Clear All
  • The Lazy Genie
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 15 - The Baby Troll
    • Aug 2009

Episodes rated and reviewed - LazyTown S1E03 Sports Day

Episode Discussion: Sports Day

- Sports Day -

I'll give it a 4.5/5 for a interesting plot, Great Robbie plan, introduction of SportsCandy and Sugar Meltdowns!

As for the song(Energy) I like it but I don't Love it. So Damn catchy.
  • StingX
    ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Mar 2009

Re: Episode Discussion: Sports Day

One of my favorites. Let me just say now, 5/5
    I find the color palette used in this episode to be far superior to the one used in other episodes. It is brighter and more cartoon-ish and I love it.
    This episode is rich with history as it is a modern version of "Áfram Latibær". Robbie's invention, the Candy Faker-Maker 3000 machine is obviously a homage to Robbie's invention in "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" which did well, basically the exact same thing. You can also see that when Pixel is checking his computer to see who is winning, the heads used to represent Robbie and Sportacus are from the 2003 adaptations of them. This episode pays respect to its roots. From 1994 to 2004.
    This episode also gives all 9 characters their fair share of air time, which is very rare. Most episodes don't include all characters, and if they do, some have very minor parts. They got better with this during season 2, but I don't think they have it quite right yet.
    Not to mention that the episode is littered with jokes and is in my opinion one of the best, if not the best, written episodes so far.
    Anyone that doesn't give this a 5/5 is insane! Enough said :)

Comment

• stephanie's lazyboy
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 13 - Purple Panther
      • Feb 2009

Ok keeping it short this time. The plot is definately way better than 'Defeeted'. i thought this particular episode did an amazingly good job in bringing forward the message to kids that eating 'sportscandy is uber cool, and how too much sugar is bad (sugar meltdowns)

While the song 'energy' wasn't my absolute favorite, the music video itself was quite entertaining to say the least. I particlarly liked how the dance sequences were choreographed.

Overall I can't really find anything bad to say so I'm gonna give it a 4.7.

Comment

• xjocundxlilacx
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 22 - Ziggy's Alien
        • Jun 2009

A classic episode. If they ever do a "Very Best of LT" DVD, it would be an outrage if this wasn't included.

I agree with most of what Stingy says, and it is unlike most kids shows in that it has a plot that most little children could find upsetting. But alas, everything is okay by the time Bing Bang plays.

I give this a 4.5/5.

Comment

• LoveTHYconan
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 13 - Purple Panther
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Stingy
          I find the color palette used in this episode to be far superior to the one used in other episodes. It is brighter and more cartoon-ish and I love it.
          This episode is rich with history as it is a modern version of "Áfram Latibær". Robbie's invention, the Candy Faker-Maker 3000 machine is obviously a homage to Robbie's invention in "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" which did well, basically the exact same thing. You can also see that when Pixel is checking his computer to see who is winning, the heads used to represent Robbie and Sportacus are from the 2003 adaptations of them. This episode pays respect to its roots. From 1994 to 2004.
          because of the reasons stingy stated above i always assumed that this was the probably the pilot episode sent to nick (after the shelby young one)... and that "welcome to lazytown" was probably made sometime after. this one is just really different from the other episodes as far as how it was shot. not only are the colors more saturated, but the clouds are more cartoony looking too.

Comment

• StingX
            ROTTEN MEMBER
            Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LoveTHYconan
            because of the reasons stingy stated above i always assumed that this was the probably the pilot episode sent to nick (after the shelby young one)... and that "welcome to lazytown" was probably made sometime after. this one is just really different from the other episodes as far as how it was shot. not only are the colors more saturated, but the clouds are more cartoony looking too.
            Well.....yes and no
            The pilot material is the Shelby Young stuff. But of the released episodes, this was the first shot.

Comment

• agusxx2
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 24 - The Blue Elf
              • Jul 2009

That's just an amazing episode, Energy is one of my favorite songs but maybe the episode is just a really diminutive bit boring in some parts, so I give this episode 4.8/5.

Comment

• LazyTownWW
                Moralist
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 28 - Friend For Life
                • Jun 2009

5/5 great episode from the same reasons as Stingy and LazyGenie.
                I liked the little song that plays when Sportacus is tryeing to train the kids for the race, just before Sportacus introduces the concept of Sports Candy

Comment

Working...