Types of books you like to read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of books you like to read

[img]http://img263.**********.us/img263/1337/nightmareonhannahstreetmb3.jpg[/img]

this is real

Re: Best. Book. Ever.

Except or the part where the picture makes her look like Joan Rivers.

Comment

Types of books you like to read

What are the types of Books you like to read? I like to read books on the Amish real and fiction. I also like to read books on Titanic(real ship not the 1997 movie) and other Ocean Liners.,

Comment

Re: Types of books you like to read

I love a good mystery. I collect Agatha Christie's Poirot novels, as well as Lilian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who... murder mystery series. However, I like my fantasy, too; I love Harry Potter, though I can't seem to get through The Lord of the Rings to save my life. And I'm a sucker for a good sci-fi piece; I love the Star Trek novels, especially ones that have Spock in them!

My very favorite book is a piece that, while technically fantasy, is set and written in such a way that it feels absolutely real: The Minotaur Takes a Cigarette Break, by Steven Sherrill. I highly, highly recommend it!

The Minotaur, having endured 5000 years of immortality, is currently living in a trailer park in the Deep South, working as a line cook in a restaurant. His appearance is more monstrous than his behavior, which is more humane than that of most of his co-workers. Coping within the limitations imposed on his existence--horns that are deadly, inarticulateness, a disproportionate body ill-adapted for clothes--the Minotaur has learned to sew and become an expert auto mechanic and a superb cook. It is dealing with people that poses the greatest difficulties. When love becomes a possibility, he must negotiate a path, threatened by the malevolence of the restaurant waiters and supported by the kindness of his landlord and friends. First novelist Sherrill skillfully creates a world in which the reader is more than willing to suspend disbelief to see the man in the monster and the monstrous in all of us.
        -Andrea Caron Kempf, Johnson Cty. Community Coll. Lib., Overland Park, KS

Comment

Okay,thank you . I will check out the book you recommend.

Comment

Well, I do love novels written by Ann Brashares...especially her Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants

Comment

Originally posted by LazyCity
              Well, I do love novels written by Ann Brashares...especially her Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants
              isn't there a size limit on sigs. seems abit big, not to mention she is just

Comment

Right now, I am reading A Gift of Grace.

Comment

I like to read books about travelling or people who undertake some sort of journey. The book that got me into this subject was 'A charming mass suicide' from Arto Paasilinna. It's the only book about travelling I've read up to now but yesterday I wanted to get 'Into the wild' from the library but they didn't have it yet (they ordered it just for me lol) so I chose 'Insomnia' from Stephen King instead. It was listed as horror but I think it leans more to the thriller-genre.

My favourite books up to now are Harry Potter and 'American psycho', also a thriller.

Comment

I like reading books in the 'comic' or 'diary/journal' format, nowadays. I also really like non-fiction lists, technological stuff, some comedy action books..
                    Tom Gates, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Captain Underpants and Australian and World Records books are currently my favourite.
                    Can't say I like LazyTown books, because you can't say I've read them.
                    MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                    X