Copy DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy DVD

he setting below makes a copy of your DVD and copies that to a folder on the harddisk drive, and creates an ISO image of it. Set it to DVD-9 (8.5GB) otherwise it only copies 4.7GB.
    You don't have to worry about region codes etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ColeDVD_setting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	153192
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Copy DVD

Originally posted by Cutiejea
    Does it work for mac?
    The software that I uploaded here is only available for windows. There is no mac version as far as I know.
    You can try the alternative one, ten times free, after that you need to buy for $39 US. I don't have a key for that and I haven't test the free trial because I don't have a mac.
    https://www.aimersoft.com/how-to-bac...nedvd-mac.html
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Another great piece of Software provided by LP. Thank you

Comment

I found another FREE piece of software for the use of DVDs. It makes mkv files of the DVD files, in our case the output will be 3 or 4 episodes in the same quality as the VOB files from the disk. A good thing is that it also decrypt the files so you can watch the .mkv files directly with the video player once it's ripped from the DVD.

I was forced to use that because of a new encryption method used on a 2009 LazyTown DVD from Finland. CloneDVD and other DVD-rippers could not handle that. So it brought me to this and I'm very happy.

The advantage is that it makes 3 or 4 episode files of 1.3GB each so uploading those files are easier than one big ISO file of 5 or 6GB. It's for Windows and Mac OS X.

http://www.makemkv.com/download

Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot-t3-web.png
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	150041

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          I found another FREE piece of software for the use of DVDs. It makes mkv files of the DVD files, in our case the output will be 3 or 4 episodes in the same quality as the VOB files from the disk. A good thing is that it also decrypt the files so you can watch the .mkv files directly with the video player once it's ripped from the DVD.

I was forced to use that because of a new encryption method used on a 2009 LazyTown DVD from Finland. CloneDVD and other DVD-rippers could not handle that. So it brought me to this and I'm very happy.

The advantage is that it makes 3 or 4 episode files of 1.3GB each so uploading those files are easier than one big ISO file of 5 or 6GB. It's for Windows and Mac OS X.

http://www.makemkv.com/download

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7861[/ATTACH]
          Aren't .mkv files totally unreadable without expensive proprietary software?

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
            Aren't .mkv files totally unreadable without expensive proprietary software?
            I see that most computer video players and editors can handle .mkv video files. If not, like Sony Vegas, you can make an .mp4 within seconds with free software like MKVtoMP4.

mkv, mp4, avi, m4v, etc. are just containers with the original encoded video files in them. With the right (mux/remux)software you can contain these original encoded video files with the one you prefer, if that software exist though.

The software above removes the VOB container of the video files, cut/paste the original encoded video files, and add the mkv container. This is without converting.
            This is all very fast. While converting episodes can take 1 hour sometimes, which depends on how fast the computer is and the settings of encoding, remuxing takes seconds to few minutes.

Comment

Original link invalid now

Comment

Originally posted by YikesDepartment View Post
                Original link invalid now
                Updated.

You can join GLM if you're looking for stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                  Updated.

You can join GLM if you're looking for stuff.
                  Yepyep. I'll check there more.

Comment

Working...
                  X