• Show
Clear All
  • Max Meintsgut
    Sudden LazyTown Fan
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 3 - Sportafake
    • Jun 2024

Stephanie Dress Fabric

I've seen a lot of fanmade Stephanie dresses, but i realized something was wrong. The Original fabric has shiny particles in it and i just wondered, where you can get something simlar kind of fabric?

Click image for larger versionName:	Views:	14Size:	50.4 KBID:	198134
  • Play_z
    Average fan of LazyTown 🙃
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    • Nov 2023

If you are making the dress

1. It’s best to search up the type of fabric on google by describing it (for example: Shine bright pink fabric)
    2. Then maybe you can try to see if any local fabric shop has the type of fabric you are looking for

(I never sewed anything so I don’t know a lot about that stuff)

Comment

• Play_z
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      • Nov 2023

Quick research

The closest fabric is polyester satin which is not the thickest material (It’s like tablecloth thickness)

Comment

• Play_z
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Play_z
        Quick research

The closest fabric is polyester satin which is not the thickest material (It’s like tablecloth thickness)
        There, I fixed the reply so should gives you a idea of what to use

(Please don’t buy these ones since I don’t really trust them it’s only to see what they look like)

white fabric of polyester satin:

https://www.rainbowfabrics.com.au/pr...olyester-satin

light pink fabric of polyester satin:

https://laimei6018788.en.made-in-chi...in-Fabric.html

dark pink fabric of polyester satin:

https://www.rainbowfabrics.com.au/pr...olyester-satin

Comment

• Max Meintsgut
          Sudden LazyTown Fan
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 3 - Sportafake
          • Jun 2024

Nah, i think they are to shiny. The other one look amost identical and is available in the exact right colors. But i really don't know how to make out of two seperate fabrics one striprd one. When you look very close you can see, that the purple stripes are sewed on. This could maybe help to cover the stiching, if you the two stripes are sewed togehter. I wounder, how the original one was made

Comment

• LazyPooky
            ADMINISTRATOR
            Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
            • Oct 2007

This is the most detailed photo I could find of her dress.

You can see a bit of the texture used. Where you see white dots in the dress, I think those are reflections of the white light. Although you can still see some white dots in the darker areas, so that's a bit weird. Perhaps it has this white satin combined with the pink texture.
            Attached Files
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• chuft
              Stepher
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 30 - Stepher
              • Dec 2007

The white looks like the gaps between the pink ridges. It goes in lines. To me it looks like pink sewed in lines on a white back fabric. Both can be shiny of course.
              l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• LazyPooky
                ADMINISTRATOR
                Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by chuft
                The white looks like the gaps between the pink ridges. It goes in lines. To me it looks like pink sewed in lines on a white back fabric. Both can be shiny of course.
                Yes I think so too. That's why you only see the white fabric lines when it's in front of you.

I have a close-up dress from Stephanie-2 as well and it looks just the same, so that has no additional info to this conversation. The color of the dress is a bit more intense though but that could be because of the use of different color profiles or heavily edited.
                Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• possessor
                  I like LazyTown.
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 30 - Stepher
                  • Oct 2021

I just realized you took a screenie of the season three dress. Possibly they used a slightly different fabric for the 'OG' as C5L calls it.

Comment

• Max Meintsgut
                    Sudden LazyTown Fan
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 3 - Sportafake
                    • Jun 2024

Idk, i think the dress looks always the same. No matter if season 1, 2, 3, 4 or extra. Even in some official live performances.

Comment

Working...