• Mr_Gazpacho
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
    • Jul 2007

Re: Christmas gifts!

Originally posted by DawnStar
    Originally posted by boredjedi
    Originally posted by notorious
    Fortunately, I've found a much healthier habit ;)

Does it really matter? The end is the same for everyone.
    Let's say you wanna get to the 7-11 down the street, right? Well... you step out the door... and there's multiple way to get there. There's this straight and narrow path ahead of you that all clean and pretty. The sun's shining down and birds and butterflies are all around. Do you take that path? No. It just doesn't... feel right. So you look to the right and the left. You see a path going through a field of thorns and thistles. It's raining pretty hard over there and it's muddy the whole way. There's a nasty, mangy looking dog too... and he looks hungry. But that path, the one that you're prolly gonna get hurt on, that's the one you wanna take. Why? The pain of walking that path is more pleasing than the beutiful path right before your eyes. So you head off to the dark, dreary path through thorns and thistles. You make is half way... and you're real tired. You wanna give up. But you still go on, dispite how much it hurts. Before you know it, you've collapsed from the pain and you're just waiting to be ripped to shreads by the hungry dog. But... it didn't have to be this way.

Smoking can't do anything GOOD for you. It'll only hurt you in the end. Lung cancer FTL, amirite? Not to mention tons of other nasty illnesses. If you're going to die, why not try to make it easier on yourself? Do you really have to hurt the whole way?

I know smoking helps alot... but it's just not the best path to take.

In before people complaining about my post.
    Too long, read anyways.
    You have a thorn lined path down to your local 7-11?

Comment

• Vespasian
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
      • Apr 2007

I received The Ghost by Robert Harris (a favourite author of mine), Age of Mythology: The Titans and Battlefield: Vietnam (nothing great, but I never had played these games), a DVD of The Heroes of Telemark and some truly epic headphones.

I'm waiting on about $170 of sheet music as well. For organ of course :) Though it will take weeks to get it all.

Also it's my birthday on the 27th, so it's not over for me. And I'm bound to get stuff from relatives as well today.

Comment

• boredjedi
        Master
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
        • Jun 2007

Let's say you wanna get to the 7-11 down the street, right? Well... you step out the door... and there's multiple way to get there. There's this straight and narrow path ahead of you that all clean and pretty. The sun's shining down and birds and butterflies are all around. Do you take that path? No. It just doesn't... feel right. So you look to the right and the left. You see a path going through a field of thorns and thistles. It's raining pretty hard over there and it's muddy the whole way. There's a nasty, mangy looking dog too... and he looks hungry. But that path, the one that you're prolly gonna get hurt on, that's the one you wanna take. Why? The pain of walking that path is more pleasing than the beutiful path right before your eyes. So you head off to the dark, dreary path through thorns and thistles. You make is half way... and you're real tired. You wanna give up. But you still go on, dispite how much it hurts. Before you know it, you've collapsed from the pain and you're just waiting to be ripped to shreads by the hungry dog. But... it didn't have to be this way.

Smoking can't do anything GOOD for you. It'll only hurt you in the end. Lung cancer FTL, amirite? Not to mention tons of other nasty illnesses. If you're going to die, why not try to make it easier on yourself? Do you really have to hurt the whole way?

I would still choose the thorns and thistle path. First I'd run back to that 7/11 buy lots of food for that poor hungry dog then I'd buy the biggest knife they carry and hack my way through all those thorns thistles. Feed the dog and sit whip out a cigarette and enjoy myself on a task well done. Sometimes one needs to travel the bad path.
        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• boredjedi
          Master
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
          7-11 doesn't sell knives.
          We'll make it a rite aid then because you wouldn't catch me dead going into a 7-11 anyway.

Comment

• DawnStar
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 24 - The Blue Elf
            • Jul 2007

I would still choose the thorns and thistle path. First I'd run back to that 7/11 buy lots of food for that poor hungry dog then I'd buy the biggest knife they carry and hack my way through all those thorns thistles. Feed the dog and sit whip out a cigarette and enjoy myself on a task well done. Sometimes one needs to travel the bad path.
            You fed the dog. I knew you were a good guy

Comment

• boredjedi
              Master
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Jun 2007

Lmao, they don't sell Knives at Rite AIDS either.
              Well screw it then I'll do a macgyver buy a bunch of Bic razors and super glue and make my own knife.

You fed the dog. I knew you were a good guy
              Would be the only reason I'd continue down that crappy path.

Comment

• sportastephaline
                GETLAZY MEMBER
                Level 10 - LazyTowner
                • Apr 2007

I dont know any of my gifts yet, except for the box of tampons CJ got me

Comment

• ForGreatJustin
                  Former Moderator
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 28 - Friend For Life
                  • Apr 2007

Call of Duty 4 (360)
                  Need for Speed Pro Street (360)
                  Logitech Racing Wheel (360)
                  Bathroom stuff
                  2 Monty Python movies
                  $70
                  Socks & underwear

Gave:
                  Casting Crowns CD
                  Pants & socks
                  Bread maker
                  Bluetooth headset.

Comment

• DawnStar
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
                    • Jul 2007

boredjedi's cool in my book... but I wish you'd quit smoking.

Justin? You like Casting Crowns?! Sweeeeeet!!!

I got present number two today! Roses

Comment

• Vespasian
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • Apr 2007

Added to my list: Two shirts and $70

Comment

• Mosheddy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                        • Apr 2007

I got socks, underwear, a nice donkey(dkny, dont know what it means) fleece, a deal or no deal board game that includes chocolates, loads of vouchers that ill probably give to my sisters for real money, 60 quid from my mum, a love hina manga, a warcraft manga, bourne ultimatum dvd, a watch that doesn't fit my frail wrists, a christmas day visit from the district nurse to change my ass bandages, and my lazytown magazine =DD

The magazine is pretty cool, it has a "camping with stephanie" section, a "spot the difference" page which i found very difficult, a poster of stephanie where she has yucky fingers, and a new comic strip story.

Probably the best present this year is my friend in the army came back from the falklands. First time I've seen him in like 7 months.

Comment

• AgentKJ
                          The Inspector
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                          • Jul 2007

Today I got a Singstar game, My Sims on DS, a Spyro game on PS2, some make-up, some stationary, selection boxes, a set of hand cream and stuff like that, a necklace, a writing set.
                          Cheesy Christmas Cracker Gift/Thing: A bottle opener

I've given stuff like chocolates and sweets, stationary, CD's, etc.
                          Oh and I gave my mum a load of craft stuff for cardmaking and whatnot.

Comment

• Mosheddy
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                            • Apr 2007

Eddy you moron, DKNY is a brand.
                            dawg, you just been troll't

Comment

• Zokita
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Apr 2007

I finally got to open my gifts a little past noon, here's what I gots:
                              Wii games:
                              -Super Mario Galaxy/Super Paper Mario/Fire Emblem/Zack & Wiki

Films:
                              -Simpsons Movie/Howl's Moving Castle/Harry Potter 5

Anime:
                              -.hack//Roots vol. 3/Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles vol. 4/The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (entire series, yay!)

Books:
                              -some chicken soup/The Golden Compass/Manga Art For Dummies

Misc.
                              Origami kit/lots of green clothes/sewing machine/gift cards

Comment

• Zafa
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                Level 28 - Friend For Life
                                • Apr 2007

I got presents woot!

Movies: Donnie Darko, CB4, 300, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie, Hot Fuzz, SWAT (Samuel L. Jackson)

Books: How to draw like the simpson's pros, animation book

CDs: Sonic Youth - Goo (Ya I know torrents exist)

Games: Orange Box, SSX Blur(wii), Bully, Mario Galaxy

I also got an electric pencil sharpener and some art supplies

Asian Stephanie got me some beef jerky! YUM!

Comment

Working...