• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Oct 2007

Welcome to LazyTown Episode at true 50 FPS

I let AI make a true 50 FPS version of the LazyTown Episodes with the interpolation models. It looks more sharp and with more depth.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.
  • chuft
    Stepher
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Dec 2007

Hmm. I noticed something right away, the insect flying over her around 4:10 disappears before it gets to the basketball backboard. It then reappears around 4:14 instead of flying down from the top of the screen.
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

Trying to be positive: Cool watermark!

Not trying to be positive and trying not to be negative: Okay, LP, I'm gonna be completely honest with you, I love the channel, I love the fansites on lazytown.eu & everything, I appreciate what youve done for the LazyTown Fan Community since 2008, but I personally don't like the video (yet I still actually clicked the like button).
      You could've just said 'enhanced with AI' then it'd have been fine, but 'True 50FPS' is stretching a little bit too far..

Comment

• LazyPooky
        LazyPooky commented
        Editing a comment
        You already sounds like those troubled kids at discord. Must be the age. 😄

• possessor
        possessor commented
        Editing a comment
        By sharing an honest opinion?
    • LazyPooky
      ADMINISTRATOR
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chuft
      Hmm. I noticed something right away, the insect flying over her around 4:10 disappears before it gets to the basketball backboard. It then reappears around 4:14 instead of flying down from the top of the screen.
      Yes. Some artifacts may always be there. At least I tried to make a true 50 FPS instead of all the fake 50 FPS floating around.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• chuft
        Stepher
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 30 - Stepher
        • Dec 2007

I think you explained about 50fps to me once but I don't remember why 50fps is significant. I thought everything on video or TV was 29.something fps here.

Comment

• LazyPooky
          ADMINISTRATOR
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chuft
          I think you explained about 50fps to me once but I don't remember why 50fps is significant. I thought everything on video or TV was 29.something fps here.
          Forget TV with it's 23.976 and 29.97 fps. We watch stuff online now and are not restricted to TV fps. The video at 50 fps or 60 fps is smoother, and it feels like there's more depth and sharpness. Why not treat your eyes for once?

Comment

• chuft
            Stepher
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 30 - Stepher
            • Dec 2007

I think this kind of thing is a matter of perception and taste. I saw The Hobbit in the theaters multiple times, including with regular (24 fps) frame rate and high (48 fps) frame rate. The high frame rate looked terrible to me, like it was shot on video instead of film, like an old Doctor Who episode from the 1970s, or a soap opera.

People discussed this on Reddit, as one person put it "Peter Jackson didn't realize that the more "realistic" frame rate didn't make it look more like middle earth was real, it made it look more like we were seeing the reality of actors on a set with props"

And that's how it looked to me. More like a "making of" video special about the movie, than a movie. High frame rate doesn't look good to me, it looks like old TV video instead of film. When I visit someone and their TV has upconversion to high frame rate turned on (some do by default, and the owners never seem to know what I'm talking about since they watch it all the time) I turn it off so the shows look better and less like behind-the-scenes specials.

Comment

• GlanniMan
              Insane Latibær Fan
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              Level 12 - Lazy Scout
              • Sep 2023

Techincally, there is no true 50fps version of LazyTown out there unless it was filmed in interlaced 25fps which could then be deinterlaced to true 50fps, but this has been enhanced by AI and all the extra frames that were added by AI is what the AI thinks the next frame should be and not actually happened in real life compared to actually filming it in true 50fps. So no matter what you do, there will never be a true 50fps copy of LazyTown.

Comment

• possessor
                possessor commented
                Editing a comment
                Thas whas I sayig!
            • LazyPooky
              ADMINISTRATOR
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by GlanniMan
              Techincally, there is no true 50fps version of LazyTown out there unless it was filmed in interlaced 25fps which could then be deinterlaced to true 50fps, but this has been enhanced by AI and all the extra frames that were added by AI is what the AI thinks the next frame should be and not actually happened in real life compared to actually filming it in true 50fps. So no matter what you do, there will never be a true 50fps copy of LazyTown.
              It's true 50fps when every frame of all 50 frames in that second is different, and that's what the case is here, done with AI interpolation. If you just double frames, so 25 of the frames are the same as the other 25, it's fake 50fps, and you don't see the visual smoothness, depth and sharpness. It's a comparison - real/fake. When you upscale from 1080 to 4K it also considered true 4K. No one has a problem with that.

Comment

• possessor
                I like LazyTown.
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 30 - Stepher
                • Oct 2021

Originally posted by LazyPooky
                When you upscale from 1080 to 4K it also considered true 4K. No one has a problem with that.
                You have a point here.

Comment

• ziggyzweets
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
                  • Jun 2024

im gonna be honest, these do not look good, it's too smooth and you can see the interpolated frames. id rather take dvd quality over this

Comment

• possessor
                    possessor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who wouldn't
                • GlanniMan
                  Insane Latibær Fan
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                  • Sep 2023

Originally posted by ziggyzweets
                  im gonna be honest, these do not look good, it's too smooth and you can see the interpolated frames. id rather take dvd quality over this
                  That's very true though, espically the parts when Sportacus is flipping around it looks very bad.

Comment

• Buzz
                    Der Postmeister
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 33 - New Superhero
                    • Jan 2009

I just watched the episode on 4k tv and was thrilled...so much depth and smoothness...I think you should convert all the episodes and upload them 🤣
                    Gallery

Comment

• LazyPooky
                      ADMINISTRATOR
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Buzz
                      I just watched the episode on 4k tv and was thrilled...so much depth and smoothness...I think you should convert all the episodes and upload them 🤣
                      I like it too

Click image for larger version

Name:	like.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	199788

Comment

• ziggyzweets
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
                        • Jun 2024

i don't think its supposed to look like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1.png
Views:	130
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	199806

Comment