Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hopes for The Lazy Dance finally seeing a release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hopes for The Lazy Dance finally seeing a release?

From what we know, it never aired because of some behind the scenes issues and stuff, leading to it being unfinished. However, Mani still had this episode lying around in his hard drive as late as 2013 or 2014, since he showed it to LazyTown.eu member Stingy while he visited Iceland. I wonder if anybody involved in LazyTown still has The Lazy Dance somewhere. However, releasing it would require some legal stuff first, which also explains why Mani only released the stems of WANO, and Warner Bros. Discovery is the current owner of LazyTown as an IP. Maybe it could release in 2024 to commemorate LazyTown’s 20th anniversary. But then again, that’s kinda unlikely given No Rita Norita’s tendency to cancel projects and remove them from HBO Max for the sake of tax deduction.

I bet there's hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      I bet there's hope.
      You are the Messiah, member Stingy! YOU HAVE GOT THE LAZY DANCE! You should upload it to Drive [Don't kill me when I say Drive instead of mega.nz!] or to YouTube or somewhere!
      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

If please member Stingy, uploads the episode to download either on Drive or Mega or Mediafire and So you can there would be no copyright issues on YouTube, you would be a hero if you did.

Comment

Anyways, the only downside to the Lazy Dance being publicly released is that it won't be a rare LazyTown thing anymore. In fact it's the only thing that the LT community is still looking for.

Comment

Well, the 2002 pilot was even rarer and then it was uploaded by Shelby Young and is still very sought after by fans And nothing changed.

Comment

I was thinking 2024 too, and it would be the perfect moment to do so I think. The very first episode that never aired being released exactly 20 years after the very first episode that actually aired (yeah ik Sports Day was being produced before Welcome to LazyTown, but it was aired after Welcome to LazyTown)? Perfection
              Honestly, I wonder what is stopping Máni or anyone else to release TLD all these years. It's, as was said, the only thing the LT fanbase is looking for rn, and would only trigger a positive response from the community
              There are little snippets online, like this one:

and nobody's doing anything about it.

Comment

• Julifco lazyfan
                Julifco lazyfan commented
                Editing a comment
                where you found that fragmenWhere did you find that fragment?

Also, what's up with Member Stingy? Do they still have the episode and is there any proof of it?
              And, more importantly, are they even allowed to publish it anywhere at all?

Comment

Originally posted by here_comes_santa View Post
                There are little snippets online, like this one
                Yes, we've all seen those little snippets of the "episode" The Lazy Dance. But that's all it is, little snippets. It seems like coming from an episode but it doesn't exist as a full episode. Only as short snippets with rudimentary CGI background, and we've seen most of it.
                Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

You're right. Just shared it as a little fun thing
                  Honestly, it's quite amusing that a 2-second clip from the episode with the audio and all was LEAKED and the full episode still wasn't. Someone who has an episode might as well make a shady-looking alt account and post the full episode there.
                  At this point TLD is a huge skeleton of some kind of ancient animal and we're randomly finding little pieces of it, desperately trying to find the answer, while the animal in question might've not even existed at all. And the little pieces were pieces of something else entirely. And all is in vain.
                  In conclusion, all roads lead to Máni Svavarsson and the people who have the episode on their hard drives or whatnot. If one of these guys doesn't release the episode, nobody will.
                  The Lazy Dance might as well be a hoax, though it's highly unlikely

Comment

The Lazy Dance was confirmed real by Magnus Scheving in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by here_comes_santa View Post
                      The Lazy Dance might as well be a hoax, though it's highly unlikely
                      It didn't make it to a full episode. If you refer to that, you can call that a hoax. The snippets or fragments that were made are real. I don't know how much were made, would be cool to have that info.

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post
                      The Lazy Dance was confirmed real by Magnús Scheving in 2011.
                      Magnús said many things, I can't recall him saying that though.
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                        Magnús said many things, I can't recall him saying that though.
                        think it was a Facebook post

Comment

Hope this helps

https://www.nickalive.net/2022/04/th...t-episode.html

https://lostmediaarchive.fandom.com/...de_of_LazyTown

https://lazytown.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lazy_Dance
                          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Glad to see my work copied

https://wiki.lazytown.eu/index.php?title=The_Lazy_Dance

Comment

Working...
                            X