No announcement yet.

LazyTown Movie Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plot about the Movie (Opinions please)

1 problem.
    4 year old toddler boys aren't going to look up to an overly pink over active girl as their role model. Or a girl at all really.
    For boys. The show works because they want to be like their role model superhero. When their rolemodel exercises. They exercise when their role model eats fruit they eat fruit. Etc etc.
    Boys don't want to be like girls. As simple as that. Therefore they won't look up to Stephanie. Even if she is the superhero. It won't work. Because she is a girl.
    It destroys the buisness model lazytown is built on. It's why they are their genders. It's nothing complex. Girls don't want to boys. And boys don't want to be girls.

In my opinion. Stephanie would be a shit sportacus. Her character isn't right for it.

Say all ya want. But I'd put money against the idea that Stephanie will be sportacus 11.

Comment

Originally posted by diesal11
      Boys don't want to be like girls.
      I do. I want to be a Disney princess who lives in a castle made of ice. I'd wear light blue dress, but no tiara. I would have short white hair and be very agile, spending some of my free time climbing trees (that are also made of ice) in the nature section of my palace where very large snowflakes constantly fell. I'd be a really good singer, as all Disney princesses are, and would frequently perform my lovely songs for children. Oh, and I would also be independent and headstrong - prince charming can buzz off. I'm not into boys anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
        I want to be a Disney princess
        do your friends know that? ...funny that you feel adressed if we talking about boy toddlers... ;)
        Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
          I want to be a Disney princess
          do your friends know that? ...funny that you feel adressed if we talking about boy toddlers... ;)
          Yup. They called me a faggot. They're meanie-bo-beanies.

Comment

I do. I want to be a Disney princess
            how did I know YOU would post and say that?

Comment

It destroys the buisness model lazytown is built on. It's why they are their genders. It's nothing complex. Girls don't want to boys. And boys don't want to be girls.
              I remember Magnus saying that the show was a dance show for girls and a superhero show for boys (or something like it), so I think you are right.

Comment

yes, imposing faulty sexist sterotypes at an early age does seem to be more reasonable.
                what was I thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by boopity boo
                  I remember Magnus saying that the show was a dance show for girls and a superhero show for boys (or something like it), so I think you are right.
                  On the lazytown.biz site. i think he says it a lot though

Comment

1 problem.
                    4 year old toddler boys aren't going to look up to an overly pink over active girl as their role model. Or a girl at all really.
                    For boys. The show works because they want to be like their role model superhero. When their rolemodel exercises. They exercise when their role model eats fruit they eat fruit. Etc etc.
                    Boys don't want to be like girls. As simple as that. Therefore they won't look up to Stephanie. Even if she is the superhero. It won't work. Because she is a girl.

In my opinion. Stephanie would be a shit sportacus. Her character isn't right for it.

Say all ya want. But I'd put money against the idea that Stephanie will be sportacus 11.
                    well, stephanie is sportacus, so the new stephanie character will be a boy instead.
                    thus the balance is restored.

Comment

To be honest though, as much as I'd like to see a pink no.11, I have seen pictures circulating with magnus and a sort of younger version of himself. It's most likely this guy will be the new sportacus. I think it's probablly the guy sitting with him in those "magnus pics not as sportacus" thread.
                      OK nevermind, I can't find those pics now. They either got deleted or I'm looking in the wrong thread.
                      It was like a press conference, or some kind of court room, and he was sitting their all smiles with some
                      young, athletic hopeful type of guy. I might be way off target here, but does anybody know what that was all about anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Meanswell
                        To be honest though, as much as I'd like to see a pink no.11, I have seen pictures circulating with magnus and a sort of younger version of himself. It's most likely this guy will be the new sportacus. I think it's probablly the guy sitting with him in those "magnus pics not as sportacus" thread.
                        OK nevermind, I can't find those pics now. They either got deleted or I'm looking in the wrong thread.
                        It was like a press conference, or some kind of court room, and he was sitting their all smiles with some
                        young, athletic hopeful type of guy. I might be way off target here, but does anybody know what that was all about anyway?
                        I think I know what you're talking about. Some conference that he went to with Agust. He probably won't be the next Sportacus.

Edit: I think I found the photos you mean: http://www.lazytownworld.com/media/p...brussels-2010/

Comment

yeah those were the photos I saw, and so the mystery continues i guess.
                          thanks for the closure on that, haha.

Comment

So......wait.
                            (Forgive me if this is common knowledge--I'm not as big a Lazytown expert as most of you--but IS the movie still happening? I thought the LazyTown movie was that collection of Season 3 episodes that they showed in Iceland--IS there an actual movie being made? If so, SO much yes. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpman256 View Post
                              So......wait.
                              (Forgive me if this is common knowledge--I'm not as big a Lazytown expert as most of you--but IS the movie still happening? I thought the LazyTown movie was that collection of Season 3 episodes that they showed in Iceland--IS there an actual movie being made? If so, SO much yes. :)
                              I know that a LazyTown movie still has interest, but nothing has been past concept. Probably a script of some sort is out there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                                I know that a LazyTown movie still has interest, but nothing has been past concept. Probably a script of some sort is out there somewhere.
                                I'm glad you said that, for some reason I thought it was completed.
                                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...
                                X