Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Rights Watch = pedos

http://www.reuters.com/article/domestic ... 5020070912

Clearly, a group with such an innocent sounding name is a front for the pedo agenda.

Re: Human Rights Watch = pedos

A few years ago there was a paedo witch hunt in the UK, where mobs of people went around the country beating the shit out of anyone who might possibly be a paedo according to the kind of tabloids that cater to a... shall we say, less literate readership.

This was because said tabloids decided it was their duty to publish the names and addresses of all known paedophiles.
    And a couple of paediatricians were in there, too.

Yay for ignorance!

Comment

Any law which promotes vigilantism is blatantly a shitty law, no matter what the cause is for.

Comment

Oh, let's all feel sorry for the poor child molesters...

Comment

AMERICA OVER

Comment

The laws are ill conceived because children are more at risk of sexual abuse from a family member or trusted friend of the family than from a former sexual offender
            I can vouch for this. I know a few people who were victims of someone that was supposed to be trusted.

From 1996:

"one in ten women have been raped, almost two-thirds before the age of eighteen. ...one-sixth of all rape victims reported to the police are under the age of 12. (...least likely to be reported). One-fifth of these girls were raped by their fathers." (The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, Carl Sagan, pg. 155)

He doesn't mention the statistics for men. These nasty acts happen far too often. (E: And are often not reported.)

Since I'm on the subject, I might as well say it. When I first saw the inappropriate talking, I was quite shocked and I didn't know what to do about it. Then what little of my critical thinking skills came into play, and I realized it was my duty to understand what was going on. For a long time, I was still shocked until I read this article about how when men hangout with each other, they talk about all sorts of things without judging each other. One example they gave was talking about some teenage star on TV without being reprimanded; they seemed to imply they were talking about the teenage star as if she were an adult.

This got me thinking, is this how people on the internet talk? Do they say whatever they want as if they're hanging out with a bunch of friends? There are more questions, but that'll be for some other day since it's not exactly related this. Xizer once linked something about swap.avi on SomethingAwful once; a play-by-play, as someone put it. I didn't bother to check it out since he made it known that is what the link was about. Going off-topic for a bit, if you never heard of this file, please keep it that way. Thankfully I never saw it. What I found odd at the time was the way Xizer treated it. Like it was joke. Which is something else that surprised me. Does this behavior occur on the internet? If so, how frequent? And where? I never did do a proper investigation into this, so I don't quite understand it. However, people always seem to talk about 4Chan, Something Awful, and YTMND. There was some mention of eBaumsWorld, but I later found out people use that place as a decoy or something. I always did want to find out if these were the places where the talks I mentioned above occur. Do they? It's a bit easier if I just ask people outright first instead of just doing a full investigation without any base. Some more examples include making innuendos about everything (usually sexual).

Ah, I just remembered something. A bunch of drunk college guys said they were watching LazyTown once and at the end of the night they said they would "hit it". They were talking about Stephanie. This is an example of a bunch of guys hanging out I gave above and out of order since this should be up there.

Comment

Working...
            X