Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Fan Calendar

Hey guys!

I thought it would be fun to design my own LT calendar for 2008, since the official one consists of stock images we've seen a thousand times already. Now my skills aren't up to snuff with most of you, so there are some shaky edges. Also, I only have Photoshop 5 on this computer and it doesn't have the nifty CS2 features. I couldn't find the best pictures, but I thought it would be nice to try.

[img]http://img211.**********.us/img211/7730/december08eq8.jpg[/img]
    I'm gonna start with December and work backwards, just because I can. If you have any nice images you want me to use, feel free to post them. I plan to do one a day so the entire thing's finished on Christmas day.

I'm going to do what I can to fix the image box, all those jaggies are annoying me.

Re: 2008 Fan Calendar

Because they're on a white background. I tried darkening the shadow, but it didn't look so good so I made them black instead.

They also happen to be my two least favorite days of the week.

Comment

Layer Blending Options -> Stroke

Play around with the settings until you are satisfied.

Comment

I love Stroke, but Photoshop 5 doesn't have it (the first version to have that option was 6)

I'm doing what I can to produce the same effect without it, but it ain't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
          I love Stroke, but Photoshop 5 doesn't have it (the first version to have that option was 6)

I'm doing what I can to produce the same effect without it, but it ain't easy.
          You know, you could always do the rest, then send me the .psd files and I'll do the stroking.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
            Lenin had a stroke
            So did Monica Lewinsky, but thats another story.

Big grats to you Zokita!

When folks began saying they were disappointed with the official calander pic, I was thinking along the same lines - well done kid for getting this kicked off!

2 comments....

1. Size. Might it be better A4 size, so when we print it off it will fill the whole sheet?
            2. Getlazy.net logo on it? But maybe we can't do that - pic copyright reasons etc. Maybe
            Xizer can comment on this.

Keep up the good work :) Look forward to seeing more.

Comment

this seems like a great idea, maybe n00bish but when its completed what would be the best way to make it like a proper calender? staple pages together or something else

december looks great

i would say october, pic of kids dressed up since october is halloween lol

maybe august, scene from new superhero, when sporty and all them are in the deck chairs, as if to say its summer lol

Comment

Aussie seasons > other countries seasons. What better way to celebrate christmas than to jump in a pool on a hot day?
                Also, new years swimming partay till the wee hours of the morn.

Comment

Originally posted by Incommodo
                  Aussie seasons > other countries seasons. What better way to celebrate christmas than to jump in a pool on a hot day?
                  Also, new years swimming partay till the wee hours of the morn.
                  Shut up Aussie fag.
                  mmm i got just out of my pool, ooo so warm =p

Comment

Your pool is warm? Ew man.
                    I didn't do it

Comment

I founds an on topic posts but it wuz on anothr board :(

Comment

Working...