She is cute and all but....

LOL @ trick picture!

Comment

• lost4ever
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 13 - Purple Panther
        • Sep 2007

Re: Can't wait for "Alice" movie 2008

It would be great if this did come out as a movie. I love the game and the concept, and I know American did want to make a movie. But despite the rumors there has been no indication that I have seen either from American McGee or any studio that a movie in actually in the works. So far as I know it has all been internet speculation and misinformation. (And wishful thinking)

Comment

• chuft
          Stepher
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 30 - Stepher
          • Dec 2007

. .
          l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• lost4ever
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by chuft
            Originally posted by lost4ever
            It would be great if this did come out as a movie. I love the game and the concept, and I know American did want to make a movie. But despite the rumors there has been no indication that I have seen either from American McGee or any studio that a movie in actually in the works. So far as I know it has all been internet speculation and misinformation. (And wishful thinking)
            I was just going by IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466663/

but they could be wrong of course
            Unfortunately some of the information about Alice on IMDB is as much as 6 years old. Probably the best place to keep track of the movie progress is American's blog here: http://www.americanmcgee.com/

Comment

• wykinyan
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
              • Oct 2007

Loved Alice the game, not sure about the movie. Not buying Sarah Michelle Gellar as Alice, especially now that she's 30. Going from Wes Craven to Marcus Nispel is a hell of a downgrade. That said I'd probably check it out if they finally manage to finish the film.

Comment

• Zafa
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 28 - Friend For Life
                • Apr 2007

There was rumors there was going to be a Grim Fandango movie, but I think it was a lie :(

Following games I would love to see be made into a movie: Half Life, Earthbound, Monkey Island, Pac-Man... (Think about it), Phoenix Wright, Tony hawk

Comment

• lost4ever
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by wykinyan
                  Loved Alice the game, not sure about the movie. Not buying Sarah Michelle Gellar as Alice, especially now that she's 30. Going from Wes Craven to Marcus Nispel is a hell of a downgrade. That said I'd probably check it out if they finally manage to finish the film.
                  I'd probably watch it too. But your right, I don't buy SMG in that role either.
                  by the time it goes into production I think Dakota Fanning will be about the right age. she has the look - give her dark hair and teach her a British accent and I think she would fit the role well.

Comment

• Stevilito
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by lost4ever
                    Originally posted by wykinyan
                    I'd probably watch it too. But your right, I don't buy SMG in that role either.
                    by the time it goes into production I think Dakota Fanning will be about the right age. she has the look - give her dark hair and teach her a British accent and I think she would fit the role well.
                    wow is that an edit? or from a movie?

SMG would not be a good fit, i think person playing alice shoudl really be from 12-20 IMO because if im correct alice is kind of a young girl so best bet would be tog et a youngish girl to play her not a 30 year old

also that trailer looks ............... i dont know how to describe it, its so dark and menacing type of thing, if done right could be a great film

Comment

• lost4ever
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Stevilito
                      wow is that an edit? or from a movie?

SMG would not be a good fit, i think person playing alice shoudl really be from 12-20 IMO because if im correct alice is kind of a young girl so best bet would be tog et a youngish girl to play her not a 30 year old
                      No edit. That's a screenshot from the movie Hide and Seek.

When I first heard of a movie possibility my first thought was that Christina Ricci would be perfect. but as she has gotten older she has lost some of her "dark" style. Although if she could maintain the look she had in Black Snake Moan maybe it would work.

Comment

• wykinyan
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Stevilito
                        Alice in the game was a teenager, it if took place 10 years after the events in Alice in Wonderland she would be 17-18.

Here's my choice for Alice, not a particularly dark picture but hopefully you get the idea.

Comment

Working...