Áfram Latibær the very, very first stage play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Áfram Latibær the very, very first stage play

The first Sportacus was played by a girl. Hrund Scheving was the first to play Sportacus in an official LazyTown theater play, on April 1996.

Based on the book Áfram Latibær (Go LazyTown) by Magnús Scheving, with music by Máni Svavarsson, and adapted for stage play by Sigurgeir Scheving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1996-sportacus-1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	863.3 KB
ID:	196383

Name:	1996-sportacus-2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	653.4 KB
ID:	196384

Name:	1996-sportacus-3.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	737.1 KB
ID:	196386

Name:	1996-sportacus-4.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	846.8 KB
ID:	196385
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Wow it really wasn't that long from that to Lazytown being on TV. I thought the play stuff went back a lot farther in time.

Is Bessie holding a cigarette? LOL. Or is that behind the scenes.
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
      Wow it really wasn't that long from that to Lazytown being on TV. I thought the play stuff went back a lot farther in time.

Is Bessie holding a cigarette? LOL. Or is that behind the scenes.
      It all started in 1995.

That's a cigarette alright. Probably fake.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• Fairy-Possum
        Fairy-Possum commented
        Editing a comment
        Unrelated, but look at how many posts you have lolol

• LazyPooky
        LazyPooky commented
        Editing a comment
        Super D

Yeah those pics always confused me. Is that a 12 year old girl with a beard!?

Was the Lazy Cup recycled for the Season 3 episode of the same name..?
      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

• LazyPooky
        LazyPooky commented
        Editing a comment
        It was actually called a Trophy in that play.

Wow! I honestly had no idea that the "Áfram Latibær!" play was that old!
      I always thought that the only one that was ever made was the one that was recorded!

Comment

Originally posted by possessor View Post
        Yeah those pics always confused me. Is that a 12 year old girl with a beard!?
        She was 18 years old at the time.

Originally posted by GlanniMan View Post
        Wow! I honestly had no idea that the "Áfram Latibær!" play was that old!
        I always thought that the only one that was ever made was the one that recorded!
        Many stage shows were performed that year. Only one of them was recorded.
        Some background info here: https://articles.lazytown.eu/1996/

Comment

One thing I do wonder is if it was a muscial (like the recorded one) or just a basic stage play.

Comment

Originally posted by GlanniMan View Post
            One thing I do wonder is if it was a muscial (like the recorded one) or just a basic stage play.
            This very first play was probably the same as the ones we know from the other (recorded) plays: lines of text that alternate with singing to music.

What I would like to know what kind of music and lyrics they were using. The lyrics were done by Guðrún Jónsdóttir, to music by Máni Svavarsson.

Comment

Working...
            X