X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zokita
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

^Oh, alright. I can understand being upset when people don't give credit to members who busted an arm and leg in acquiring (and subsequently uploading) rare stuff. I can appreciate how insanely difficult it is to come across pre-Nick Jr. Latibaer material, and the person who went through all that trouble to share the stuff deserves credit of course. I try to credit the original uploader if I ever share a link to something that isn't my rip. I'm also at fault for spreading misinformed slander, and I apologize for my role in the conflict.

But is all this animosity and warfare really necessary? This is a small fandom, maybe we could get together on neutral ground (maybe a separate chat) and try to come to a truce? If we just agreed to leave each other alone and stop the petty bans, I think our corner of the internet would be a much happier place.
    </soapbox mode>

Comment

• sylvanas
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 9 - Energy Poster
      • Apr 2007

There actually...isn't any warfare going on that I'm aware of. o.o;; All of this conflict is old business that's done with. There's no mention of it in the LJ Comm, and most of the members aren't even aware that there even was a conflict to begin with.

Unless someone's trying to perpetuate more conflict somehow, which isn't cool.

Comment

• Victoria
        Owner of GetLazy
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 28 - Friend For Life
        • Apr 2007

I think I need to clear something up here.

The war with the LiveJournal community and Get Lazy is what I would like to refer to as the LazyTown Cold War.

And yes, it's still going on. But it is indeed a cold war. It is a battle over ideals and policies.

Also, no mods from the LiveJournal community are banned from here. I would think that would be evident by the fact that sylvanas, or should I say Razoth, is currently participating in this topic. There are, however, many Get Lazy members banned from the LiveJournal community - me, Edis, tehsp0rk, Skootch, nindanjoe, and probably more.

Apparently I was labeled as a "troublemaker" despite my contribution of a full DVD rip to the community.

The IRC conversations Razoth speaks of would be from #lazytown, where it is relaxed, just like an IRC chat. We bring up material that is inappropriate for the forums in there from time to time. Apparently the LJ community felt it was necessary to place a "spy" in our chat room and ban us for things completely unrelated to the LJ community.

As for stealing things, Razoth here is full of shit. I'm pretty sure nothing on Get Lazy was stolen, and if it was, it was unintentional. Apparently, the LJ community is full of credit whores despite the fact that none of the content belongs to them. It is LazyTown Entertainment's intellectual property.

I first witnessed the credit obsession when I made a thread indexing LazyTown torrents across the web. Apparently, one of them I linked to was Razoth's. Razoth accused me of stealing something, despite the fact that I was only linking to a torrent, and demanded I credit her, despite the fact that her name appeared on the torrent page as soon as you clicked the link to go to it.

Quite frankly, I really don't care about the LJ community. Get Lazy is obviously a superior form of communication than a LiveJournal, as evidenced by the fact that we are approaching 5,000 posts in less than a month.

I'm not starting any shit with the LJ comm, I'm ignoring it. If any shit gets started, you can look to the drama queens that run that community, as they are the ones who started it in the first place. Get Lazy certainly wasn't the one to start banning members of the other community for no reason. In fact, no one is banned from Get Lazy. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Comment

• SimbiAni
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 11 - The Blue Knight
          • May 2007

http://simbiani82.livejournal.com/profile

Comment

• DawnStar
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 24 - The Blue Elf
            • Jul 2007

Re: LiveJournal

I'll add you... but I just recently made one and I don't think I did anything in it. I think I made it when there was all that talk about the Lazytown Secret Santa thingy... but... well, that certainly leads to nowhere! lol

*clicks link*

Edit: Dear Lord... I just looked at my lj and it's an embarassment. lol

Comment

• Sir Finkus
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 19 - Secret Friend
              • Apr 2007

Lol, social networking.

Comment

• Edgar
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                • Apr 2007

i Don't have Nothing of this.

Comment

• EdisLeado
                  Founder of GetLazy
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                  Originally posted by Edgar
                  i Don't have Nothing of this.
                  You don't have nothing of English skills.
                  So he DOES have English skills?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Victoria
                    Owner of GetLazy
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 28 - Friend For Life
                    • Apr 2007

LiveJournal is for furries
                    MySpace is for emo fags
                    Facebook is for retards who think it's a cool MySpace

Comment

• Frakkyfire
                      GETLAZY MEMBER
                      Level 9 - Energy Poster
                      • Aug 2007

Hey! *pouts* ...I use Facebook... Actually, it's really popular in my city because a lot of us find it hard to see each other during the day and it helps us keep in touch without phone calls at innopportune times. Of course, I'm a big loser, so I'm not the best person to defend anything really. :)

Comment

• brorbjabapedy

stupendous ringtone collection

here's a categorically titanic deleted post! Like, OMG!

Comment

Working...