X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 thread

Y HELO THAR
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_te ... _incidents
    This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.

Re: 9/11 thread

Not as good as the thing from the Guinness World Records site that did the rounds a while back.
    [img]http://img513.**********.us/img513/9373/2045guinnessmistakexc6.jpg[/img]

In related news, a few mates and I were playing Jenga today.
    We got through half a dozen towers before we realised what the date was. :|

Comment

Originally posted by jobe9779
      Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
      woh woh... people still play jenga?
      We were drunk and it was staring at us.
      I hadn't played it for at least a year before tonight, so the chances of picking today to play it were pretty slim.

Comment

[quote=Ultra Magnus]
        Originally posted by jobe9779
        Originally posted by "Ultra Magnus":ee5d9
        woh woh... people still play jenga?
        We were drunk and it was staring at us.
        I hadn't played it for at least a year before tonight, so the chances of picking today to play it were pretty slim.[/quote:ee5d9]

At least a year or exactly a year?

Comment

I don't know why they haven't made this a national holiday of mourning.
          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
            They did. George W. Bush declared September 11th "Patriot Day" or something like that. It isn't supposed to be a day of mourning, however. We're supposed to celebrate life and be happy. Honestly, I think it should be a simple day of remembrance--and left at that--without some tacky title. The word "patriot" seems a little outmoded...

-Bing

Comment

They should just call it "September 11th"
              Because, like, that's all anybody knows it by anyways. So that way on the calender, on the 11th, it would just say "September 11th" in italics at the bottom of the square. Yeah.

Comment

It is, Patriot Day, see above. Not that anybody really knows that name. It's marked with a little red, white, and blue ribbon on my calendar.

But the reason why no one gets off from school or work on that day is because the point is to show the terrorists that we can go on with our lives, that they can't disrupt our routine for years to come.

Either that or they decided we already have too many national holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                  It is, Patriot Day, see above. Not that anybody really knows that name. It's marked with a little red, white, and blue ribbon on my calendar.

But the reason why no one gets off from school or work on that day is because the point is to show the terrorists that we can go on with our lives, that they can't disrupt our routine for years to come.

Either that or they decided we already have too many national holidays.
                  Either that, or they don't really care, they just gave it a token name to seem as if they do.

Seriously though, Remembrance Day is in commemoration of everyone who ever died in any war, and that's only really comes down to 2 minutes silence.

I think that's the best way to do it.
                  If you had the whole day off, you'd pretty soon forget why and just spend it watching TV in your underwear, which is possibly not the most respectful tribute.

Also, Patriot Day is the most bullshit name in the history of anything.
                  The whole reason why it was such a tragedy was because they were just normal people going about their normal routine like every other normal day, and therefore had no reason to be targeted other than the building they happened to work in.
                  What exactly has that got to do with patriotism?

Comment

Just came back to the forum to say:
                    "JEWS DID WTC!"
                    Leaving now, bye.

Comment

Howard the Duck?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                        Howard the Duck?