X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episodes rated and reviewed

Episode Discussions

- Welcome To LazyTown -

I just had an idea. Lots of old Episodes never got a chance to get rated and reviewed. So I say each Monday, , we rate one Episode, starting with Welcome To LazyTown and going in air date order until we eventually run out . Remember that we should rate these episodes based on the standards when they were released, so you shouldn't compare, say, Sports day with Dancing Dreams in terms of quality. And now that all that intro crap is through, onto our first classic.

Welcome To LazyTown is the first episode. The perfect pilot to this series. The plot is great. Stephanie is great and so are the other character. Robbie has a perfect introductory.,though his plan for this episode is kinda weak, Wouldn't he just jump over it like in the intro?

Anyway, I give it 4/5.

Re: Episode Discussion: Welcome To LazyTown

Originally posted by The Lazy Genie
    I just had an idea. Lots of old Episodes never got a chance to get rated and reviewed. So I say each Monday, , we rate one Episode, starting with Welcome To LazyTown and going in air date order until we eventually run out . Remember that we should rate these episodes based on the standards when they were released, so you shouldn't compare, say, Sports day with Dancing Dreams in terms of quality. And now that all that intro crap is through, onto our first classic.

Welcome To LazyTown is the first episode. The perfect pilot to this series. The plot is great. Stephanie is great and so are the other character. Robbie has a perfect introductory.,though his plan for this episode is kinda weak, Wouldn't he just jump over it like in the intro?

Anyway, I give it 4/5.
    Sounds like a fairly decent idea but I already see a few flaws :S
    If we (meaning you) post on Mondays, isn't today being Thursday a problem?
    And in all fairness, Dancing Dreams pales in comparison to Sports Day.

Anyhow, I agree that Robbie's rotten plan was a bit weak, but that's alright as the episode had to spend a majority of the episode explaining the premise and introducing Sportacus. I also give a 4/5 but that's only because I'm cutting it some slack for being the first episode. Did you ever see Seinfeld season 1? It was pretty mediocre.

Comment

I don't really like this episode. It has a weak plot, lots of holes, and Robbie gets more than enough hurt at the end.

Seems they still haven't got the characterisation right- is it just me or does Sportacus act a little odd in this episode?

Comment

Interesting topic, I need to watch it again and think about it, and give an update on monday ;)
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Why so serious?

Me think - this is great introduction episode!

Also Robbie [nearly] won (at the beginning). It was great :)

Comment

hmm, "Welcome to LazyTown' was a nice episode, but it's only good because it's the pilot, it isn't as good as, say, Cry Dinosaur, or Play Day
            I'd give it a 5/5 because it's an LT episode, and they all rule.

Comment

That looks a good idea, but mm well Welcome To LazyTown is a really cool episode, but I better prefer LazyTown's New Superhero or The LazyTown Snow Monster. I give 4/5, although is LazyTown so I have to like it . So not bad at all.

Comment

I also hand out a 4/5 simply because it is a pilot, and first episodes tend to have that special
                quality. I almost allways dont see the first episode, first of anything, so it's like looking in a fun house mirror.
                You know the characters, but they are acting or dressed a little differently. The actors are feeling it out, the
                writers are hammering out most of the mistakes or bumps well into the second season for most shows. It just reminds me that they are human and it's just a unique feeling you get from pilot episodes.
                Sportacus was acting a little weird because in real life I think Maggi had alot riding on this, and frankly he was probablly nervous. (great idea lazyGenie, lets do more.)

Comment

"But the real problem is that the kids don't play outside in LazyTown...I don't want to sit inside all day playing video games." In this part Juli is very sincere and the background music is touching. I love emotional storytelling.

Comment

Originally posted by moonblayd
                    "But the real problem is that the kids don't play outside in LazyTown...I don't want to sit inside all day playing video games." In this part Juli is very sincere and the background music is touching. I love emotional storytelling.
                    Agree with that too, I love your opinions haha

Comment

Working...
                    X