• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevilito
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    • Apr 2007

Cat Broke My Mobile

my bloody kitten knocked mymobile off my desk and broke half of the falp but so i was trying to put back and i snapped the othrside of it and broke the linkto the screen now my phone is on but no screen cant do anyhting now grrr

bloody cats lol
  • moomoo
    Trixie's ToyBoy
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Sounds to me like your cat just disassembled it and YOU broke it trying to put it back together.

Comment

• Stevilito
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 21 - Poster By The Book
      • Apr 2007

well yes thas true but ya know ya gotta blame something,nothing is ever your own fault lol

like ya bang ya leg on a coffee table its the tables fault for being there lol

Comment

• Leeroy
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 9 - Energy Poster
        • Apr 2007

Well, if you dont want your cat anymore..... I'd be happy to take it off your hands hehe

Comment

• CarbonXe
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 11 - The Blue Knight
          • Apr 2007

lol, mobile

Comment

• Victoria
            Owner of GetLazy
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 28 - Friend For Life
            • Apr 2007

I just can't defend the English on this one, mobile is a ****ing stupid term. Cell phone is significantly better.

Mobile is a term used to define something that is movable. Using it as the name of a single object is ****ing stupid.

"I just picked up my mobile mobile."

It's stupid shit like this that makes learning languages harder than it should be.

Comment

• Leeroy
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              Level 9 - Energy Poster
              • Apr 2007

Well, the correct term is Mobile Phone, but we (UK/Aus) just shorten it to Mobile

Comment

• Mosheddy
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Xizer
                I just can't defend the English on this one, mobile is a ****ing stupid term. Cell phone is significantly better.

Mobile is a term used to define something that is movable. Using it as the name of a single object is ****ing stupid.

"I just picked up my mobile mobile."

It's stupid shit like this that makes learning languages harder than it should be.
                Wanna know whats ****ing stupid shit? Defiling the english language because you just couldn't be bothered to pronounce things properly.

Mobile is a term used to define something that is movable. You mean kinda like, a mobile home? You're right, I've never seen a house phone get more than 10 feet before the cord runs short, or a cordless phone go 30 metres before the signal turns to shit. Having a truely "mobile" phone is absurd!

Cell is a term used to define the basic unit of life. Using it as the name of a something not living is ****ing stupid.

"I just picked up my basic unit of life."

Originally posted by Xizer
                idk, i r wtf tisnf omfg gtfo bbq?

Comment

• Dictionary
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 4 - Poster On The Move
                  • May 2007

Cell
                  Function: noun
                  Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, religious house and Anglo-French celle hermit's cell, from Latin cella small room; akin to Latin celare to conceal
                  1 : a small religious house dependent on a monastery or convent
                  2 a : a one-room dwelling occupied by a solitary person (as a hermit) b : a single room (as in a convent or prison) usually for one person
                  3 : a small compartment, cavity, or bounded space: as a : one of the compartments of a honeycomb b : a membranous area bounded by veins in the wing of an insect
                  4 : a small usually microscopic mass of protoplasm bounded externally by a semipermeable membrane, usually including one or more nuclei and various other organelles with their products, capable alone or interacting with other cells of performing all the fundamental functions of life, and forming the smallest structural unit of living matter capable of functioning independently
                  5 a (1) : a receptacle containing electrodes and an electrolyte either for generating electricity by chemical action or for use in electrolysis (2) : FUEL CELL b : a single unit in a device for converting radiant energy into electrical energy or for varying the intensity of an electrical current in accordance with radiation
                  6 : a unit in a statistical array (as a spreadsheet) formed by the intersection of a column and a row
                  7 : a basic and usually small unit of an organization or movement <terrorist cells>
                  8 : a portion of the atmosphere that behaves as a unit <a storm cell>
                  9 a : any of the small sections of a geographic area of a cellular telephone system b : CELL PHONE

Comment

• Mosheddy
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Dictionary
                    Cell
                    Function: noun
                    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, religious house and Anglo-French celle hermit's cell, from Latin cella small room; akin to Latin celare to conceal
                    1 : a small religious house dependent on a monastery or convent
                    2 a : a one-room dwelling occupied by a solitary person (as a hermit) b : a single room (as in a convent or prison) usually for one person
                    3 : a small compartment, cavity, or bounded space: as a : one of the compartments of a honeycomb b : a membranous area bounded by veins in the wing of an insect
                    4 : a small usually microscopic mass of protoplasm bounded externally by a semipermeable membrane, usually including one or more nuclei and various other organelles with their products, capable alone or interacting with other cells of performing all the fundamental functions of life, and forming the smallest structural unit of living matter capable of functioning independently
                    5 a (1) : a receptacle containing electrodes and an electrolyte either for generating electricity by chemical action or for use in electrolysis (2) : FUEL CELL b : a single unit in a device for converting radiant energy into electrical energy or for varying the intensity of an electrical current in accordance with radiation
                    6 : a unit in a statistical array (as a spreadsheet) formed by the intersection of a column and a row
                    7 : a basic and usually small unit of an organization or movement <terrorist cells>
                    8 : a portion of the atmosphere that behaves as a unit <a storm cell>
                    9 a : any of the small sections of a geographic area of a cellular telephone system b : CELL PHONE
                    number 9, b. YOU LOSE mr webster. its not your fault your ancesters were irish =)

Comment

• kelly
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 19 - Secret Friend
                      • Apr 2007

What's next? Flame wars about the spelling of p(a)edophile?
                      Def. 9 obviously post-dates the common use of the words 'cell(ular) phone', so is useless to help somebody decide if the words 'cellular phone' would make sense to somebody who'd never heard of one/one described that way.

Comment

• Mosheddy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Apr 2007

My point was that both "Mobile" and "cell" could be used as a prefix before "phone" and that xizer sounds pretty stupid shouting his mouth off about something so trivial. Its the sort of matter where his opinion doesn't count for shit nor would anyone ever ask for it. It amounts to about 100 pages of edgar spam.

[User was placed on suspension for this post]

Comment

• Zokita
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

I propose that we call them talking bricks and be done with it. ;)

(I don't own that type of phone, so I've never experienced one breaking before, but good luck with getting it fixed.)

Comment

• Vespasian
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mosheddy
                            My point was that both "Mobile" and "cell" could be used as a prefix before "phone" and that xizer sounds pretty stupid shouting his mouth off about something so trivial. Its the sort of matter where his opinion doesn't count for shit nor would anyone ever ask for it. It amounts to about 100 pages of edgar spam.
                            Seconded. Now let's talk about more serious things, like the pronunciation of 'Z'

Comment

• Leeroy
                              GETLAZY MEMBER
                              Level 9 - Energy Poster
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Vespasian
                              Seconded. Now let's talk about more serious things, like the pronunciation of 'Z'

I Vote for "Z-ed"

Comment

Working...