LazyTown Season 1 Promotional Use Only [PAL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown Season 1 Promotional Use Only [PAL]

I recently received a "promotional use only" DVD box set of all season 1 episode in 720x576 25fpa PAL. Below is the DVD containing the episodes LazyTown's Greatest Hits (128), Sportacus on the Move (136), and more importantly LazyTown's Surprise Santa in its full length version and in widescreen. It's the only DVD I've bothered to rip so far, but if anyone can think of a special reason to screen any other episode, let me know.

The original title of the DVD is LAZYTOWN.iso

https://mega.nz/file/jwBnwK7K#tvV6VH...2QW-0Iu_jY3DmQ

Thanks for the iso file.

I wonder why they made it PAL (framerate 25) and did that in a terrible, very unprofessional way.
    What was written on the DVD-box about that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2023-03-18-10h59m13s033.png
Views:	130
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	185871
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

nice treasure you have dug up there...looks a little more darker than the 4:3 version...strange that they care about the bad song and on the other side don't give a shit about the fact that millions of amercan kids are getting confused that the presents time obviously takes place on christmas eve 😆
      Gallery

Comment

Aren't all PAL files like that? Blended frames? That is why I never get excited about PAL stuff.

I remember trying to make decent gifs from that, it was ugly..

Name:	steph_circus.gif
Views:	113
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	185875
        l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Yes it is an ugly and artifacted-to-hell DVD lol. I bet it would do well some some post-editing and upscaling. The DVD doesn't say much, I'll post scans of the case insert and disc below. There are no inside inserts.
          I also have the same season 1 set in NTSC but it's all 4:3.
          Attached Files

Comment

The disk 2007 and the box paper 2008. Also disk said long version, so they were aware of that. No mistake.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

The DVD case insert is unreliable. For example it says that LazyTown's greatest hits is nearly 29 minutes long, but in reality it's normal length.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
                Blended frames?
                Meant to comment when you posted that: thanks for the refresher. I simply could not remember the terminology. I think it's also referred to as ghosting.
                I just remembered it as double vision 😀
                http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I just remember the 25 fps PAL did not work out mathematically with the 24 fps film and 60 fps video. Normally you take 24 fps film and repeat half the frames 3 times and half 2 times and you get 60 frames. 24 works nicely with 60 that way but 25 does not, the math doesn't work, so they had to permanently blend certain frames so they had some interlacing from the prior field and some from the field after it, or something like that. It was pretty nasty to work with.

If any of the above is wrong I blame Nindanjoe, or rather my fuzzy memory of what Nindanjoe taught me.

Actually this made me remember something: I documented this on an unlinked Stephers directory called Comparison.

Comparison of PAL and NTSC DVDs

Name:	lol.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	185904

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Double the Steph
                    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Have they done any of these for Seasons 2-4 and Extra?
                      To me, a promotional use DVD is kinda useless, at least in LazyTown's category.
                      All 35 episodes of S1, and only 1 is worth having.
                      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                      X