• Show
Clear All
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Oct 2021

Translating Latabæjarhatid i Hollini

I just signed up for a service that lets you transcribe thirty minutes of audio and video and Icelandic is one of the supported languages.

Now, now, let me finish talking..

I can slice the Icelandic play from 2010 into multiple 30m audio files and just upload them there.
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Oct 2021

To test, I transcribed Enginn Latur i Latabae and it gave me these words

Välkomna! Det är hicka! Vilket är kämpar? Jaja! Attityp och nivå? Och smak är alldeles i? Och ta, ta, lajri, lajri, trots, ut, i, i Ta, ta, lajri, lajri, trots, ut, i Ta, ta, lajri, trots, ut, i, i-

So, this thread was an unfortunate fail. BUT DO NOT WEEP! There is always a way thanks to OpenAI Whisper. So don't close this just yet.

Comment

• GlanniMan
      Insane Latibær Fan
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 12 - Lazy Scout
      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by possessor
      To test, I transcribed Enginn Latur i Latabae and it gave me these words

Välkomna! Det är hicka! Vilket är kämpar? Jaja! Attityp och nivå? Och smak är alldeles i? Och ta, ta, lajri, lajri, trots, ut, i, i Ta, ta, lajri, lajri, trots, ut, i Ta, ta, lajri, trots, ut, i, i-

So, this thread was an unfortunate fail. BUT DO NOT WEEP! There is always a way thanks to OpenAI Whisper. So don't close this just yet.
      Thats definately not being transcribed in Icelandic, it's being transcribed in Swedish.
      Mostly due to the fact that Icelandic is a very uncommon language as it's only ever used in Iceland, most AI or audio to text converters don't work very well with Icelandic.
      The only way to actually translate the full show would be to actually hire someone who actually knows Icelandic to translate it for us.
      (I know a little bit of Icelandic, but not enough to translate the whole show.)

Comment

• LazyPooky
        ADMINISTRATOR
        Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
        • Oct 2007

My local whisper AI works just fine with Icelandic language. So it can be done if they have the right models.

Audio Speech to Text with openAI whi...dic to English
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• possessor
          possessor commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I downloaded MacWhisper (OpenAI Whisper but for MacOS), so I think it might be possible.
      • GlanniMan
        Insane Latibær Fan
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 12 - Lazy Scout
        • Sep 2023

Have you tried it with "Latabæjarhátíð í Höllinni" yet?

Comment

• possessor
          I like LazyTown.
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 30 - Stepher
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by GlanniMan
          Have you tried it with "Latabæjarhátíð í Höllinni" yet?
          Nup - still waiting on the 'day in the life of MS' transcript.

Comment

Working...