X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ultra Magnus
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    • May 2007

You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick?
    "Hey, man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Comment

• Victoria
      Owner of GetLazy
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 28 - Friend For Life
      • Apr 2007

Oh yeah, well, some of us would rather have a robot than an animal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007SXAI4/

Comment

• Vespasian
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by notoriousmdc
        Originally posted by RobbieMegaRotten
        But they're not. When you tell a trained dog to sit and he doesn't he's stupid. When you tell a trained cat to sit and he doesn't he's independent?

Cats are borderline feral animals.
        Some of us would rather own an animal than a robot.
        That's a very bad argument RMR, we don't get pets just to do things for us.

You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick?
        "Hey, man. You threw the stick, you go and get it yourself, I'm busy. If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"
        Yes, someone please explain to me the practicallity of throwing that stick.

Comment

• moomoo
          Trixie's ToyBoy
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Apr 2007

Also cats have better personal hygiene. I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but it's definately dirty.

Comment

• RobbieMegaRotten
            GETLAZY MEMBER
            Level 9 - Energy Poster
            • May 2007

My dog isn't dirty.

And it's not as if I taught my dog how to make dinner, I taught him how to heel, sit, and lay down. I didn't teach him how to fetch. You don't teach dogs how to fetch, they come with that ability. They like to play fetch. I don't. I have better things to do than to repeatedly throw a ball that's going to get more and more disgusting the more my dog puts it in his mouth.

It's not a matter of independence. Let's go back to the classroom argument. If you ask someone what 2 + 2 is and they masturbate instead of answering the question, they aren't independent, they are retarded. If you ask someone what 2 + 2 is and they answer 4, they aren't a robot, they are capabale of learning. The cat is retarded, the dog is capable of learning.

Comment

• moomoo
              Trixie's ToyBoy
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

But dogs eat anything they can find, including their own and other dogs' feces.

Comment

• DSK
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                • Apr 2007

*sigh* Can't we just leave it as cats and dogs are intelligent in each their own right? They are two very different creatures so trying to judge them against each other like this is getting quite ridiculous.

Comment

• RobbieMegaRotten
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 9 - Energy Poster
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by moomoo
                  But dogs eat anything they can find, including their own and other dogs' feces.
                  My dog doesn't. My grandparents dog eats its own shit, but it was originally a seeing-eye dog so we think it may have been trained to.

Comment

• Vespasian
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

It's not a matter of independence. Let's go back to the classroom argument. If you ask someone what 2 + 2 is and they masturbate instead of answering the question, they aren't independent, they are retarded. If you ask someone what 2 + 2 is and they answer 4, they aren't a robot, they are capabale of learning. The cat is retarded, the dog is capable of learning.
                    That's a fair point there, but I might suggest we all remember that cats can be properly taught to use a toilet.

Comment

• kelly
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 19 - Secret Friend
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Vespasian
                      That's a fair point there, but I might suggest we all remember that cats can be properly taught to use a toilet.
                      Whereas our dog can't be taught not to poop under the clothesline :|

Comment

• RobbieMegaRotten
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        Level 9 - Energy Poster
                        • May 2007

Vespasian:
                        If you're talking about the litterbox, then remember that the reason we don't teach dogs to use the litterbox is because their shit would stink like hell. If you're talking about the actual toilet, teaching a cat to use one is extremely hard and the advantage they have over dogs here is size and agility.

Kelly:
                        Most dogs shit in the corner. Don't put your clothesline under the corner.

Comment

• kelly
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 19 - Secret Friend
                          • Apr 2007

Kelly:
                          Most dogs shit in the corner. Don't put your clothesline under the corner.
                          It's not in a corner, the outside lines are several meters from the fence and the shed, and he poops right underneath, where you need to be careful when you're hanging clothes on the inside lines.
                          Visual aid (run outside and taken in the middle of typing this):

Comment

• DSK
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                            • Apr 2007

Yeah, I think my dogs actually avoid corners. They'll go anywhere XD

Comment

Working...