• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan314159
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    • Nov 2007

The Sims

Is there anyone on here who plays/has played The Sims, and felt compelled to find/make LazyTown skins?
    I trawled the internets to no avail, so I've just put the finishing touches to Sportacus, Stephanie and Robbie skins (admittedly not very good up close, and I've just discovered that there's a parrot perch item so I think a Rottenbeard outfit might be in order...)

I'm giving serious consideration to modding the Old Town balloon to look like Sportacus' airship, too, although I think that might need a tad more than just a recolour.
  • Mr_Gazpacho
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
    • Jul 2007

Re: The Sims

I saw some cool Stephanie and Robbie skins a while ago for the Sims 2, but I can't remember the url.
    Ask Xizer if you want a playmate. ( )

Comment

• Alan314159
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 12 - Lazy Scout
      • Nov 2007

I've seen a pic of a Robbie skin somewhere, can't remember where, but it was for Sims 2 like you said, and I only have The Sims.
      I was just using the meshes that come with the game, rather than make my own, hence my sim Robbie has a smaller chin than the real one

Comment

• Alan314159
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 12 - Lazy Scout
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jobe9779
        the trick i used to use for building basements was just to raise the land so it was above the first floor and placing green carpet between the wall/ground
        Ah, thanks for that. Is that on Sims or Sims2? Without having tried it specifically to build a basement, I didn't think that the ground could be raised up high enough (on The Sims) to completely cover the bottom storey. I've never played Sims 2 but I gather from the demo I've seen that they've made the building regulations more flexible. More storeys allowed and stuff?

The green carpet I don't understand. Is that outside the house? Surely you're just covering the grass?

Comment

• Mr_Gazpacho
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 24 - The Blue Elf
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Alan314159
          the trick i used to use for building basements was just to raise the land so it was above the first floor and placing green carpet between the wall/ground
          Ah, thanks for that. Is that on Sims or Sims2? Without having tried it specifically to build a basement, I didn't think that the ground could be raised up high enough (on The Sims) to completely cover the bottom storey. I've never played Sims 2 but I gather from the demo I've seen that they've made the building regulations more flexible. More storeys allowed and stuff?

The green carpet I don't understand. Is that outside the house? Surely you're just covering the grass?
          I think that the result using jobe's method would give you a steep slope around the house, since you can't raise the square closest to the wall, just change the inclination of it. By building a "balcony" around the second (first) floor you'd get the illusion that it is connected with the surrounding lawn.

Comment

• lost4ever
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 13 - Purple Panther
            • Sep 2007

[attachment=0:2e4b4]zz.PNG[/attachment:2e4b4]
            Fix'd

Sorry I'm bored and just couldn't help myself. :oops:
            Attached Files

Comment

• Zokita
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
              • Apr 2007

I know I saw awesome Robbie and Stephanie skins before, they were somewhere on http://www.modthesims2.com, but I can't get that site to load right now.

Edit: never mind, got 'em. Enjoy, everyone, but you'll have to register to get them.
              Stephanie
              Robbie

Comment

• Mr_Gazpacho
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 24 - The Blue Elf
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Zokita
                I know I saw awesome Robbie and Stephanie skins before, they were somewhere on http://www.modthesims2.com, but I can't get that site to load right now.

Edit: never mind, got 'em. Enjoy, everyone, but you'll have to register to get them.
                Stephanie
                Robbie
                Those are the ones I meant! Good stuff indeed.

Damn you guys, you got me in the mood to play it! Now I've gotta re-download and reinstall it all over again! :(

Comment

• Rubyducky
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 10 - LazyTowner
                  • Aug 2007

I got all 13 expansions, so these will greatly complement my town

Comment

• Alan314159
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                    • Nov 2007

The 'green carpet' trick would go on the outside of the house, it would look something like this

as you can see, the ground cant go flush with the walls, so there would be a 2 tile space between the roof and top of the yard.
                    Thanks for that. For some reason I got stuck with the idea that the carpet would be on the ground floor, thus only covering the grass on the slope (if you can even PUT carpet on a slope...). Moment of dumbness, lol

Comment

Working...