• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevilito
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    • Apr 2007

R.I.P Jeremy Beadle

TV favourite Jeremy Beadle MBE has died at the age of 59, it was announced tonight.

The Beadle’s About star lost his battle with pneumonia as his wife Sue and his family surrounded his bedside.

He had been in a coma during his last hours after being admitted to a North London hospital last week.

In a statement, Beadle’s agent, Nick Canham of MPC entertainment, said: “Our heartfelt condolences go to his wife Sue, his two daughters, Cassie and Bonnie and his stepchildren Leo and Claire. He will be greatly missed.”

Click here for slideshow

Henry Kelly, Beadle’s co-presenter on Eighties hidden camera show Game For A Laugh, said: “Jeremy and I were firm friends for nearly 30 years. I loved and admired him and I shall miss him desperately.

“Not only was he a terrific colleague in our Game For A Laugh days and beyond, but he was a most wonderful friend to have and the most entertaining company you could possibly imagine.

“My thoughts are with Sue and Jeremy’s family.”

Game For A Laugh ran from 1981-1985 and also featured Matthew Kelly and Sarah Kennedy as co-hosts.

His friends were alerted to the seriousness of his illness earlier today as Variety Club fundraiser Russ Kane paid tribute to him.

He said: “It is with great sadness that I have just heard that Jeremy Beadle is extremely ill and unfortunately, unlikely to survive the next 24 hours.

“Currently Jeremy is in a coma and the prognosis is far from good.

“I'm sure you'll join me in a silent prayer... miracles of course do happen, so one never knows.”

Peaceful

For the past few years, Jeremy - best known for hosting the world's longest continuously-running hidden camera show - has dedicated himself to charity fundraising.

Mr Canham added: Jeremy Beadle MBE passed away peacefully today after a short battle with pneumonia. His wife Sue and close friends were at his bedside.

“In 2005, Jeremy was diagnosed with cancer, but did not let the condition affect his day to day life. In the autumn of 2007 he released 3 new books, and prior to his illness, was busy working on a series of television formats.

“Jeremy was one of ITV's biggest ever stars, with Beadle's About and You've Been Framed regularly pulling in audiences in excess of 15 million.

“Throughout his life, Jeremy was one of the most significant fundraisers for Children with Leukaemia and is estimated to have raised over £100 million for charities of all description. He was awarded an MBE in 2001."

what a sad day for us brits, he was a tv legend, 59 is way too young to pass on condolences to hs family
  • Ultra Magnus
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    • May 2007

Re: R.I.P Jeremy Beadle

Originally posted by Stevilito
    Click here for slideshow
    I'm clicking.
    Nothing's happening.

But yeah, Beadle was a legend.
    Let's give him a big hand!

Seriously, I'm a Brit, and I really don't care.
    The man's been little more than a punchline for the past 20 years.
    Example, see above.

Comment

Working...