LazyTown Movie Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see a Lazy Town movie but if they did do a new series who thinks it would be kinda cool if they combined cell animation with live action? I would still love to see the puppets come back tho too. Magnus Scheving and Stéfan Karl Stéfansson are a must tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ⬅Mamma's Boy View Post
      I would love to see a Lazy Town movie but if they did do a new series who thinks it would be kinda cool if they combined cell animation with live action?
      Better give up on that dream. If it was to happen like that, the animation would certainly be digital.

Comment

still would be cool to see it would be more visually appealing weather it be cell or digital but I still love the puppets.

Comment

Re: LazyTown Movie Discussion

I am agree with Stingy!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            Better give up on that dream. If it was to happen like that, the animation would certainly be digital.
            Whatever it is, it will still be good.

Comment

Making it animation cell would be terrible, it would lack the charm of the live action puppets. I think its one of the shows pillars

Comment

I sure do miss Burt...:/

Comment

Re: Plot about the Movie (Opinions please)

Originally posted by LazyYardigans View Post
                  Keywords "archaelogists" and "everybody/save them," eh? The plot almost sounds like the scrapped, Hey Arnold! film, The Jungle Movie.
                  My first thought upon reading it as well. Mind you, the story has been revived by Nickelodeon.

While late to the discussion, I wanted to give my two cents on Stephanie ascending to #11.

Originally posted by boopity boo View Post
                  I remember Magnus saying that the show was a dance show for girls and a superhero show for boys (or something like it), so I think you are right.
                  This isn't wrong, LazyTown does aim for those two different demographics with those distinct elements. That being said, the success of films like The Avengers shows superheroes don't have to repel female audiences, and I wager the popularity of LazyTown music isn't split down gendered lines.

Especially in the wake of films like The Force Awakens, I see no reason a Stephanie-centric plot couldn't work. "Girls don't want to boys. And boys don't want to be girls." may generally be true, but if a character is more than one-note, folks of both sexes will flock to them. Especially if being #11 is a plot device for the film--with no more show in production, it wouldn't have bearing on the show's format nor force it to be more girl-centric.

Comment

the 100 million dollar movie thing confused me a little...I looked up Mark Valenti's interview but couldn't find anything...other than that the amount sounds a bit high...would be almost as expensive as a Hollywood blockbuster production

Gallery

Comment

• Re: LazyTown Movie Discussion

This figure is likely true since Magnus's ambitions are larger than life...so goes the budget. But what is the mass-market appeal to warrant such a huge investment given more than 75% of people never even heard of Sportacus. I'd like to know what those three rules she mentioned are but am afraid to even ask. Oh man, would you rather be stuck in a room with this girl or watch a marathon of the Gilmore Girls? Both torture. No offense, I'm sure she's nice and all. Clearly much more informed about social goings on than any of us. But how many facts did you actually take away? Tips on how to talk to Robbie. Well that's something.

Comment

Would love to see a Lazytown movie, but the franchise seems fairly dead to me, even with a strong following on fan sites. Never lose hope though. Always a way right?

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                          This figure is likely true since Magnus's ambitions are larger than life...so goes the budget. But what is the mass-market appeal to warrant such a huge investment given more than 75% of people never even heard of Sportacus. I'd like to know what those three rules she mentioned are but am afraid to even ask. Oh man, would you rather be stuck in a room with this girl or watch a marathon of the Gilmore Girls? Both torture. No offense, I'm sure she's nice and all. Clearly much more informed about social goings on than any of us. But how many facts did you actually take away? Tips on how to talk to Robbie. Well that's something.
                          idk about the popularity of Sportacus in the world but on the other side he performed with Michelle Obama once so there is a chance to have a impact at least on the us american audience...the chick speaks a cute (indian?) accent and unlike other videos with native speakers I was able to understand almost every word...strange
                          Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                            the 100 million dollar movie thing confused me a little...I looked up Mark Valenti's interview but couldn't find anything..
                            I just checked the transcript, and he does indeed throw the 100,000,000 figure out there!

Comment

I rather have 100 new episodes of $1M each :icon_e_biggrin:
                              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                                I rather have 100 new episodes of $1M each :icon_e_biggrin:
                                Yeah I wish too. You'd think that with all the new interest the show is getting Turner would be willing to produce even some short new LazyTown segments.
                                But unfortunately, that is not the way entertainment works ><

Comment

Working...
                                X