in the adobe price range can have worse media support than VLC media player.
            sigpic

Comment

• SportaKandy
              NEAT GUY
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
              • Feb 2010

The new versions of iTunes don't save your email in the video file. Why did they have to be put in a mastroksa container anyway?
              Everybody needs a little time to play around. Have to heat it up, better burn it up. Cool it down.

Comment

• boredjedi
                Master
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by moomoo
                I don't understand how software in the adobe price range can have worse media support than VLC media player.
                Yeah go figure. Well with After Effects that was designed to be working with raw footage to add special effects ect... However, their Adobe Premiere which was bought up by them from another company is
                suppose to be a true video editor and it's pretty much the same issue with the MKV (not supported) though they did add VOB support a few versions ago and with CS5 they seem to have gotten that right finally.

Some of the other converters I've used are dodgy at best with the MKV which is why I hate the format. I'm using Power Director 10 now to convert MKV's and other formats the editors have issue with. It does the job.
                The only downside with that program is whomever programmed it decided that anyone who uses below 6000 kbs bit rate should be shot and they don't allow it in their program. Hence, the reason why my converted files
                are bigger than pooky's original. I do love it's converting speed though one of the fastest out there. Converts these iTunes in under 13 minutes on my rig.

The bottom line is even after all these years it's still a wild wild west out there with these programs. You end up having to have multiple programs on hand in case one fails.

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                The new versions of iTunes don't save your email in the video file. Why did they have to be put in a mastroksa container anyway?
                Because people who use MKV want to be a pain in the ass

Comment

• LazyPooky
                  ADMINISTRATOR
                  • Oct 2007

The new versions of iTunes don't save your email in the video file.
                  Yeah it did. It has the email save in the video file, I can see it with software like Media Info.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• boredjedi
                    Master
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Jun 2007

Yeah it did. It has the email save in the video file, I can see it with software like Media Info.
                    Is that what the Unique ID is?

Comment

• LazyPooky
                      ADMINISTRATOR
                      • Oct 2007

Is that what the Unique ID is?
                      It is just mentioned in the info within the file. Somehow this info is removed by that MKV tool.

AppleStoreAccount: [email protected]
                      AppleStoreCatalogID: ########
                      AlbumTitleID: ########
                      PlayListID: ########
                      GenreID: ########
                      AppleStoreCountry: Australia
                      HDVideo: Yes

Comment

• boredjedi
                        Master
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Jun 2007

It is just mentioned in the info within the file. Somehow this info is removed by that MKV tool.
                        Oh okay you were referring to the original M4V file in the previous comment

Comment

• SportaKandy
                          NEAT GUY
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 25 - You Are A Pirate!
                          • Feb 2010

Ok, so the person who originally bought and downloaded the file had an old version of iTunes installed on their computer. But no mkv support isn't surprising at all. It's even less popular than ASF.
                          Everybody needs a little time to play around. Have to heat it up, better burn it up. Cool it down.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                            ADMINISTRATOR
                            • Oct 2007

Ok, so the person who originally bought and downloaded the file had an old version of iTunes installed on their computer. But no mkv support isn't surprising at all. It's even less popular than ASF.
                            I believe the removing of the DRM requires an older version of iTunes. That's why it was also downloaded with an older iTunes version.
                            If you have a tool to remove it from the m4v file I will use it, otherwise the rest will be in mkv format first. If I have the time I will convert the 1080p's to MP4.

Comment

• Victoria
                              Owner of GetLazy
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 28 - Friend For Life
                              • Apr 2007

That is bullshit. What year are you living in? ASF? That format has never been remotely popular.

.mkv is the standard container format for all scene x264 releases. It is one of the most widely used containers.

Matroska is not a video codec, it is a container. And every proper piece of video editing and playback software has Matroska support. The Unique ID generated by MKVToolnix is not personal data. It is a randomly generated number created every time a .mkv is.

Lastly BJ, why are you re-encoding these releases instead of remuxing into a different container? That shows how little you know about video, clearly. pooky, please refrain from re-encoding the video. Your current method of remuxing to a .mkv is fine. It preserves the original quality. The quality of these files is already bad enough; it doesn't need to be made any worse.

Here's the first episode properly remuxed to a .mp4 container.
                              https://mega.co.nz/#!v8g3HZwb!j3YNNc...-DPlTmrU7OgUj0

Note how it's almost the same size as the .mkv. That is because I have left the video untouched.

Comment

• boredjedi
                                Master
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                • Jun 2007

Let me rewrite that for you in a more civil tongue.

Originally posted by Xizer
                                Nah bro. ASF has never been remotely popular.

.mkv is the standard container format for all scene x264 releases. It is one of the most widely used containers.

Matroska is not a video codec, it is a container. And every proper piece of video editing and playback software has Matroska support. The Unique ID generated by MKVToolnix is not personal data. It is a randomly generated number created every time a .mkv is.

Thanks BJ for the mp4's. But why are you re-encoding these releases instead of remuxing into a different container? There's a better way (see below). pooky, please refrain from re-encoding the video. Your current method of remuxing to a .mkv is fine. It preserves the original quality. The quality of these files is already bad enough; it doesn't need to be made any worse.

Here's the first episode properly remuxed to a .mp4 container.
                                https://mega.co.nz/#!v8g3HZwb!j3YNNc...-DPlTmrU7OgUj0

Note how it's almost the same size as the .mkv. That is because I have left the video untouched.
                                That isn't so hard now is it. I did forget there is going to be some quality loss no matter how good you are re-encoding. however, my experience in the past with those demuxers and remuxers was one of one big pain in the ass and figured the situation hadn't changed. Would be nice if you could recommend one the way nindan recommended the DRM removal program for Pooky. Personally I really didn't want to re-encode these files I was doing them for myself and thought it would be nice if someone else could use them. Also, it's not that I know little about video it's just that I forget stuff you could call me the absent minded professor when it comes to video. I spend most of my time working on manipulating images or working on 3D or working on a billion other things without having to worry about video crap so can you blame me. We are after all all here to learn from each other are we not?

Also, thanks for the mp4 link.

NOTICE: Reworking the MP4 files in the OP. Thanks Nindan for the help with the remuxing program recommend.

Comment

Working...