Stephanie doesn't always look pretty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephanie doesn't always look pretty

Stephanie has a pretty face, but in this one screenshot she doesn't look very well. Was it a bad day for her, or is the lighting not quite right?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	415.3 KB ID:	188792
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

I think the camera can catch split second views of us that we never see naturally because they were so brief. If your facial muscles were in the midst of contracting in a certain way it could look unflattering, and unnatural because we never are actually in that position long enough for anyone to actually see us that way.

I showed this in Lazytongues where you see her singing "The" and similar words. To make the "Th" sound in English requires putting your tongue between your teeth. Similarly a sound like "la" requires raising the tongue to the top front of the mouth. These things happen so fast we barely notice them, but to the camera they are much more obvious and can make it look like you are sticking out your tongue.
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

There's quite a few like that but I think it's mostly from the older episodes right before she
      really aged up for season 2 and using that same wig didn't help either.
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

If anyone is interested: It was in the episode Sportacus Who? where she stand before the ice cream stand confused why Sportacus was giving away ice cream. Recording was in October 2004, the 23rd episode of 36.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Now BJ find us a flattering shot of her in that ep to post as a counterpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
            Now BJ find us a flattering shot of her in that ep to post as a counterpoint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sportacus Who1.png
Views:	437
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	188808

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sportacus Who2.png Views:	0 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	188806

Comment

There is something strange going on there. I don't know if it's the wig appearing smaller for some reason, or her makeup or what, but she does look a little off even in those shots.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
                There is something strange going on there. I don't know if it's the wig appearing smaller for some reason, or her makeup or what, but she does look a little off even in those shots.
                Might be the in between phase. That physiological change from early teen to later teen. One of the reasons I really don't like
                season 2 besides the fact that wig never looked right. She looks a heck of a better in the Extras. The wig fit, the outfit etc..
                It was like the original Stephanie again but the final form. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post

Might be the in between phase. That physiological change from early teen to later teen. One of the reasons I really don't like
                  season 2 besides the fact that wig never looked right. She looks a heck of a better in the Extras. The wig fit, the outfit etc..
                  It was like the original Stephanie again but the final form. 😄
                  I watched a few episodes from the weeks before the Sportacus Who? episode but didn't see much if a change. I though perhaps after the summer break they changed something but that wasn't the case also. I was thinking of making one screenshot per episode, and show them one after the other in a GIF or video to see an actual difference during the year 2004.

Attached Files

Comment

• boredjedi
                    boredjedi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got it thanks.

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                  I was thinking of making one screenshot per episode, and show them one after the other in a GIF or video to see an actual difference during the year 2004.
                  Funny enough I was thinking about doing the same thing. Also, checking the filming schedule for all the episodes.
                  I've read from other shows they don't always film episodes in the order they were aired at. Also, sometimes
                  they'll reshoot scenes after all the filming is done too.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                    LazyPooky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've added the txt file in my previous reply: order-of-making-season-1-dates. If you think of creating the timeline-faces-GIF, you can use that.
                Working...
                X