• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportagirl_10.5
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
    • Feb 2008

Funny Family Stories

I wondered whether we had a thread for stories like these... I'll start.

Last night at the tea table my Mum said "Oh Mary, I see you've brought home your Big Write writing" and my Dad said "Oh really, I didn't check her bag tonight." So I said "So you didn't notice all the weapons that Mary smuggled home then?" And Mary said, complete with actions "LIKE A NINJA!" She's 4.
  • Lily_Kaelar
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    • May 2007

Re: Funny Family Stories

She should have said "pirate." Everyone knows that pirates are cooler.

--------------------------------------

When I was little, me and my family, including a bunch of my cousins, aunts uncles, family friends, etc. would all go camping. We lived in California at the time, and we would go to places like Lake Berryessa (one of the places where there were the huge brush fires a while back) and Mount Madonna to do our camping. I don't remember who, but someone had a really big boat with a tent-thing on, and we went to wherever that was and did water-skiing and cool stuff like that. I'd never been on a boat before.

But this story isn't about that. It's got to be funny. So...

I think I was about three or four. Before the camping trip I remember I was playing outside the house we'd rented, by the curb where there was a strip of grass. And I saw some little bees flying around the area, and I cupped one in my hand. I went to show it to my mom, and I was singing this:

"I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee,
    Won't my mommy be so proud of me..."

And then I got to the bit where I have to say "Ouch! It stung me!" And it really did sting me. And it REALLY hurt! I was crying, and my pinkie went all numb, and I let it go. My parents thought it was hilarious.

Later, we were all driving around for ever, trying to find the campgrounds...but no luck. Finally we drove to the wrong one and gave up, and made camp.

The next day, we were cooking some food on a charcoal grill. But before it was lit my cousins Charlie and Rhonda thought it would be hilarious to hang me over the grill. I was really scared (I thought it was really lit and I would get burned). Apparently, everyone else thought it was really funny, too. Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased.

On the last day of the trip, me and my mom were playing "sword fight" with sticks, and she ended up accidentally making me stumble backwards into the fire pit we'd extinguished the night before. It was still very hot, though, and I got blisters in places you'd never hope to have them.

I was crying and everything...and they pulled me out and everyone asked me if I was hurt and I gave them my angry face. That just made them laugh even harder, especially after they discovered where I was hurt.

They did feel sorry for me and all, but you know how families are. First they laugh, then they apologize and help you out.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, that's my funny family story. I've got loads more.

Like this short one:

The three of us (mom, dad, me) were out camping with mom's friend, as well as my aunt, my fake uncle, and cousin Charlie. We were about to cook some chicken over the fire. But rather than do it the traditional way, my dad insisted on wrapping it in foil and throwing it directly in the fire.

"Just watch," he said. "This is how a man cooks his chicken."

So, we watched. And when it came time to pull the chicken out, it was completely ashes--even the bones. He's never been able to live it down.

Comment

• sportagirl_10.5
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 24 - The Blue Elf
      • Feb 2008

Mine are mostly about Mary at the tea table usually... This one happened a while ago.

She asked Dad "Daaaaaaaadddyyy... when is Mummy coming home?" Now my Mum is an accountant and we don't see her much in January as the tax deadline is at the end of the month, so even though her work finishes at 5, she can come back closer to 7 or even later. It was about 6.15, so Dad replied "How long is a piece of string?" and Mary said "But I asked you when Mummy is coming home." I said "And Daddy answered with "How long is a piece of string?". Mary threw her arms out, "THAT LONG!". Then we heard the side door open and Mum shouted "HELLO!"

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
        • Jan 2010

Me, my Mum and Brother were heading home in the car, when my Brother spotted a Renault in the distance.
        My Brother plays a lot of Grand Theft Auto and watches shows like Pimp My Ride etc, so when we drove past the Renault my Brother decided to get his Gangsta on {you know what I mean} and shouts out "Wassup Renault!" and unbeknownst to us there was a man sitting in the car who proceeded to give my Brother a wtf look, SO funny! XD
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

• LazyTownWW
          Moralist
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 28 - Friend For Life
          • Jun 2009

Nice stories :)
          I have fun with my folks...just nothing too special...the most exciting moment was when we were in my grandpa's old car, and one of the wheels just came off, and the car ran without a wheel, and we were all like "wtf"...then the car stoped, and my grandpa got out and started walking to find the weel, all pissed like...but that's the best one I can remember *yawn*

Comment

Working...