• Show
Clear All
  • ooozmin
    Former moderator
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 29 - Villain Number One
    • May 2007

Energy Drinks: Fan or Foe?

I dunno. You see them everywhere now, everybody is drinking them...do they really work and what's the whole buzz around them? I don't wanna sound like a hypocrite but I really hate them because they are sooo expensive and all they do is give me bad diarrhea...honestly. But I still end up buying them and drinking them all of the time. What is it that makes me buy them? I dunno, I'm not addicted to them, most taste like crap (either melted candy (lol Ziggy) or medicine) but they do look pretty sweet and some of the cans are pretty neat looking. For example I bought ANOTHER one today it was around $3.00 and it actually changes colour when you drink it! First it was green, then dark red, then orange and finally yellow! I dunno, I'm trying to stop drinking them...I've stopped buying them but people always end up buying me one or I end up drinking one of my friends because they didn't like it.

So, I guess I'm a foe of those energy drinks. They suck, they are expensive and they give me diarrhea. BUT I STILL DRINK THEM WTF!?

What is your opinion on them?
  • Sir Finkus
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 19 - Secret Friend
    • Apr 2007

I drink vault, not for the buzz, but because I like the taste

Comment

• ooozmin
      Former moderator
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Sir Finkus
      I drink vault, not for the buzz, but because I like the taste
      Some taste deace but other crap tastes better and it is cheaper

Comment

• Zokita
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
        • Apr 2007

I've avoided them at all costs. All my classmates drink them in school, and I'm very wary of large caffeine dosages. I just don't see the need for it, I usually go for a granola bar and a piece of sportscandy in the morning and that gives me plenty of energy.

Comment

• Sir Finkus
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 19 - Secret Friend
          • Apr 2007

naw, Vault costs about the same as normal soda

Comment

• Mosheddy
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
            • Apr 2007

I can't stand them. I don't trust any of these new food and energy suppliments. I guess they are designed for the working man or woman who is always on the go and doesn't have time to sit down and stoke up on normal food. My friend is in the army and he drinks a lot of these. I tell him how pointless they are and he just feeds me some bullshit "don't knock it before you've tried it" crap. Although if he drinks them for the taste, I'm sure he could do a lot better...

Comment

• Zafa
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 28 - Friend For Life
              • Apr 2007

I have had one energy drink in my life, it was the mountain dew one, idk what its called. It wasn't mountain dew it was by the makers.

It was the day of the prom and my friend and I were at the local Target and were like, if we are going to be going on the internet and playing video games all night, we will need energy, so we bought some haha.

You guys already know how I am... hyper I guess you can say, well I was like going crazy in my head... from one. I guess you get use to the voices after a bit tho

I remeber I made 3 ytmnds that night, played halo with Justin, Mitch and Jirojin, my friend lvl'd up in WoW like a ton (I don't play WoW anymore, so I didn't lvl up haha)

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • May 2007

These drinks do nothing for me, but that's because I seem to have a natural chemical resistance to drugs.

All drugs: caffeine, alcohol, asprin, as well as less legal substances.
                I need a lot more than anyone else I know before I feel any effects.

It can be rather annoying and get quite expensive at times. :(

One day around 8 years ago I was really knackered at work, so I took a shitload of Pro-Plus (something rediculous like 32 of them) and it did nothing for me.
                Ditto about 3 years ago I had half a dozen cans of Red Bull to try and get me through a working day, but they didn't help. I still crashed as soon as I got home.

I've actually got a few Red Bulls sitting in a bag in the corner of my room at the moment.
                I bought them a while ago but never bothered drinking them, as I know they won't do anything.

I've given a few other types a try, but they don't work either.

I'll shut up now. :|

Comment

• Sir Finkus
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 19 - Secret Friend
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                  These drinks do nothing for me, but that's because I seem to have a natural chemical resistance to drugs.

All drugs: caffeine, alcohol, asprin, as well as less legal substances.

One day around 8 years ago I was really knackered at work, so I took a shitload of Pro-Plus (something rediculous like 32 of them) and it did nothing for me.
                  Ditto about 3 years ago I had half a dozen cans of Red Bull to try and get me through a working day, but they didn't help. I still crashed as soon as I got home.

I've actually got a few Red Bulls sitting in a bag in the corner of my room at the moment.
                  I bought them a while ago but never bothered drinking them, as I know they won't do anything.

I've given a few other types a try, but they don't work either.

I'll shut up now. :|
                  I'm kinda the same way I think, I've never felt more energetic as a result of drinking energy drinks, and otc pain killers do nothing for me. Luckily, I'm rarely in pain, and haven't take medication in any form for over a year now.

Comment

• CarbonXe
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
                    • Apr 2007

Purple and Orange (not sure on the flavor names) Rockstars scare the shit out of me. They'll do about as much as a single Red Bull and they don't taste like energy drinks. They taste like normal sodas or juice drinks. If I'm going to drink an energy drink, I'm going for a Red Bull, I actually like the taste lol.

Comment

• EdisLeado
                      Founder of GetLazy
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zokita
                      I've avoided them at all costs. All my classmates drink them in school, and I'm very wary of large caffeine dosages. I just don't see the need for it, I usually go for a granola bar and a piece of sportscandy in the morning and that gives me plenty of energy.
                      Same. I've been staying away from carbonated drinks and energy drinks. But it seems like all my classmates buy them in packs of 6 and drink them all the time :/ I find some veggies and sports candy along with some water keeps me up for the day -- Plus I can still jump and flip around.

I find it kind of funny how people who drink the energy drinks don't do anything active at all :/
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mosheddy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                        • Apr 2007

this thread needs a song. gogo, if you wanna be talk of the town you need energy! drinks!

Comment

• M_B
                          GETLAZY MEMBER
                          Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                          • Apr 2007

Meh. Energy drinks are kind of a grey area for me. I favor the taste for some Monster beverages, that NoFear energy drink from Sobe, and a few others, but not much. I guess it's an acquired taste as half the people I know say it tastes like pickled bull piss and the other half think it just tastes like a soda.

Comment

• ooozmin
                            Former moderator
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • May 2007

The only two energy drinks that taste decent and don't give me direhha:

Number 1: Jolt: Blue

looks sick eh?

Number 2: Rock star: Pomegranate (the one on the right)

Comment

• moomoo
                              Trixie's ToyBoy
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus

I bet you can make a ton with drinking matches though.

Comment

Working...