• Show
Clear All
  • xXx_LI_xXx
    The Sportacus music lover
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    • Jun 2017

Can we get a LazyTown SoundCloud page?

By that, I could mean repurposing the page with the We Are Number One stems to contain all LazyTown songs and their instrumentals. Maybe they could even have the stems for these songs as well, who knows.

I know that member Stingy has access to the Dancing on the Moon instrumental, so maybe he could put this together with the other Season 4 instrumentals. Maybe it could also contain songs from the Latibær stageplays and also remixes of existing songs. Off-topic: Personally, I'd love to hear a remix of No One's Lazy in LazyTown (my favorite LT song, by the way), but instead of being in a whole different style like the 2007 remix, it would simply be more of an enhanced remake with the extra instruments heard in Sportacus' letmotifs in Season 3 and 4.

Stingy hasn't been active on the forum for a long time (neither have I...) but I think he could help with this since in the summer of 2017 he mentioned working with Máni Svavarsson to create the perfect LazyTown song (which I have an inkling that it became LazyTown Forever, which was announced by Stingy -- coincidence, I think not!).

Anyway, do you think a LazyTown SoundCloud page is a good idea in the age of the Internet, or should the songs be listened to somewhere else? I think SoundCloud would be the best option, since it lets you download some songs (useful for remixes and mashups). What do you think? There's a poll on this post where you can vote about it.
    Yes
    100.00%
    No (reply with why or a potential alternative)
    0%
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Oct 2007

Re: Can we get a LazyTown SoundCloud page?

In fact GetLazy has a soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/lazytown

There is no way to add (unreleased) copyrighted songs there
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• xXx_LI_xXx
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 10 - LazyTowner
      • Jun 2017

I knew about that. I meant an official page from LazyTown Entertainment themselves.

Comment

• LazyPooky
        ADMINISTRATOR
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by xXx_LI_xXx
        I knew about that. I meant an official page from LazyTown Entertainment themselves.
        First of all, LazyTown Entertainment doesn't exists anymore. Warner/Turner took over in 2011 and slowly removing all LazyTown social media pages. There used to be a soundcloud.com/lazytownmusic with all the LazyTown songs ($0.99 to listen, or something like that). But most tracks are hidden for the world (except UK). Warner has no interest whatsoever to invest in uploading content other than repeating content on YouTube. In other words: if it doesn't make (enough) money, it won't happen.

Referring to your first post , user Stingy is a LazyTown fan, and not affiliated with Warner or former LazyTown Entertainment. So I'm not sure why you mention him if it's about an Official LazyTown page you want. If he has access to some of the original recordings, he would violate copyright rules if he would upload those, not to mention getting his sources in serious trouble.

Believe it or not, don't expect anything from the Official, it's all up to the fans. Chances are you will never see some of the official recordings (like the season 4 songs).

xXx_LI_xXx, don't feel offended or attacked. I just wanted to point out a few things. Feel free to argue with me. I like your post, and your intentions are great!

Edited 2021: soundcloud.com/lazytownmusic has a number of videos for free now, including We Are NUmber One.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• xXx_LI_xXx
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 10 - LazyTowner
          • Jun 2017

Welp, it's time for me to argue with you about my stupid logic when starting this thread. You said I could do that, right? Also, I'm sorry to say that I do feel offended and attacked from you pointing out said stupid logic. No offense.

Yes, member Stingy is a fan. But if he has permission to use the Season 4 instrumentals to make mashups, surely he's capable of getting permission from Máni to share them. And if not, then I guess you might be right about never getting them. It's just that Máni is the metaphorical lock protecting those recordings, and member Stingy is the metaphorical key to getting them shared with other fans. It's clearly possible that Máni could release them, since he released We Are Number One's stems for crying out loud! And if and when Máni releases the instrumentals, someone like member Stingy could put them on SoundCloud to be listened to. It would also open the door to possibly getting stems for other LazyTown songs, which would be even more fun.

Comment

• LazyPooky
            ADMINISTRATOR
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by xXx_LI_xXx
            ..It's just that Máni is the metaphorical lock protecting those recordings..
            This needs a few corrections and better leave member Stingy out of this story to make it a bit more realistic.

..It's just that Warner is the copyright lock protecting those recordings, and Máni is the key to getting them available for other fans via an official distributor. It's most unlikely that Warner release them, although the We Are Number One's stems are out there for crying out loud! via Máni (but not approved by Warner though which got Mani in trouble a bit). And if and when Warner releases the instrumentals, someone like Warner could put them on SoundCloud to be listened to. It would also open the door to possibly getting fan-made stems for other LazyTown songs, which would be even more fun.

Comment

Working...