• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlanniMan
    Insane Latibær Fan
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    • Sep 2023

Bro, they blocked my LazyTown DVD videos.
    I'm mad now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LazyTown DVD Videos Blocked.png Views:	7 Size:	307.7 KB ID:	200264

Comment

• chuft
      Stepher
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Dec 2007

possessor of mine celebrating Magnus getting back control of LT may have been premature. Maybe now he understands why others did not leap to celebrate something whose effect would be unknown. As of now, it looks like a change for the worse. Change often is bad, thus the expression "better the devil you know than the one you don't" and why older, experienced people tend to be suspicious of change and often avoid it when possible. Younger people tend to see this as "being set in your ways" "resistant to progress" etc but in reality, it's just the experience of change making things worse, again and again.

Blaming "wildbrain" also seems off-target for who is actually responsible for this change in posture.
      l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• GlanniMan
        Insane Latibær Fan
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 12 - Lazy Scout
        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by chuft
        possessor of mine celebrating Magnus getting back control of LT may have been premature. Maybe now he understands why others did not leap to celebrate something whose effect would be unknown. As of now, it looks like a change for the worse. Change often is bad, thus the expression "better the devil you know than the one you don't" and why older, experienced people tend to be suspicious of change and often avoid it when possible. Younger people tend to see this as "being set in your ways" "resistant to progress" etc but in reality, it's just the experience of change making things worse, again and again.

Blaming "wildbrain" also seems off-target for who is actually responsible for this change in posture.
        Why do you have to be so hard on him?
        I think we were all excited that Magnús got back the rights to LazyTown, it's HIS show after all.
        Also, we're blaming WildBrain because they're the ones blocking the videos, no one knows yet if Magnús is responsible for this or not.

Comment

• possessor
          I like LazyTown.
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 30 - Stepher
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by chuft

You treat me like I'm a stupid idiot because I'm eleven years old. Magnus has nothing to do with episode blockings, Wildbrain does.. You tend to forget I am a humanbeing and I can be excited about Magnus getting the rights back to LazyTown, after all he plans new stuff for LazyTown, which you would know if you were actually a fan of the show and not only a fan of Julianna Mauriello. I can be excited about anything I want. Maybe now you understand why I don't talk to you much.

Have you seen that Rodrick Heffley poster of the third DoaWK film that says 'Older but Not Wiser'? You're making me really think that's a true thing.

No filter for anything I said right there. No apologies. No lies.

Originally posted by ziggyzweets

probably bbc
          but they allow the episodes to be up
          but BBC doesn't own the rights to Action Time, only Extra.

Comment

• Play_z
            Average fan of LazyTown 🙃
            GETLAZY MEMBER
            Level 11 - The Blue Knight
            • Nov 2023

Originally posted by possessor

but BBC doesn't own the rights to Action Time, only Extra.
            Maybe because there’s barely any LT action time videos on his channel. As I said before the BBC is probably more nicer than Wildbrain when comes to LT.

The only thing that I’ve heard about the BBC blocking stuff is tv shows music and sometimes episodes (it depends on what you upload basically)

Comment

• LazyPooky
              ADMINISTRATOR
              Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
              • Oct 2007

It's not blocking when cutting out a piece of the episode from the start or end. Seems Content ID is secure enough only blocking full episode.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• Fairy-Possum
                Metal fur life \m/
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 10 - LazyTowner
                • Aug 2023

I do enjoy speculation but I wonder if we'll ever have an answer to WildBrain blocking videos

Comment

• Brenolum
                  Level 1 - New kid in Town
                  • Sep 2024

They've wound up blocking a fan video that I've reuploaded after the original poster had deleted her account. WildBrain somehow detected two episodes when it was just the pilot episode (S1E27 was the other episode that they've supposedly detected) that had the video element flipped horizontally, the colours swapped, and all the dialogue was replaced with a text-to-speech voice as it was one of those opposite day videos. Just sent a dispute arguing that the video and sound edits should be sufficient enough for it to fall under fair use.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                    ADMINISTRATOR
                    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Brenolum
                    Just sent a dispute arguing that the video and sound edits should be sufficient enough for it to fall under fair use.
                    I tried it with one video without luck.

Dispute

Sep 10, 2024, 8:21 PM

The following claim on video HD LazyTown has been disputed:

Video title: HD LazyTown
                    Copyrighted content: Lazy Town 01
                    Claimed by: WildBrain

Reason for dispute: My use of the claimed content is protected by an exception to copyright, such as fair use or fair dealing.

My video does not infringe anyone’s copyright.
                    I understand that the claimant will be able to review my video and my rationale.
                    I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube channel.

You are receiving this email as confirmation that we have received your dispute. WildBrain has up to 30 days to review the information you provided and take action.

If WildBrain agrees with your dispute, they can release the claim at any time. If they disagree, they can choose to uphold it, and the claim will remain active on your video. Learn more about disputes.

Sincerely,
                    The YouTube team
                    Response

Wed, Sep 18, 11:33 AM

After reviewing your dispute, WildBrain has decided that their copyright claim is still valid.

Video title: HD LazyTown
                    Copyrighted content: Lazy Town 01
                    Claimed by: WildBrain

Why this can happen
                    The copyright owner might disagree with your dispute.
                    The reason you gave for disputing the claim may have been insufficient or invalid.

Thanks,
                    The YouTube team​
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Working...