This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drink Thread

There's a thread for knockoffs, a thread for food, a thread for weather. a thread for hellos, and for birthdays....why not drinks?

I'm actually really interested in finding out about drinks that are specific to your country or area of the world.

Today, I had a V8. It's a delicious, creamy, canned vegetable drink made with tomato, carrot, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, and spinach. But it primarily tastes of tomato, with a hint of carrot.

They have it in other countries, but it's not as widely advertised elsewhere as it is here. For example:

[youtube]_VZxE6pW_to[/youtube]

For vegetarians, semi-vegetarians (like myself), and just veggie lovers, it's like heaven in a can. It's especially good with ice in it. Otherwise, warm...it's a little tinny.

It's only got 20 less calories than most diet soda (they have 90 depending), but think of it as good calories. At least you're getting two full servings of veggies with every can.

I told Deep4t that I was getting up to get a V8, but he didn't know what I meant. So I had to explain to him what it was, and he thought it was quite strange.

That's when I thought I should start a drink thread.

Post your drinks here! Whether it's country/area-specific, a new drink, or something you like, I'd love to hear about it.

Too bad we don't have SS he's always so enthusiastic about Turkish foods and drinks.

Re: The Drink Thread

V8 is nasty. It tastes mostly like tomato soup.. and I like tomato soup but I like it warm.. and in a bowl.. and with crackers.

There is an Asian market downtown that we go to every so often and one of their sections is drinks! They're all single servings and are all under a dollar. There are drinks from China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan... you name it. I went with 20 bucks and bought 20 different kinds of drinks that I had never had before. Only 2 or 3 were drinkable. Others were nastay.

Comment

Speaking of nasty

One of the worst drinks I have ever tried.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

u mad?

love em

Comment

Originally posted by Deep4t
          u mad?
          Probably ;)
          I think they put too many flavours in one drink, the one I tried had Strawberries, Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Grapes and Lime juice in it, that and the lumpy texture totally ruined it for me I'd rather get my 5 a day by eating the fruits seperately.
          If that's what it tastes like in date, hate to think what an out of date one would taste like.

Comment

Well since I'm from Belgium, beer is the first that comes to mind although I don't like beer at all.
            No, I run on juice and water. Occasionally coca cola but the last glass I drank was about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

V8 is delicious to me anyway >.>

Mom likes it with alcohol. But me, I don't drink. Won't do it very much, either, when I'm old enough.

I run on mostly water, but Dr. Pepper is the elixir of the gods.

Mr. Pibb is pretty close.

As you can see in that picture, Red Vine licorice is the best thing ever. Paired with Pibb, it's an orgasmic, magical wonderland of awesomeness.

Comment

best drink

Comment

Magnificent

Especially the doughnut flavoured one

Comment

RED VINES, what the HELL can't they do?

Comment

Working...
                      X