• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LTgirl
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 18 - Wizard Of GetLazy
    • Apr 2007

boys and girls

from being on this board, i have noticed that boys are just as obsessive as girls when it comes to crushes. i always used to think that we girls were way more vocal about the boys (celebs or not) we were interested in.

i just started thinking about that lately and decided to write about it. i think it's adorable how a lot of the guys on this board like stephanie. it's cute. i have to remind myself that even though to ME stephanie/julianna is just a little girl, to the teen BOYS, she's...a teen GIRL. ;)

it's cute to see some of you defend her innocence from other guys and protect what you love about her (from her feet, to her hands to her face).

i don't know why i started this thread, i guess i just never thought i could learn anything like that from this message board, but you all proved me wrong.

oh and i also learned that some guys like pink tiles in their bathrooms. who knew??

;)
  • Zokita
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Yes, boys can be crazy about their favorite celebrity girls. I've seen scores of posts about the hawtness of Angelina Jolie or Keira Knightley or even Ashely Tisdale. Not naming any names here. ;)

It's a big thing in the music industry-I read an article in the newspaper a few weeks ago about the dire importance of sex appeal when attempting to make it in that business. Looks are more important than voices these days.

Then there's the pixelated girls-it's an endless source of amusement for me to watch the boys babble about how Lara Croft or Samus or Tifa or whoever is hot. Then there's the fanart, and a large portion of it is unsafe for work.

Don't even get me started on certain fangirls though (no, you cannot marry Alan Rickman over the astral plane you silly nitwits!)

Comment

• Edgar
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LTgirl
      though to ME stephanie/julianna is just a little girl, to the teen BOYS, she's...a teen GIRL. ;)

it's cute to see some of you defend her innocence from other guys and protect what you love about her (from her feet, to her hands to her face).
      ;)
      Well im Different Now Cause nobody is Saying obsessed Anymore

(Zokita you Helped me, Thanks ;) )

Comment

• M_B
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 12 - Lazy Scout
        • Apr 2007

I only talk about the crush I have with my closest friend(in real life, losers; )), and the girl I had(don't have it anymore) a crush on I actually go to school with.

I'm not very vocal, and I probably should've been when I apparently had the chance.

Comment

• Zokita
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by SportaEdgar
          though to ME stephanie/julianna is just a little girl, to the teen BOYS, she's...a teen GIRL. ;)

;)

You're welcome! I'm glad you've broadened your interests.

Comment

• LTgirl
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

uhm, ya, M_B, when you have a crush on a girl, you should always let her know :)

i remember in highschool once, a very sweet boy asked me what my favourite colour was. then he asked me what my favourite flower was. then he drew me a blue flower. it was so beautiful and so sweet :) it was subtle and i knew he liked me :)

i also had a best friend (who was a boy) and he made me a heart with my name in it. he made it out of a coat hanger, but he welded it all together into the shape of a heart and painted it. i still have it. i thought he was the sweetest guy ever :) we stayed best friends and nothing more, but he told me many years later that he wished we would have dated.

so don't let an opporuntity pass you by, M_B...you never know what you could be missing. ...and it could be something really great :)

*hugs*

Comment

• EdisLeado
              Founder of GetLazy
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 15 - The Baby Troll
              • Apr 2007

been observing very closely, haven't you -- ltgirl? well, i don't really have any crushes on any celebrities, there's just something that doesn't appeal to me about them :/ though, julianna is super-cute. that's about it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 29 - Villain Number One
                • May 2007

Originally posted by Zokita

;)

You're welcome! I'm glad you've broadened your interests.
                Oh, now you've got my attention.

Comment

• TarpLT
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 10 - LazyTowner
                  • May 2007

You have a very good point. I never thought about it like that before. On the subject of fangirls, I think they are just as bad as the guys who go around saying they'd hide their penis in <insert character here>. There is nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying guys and girls are equal in that aspect too. Only four of my friends know about my "obsession" with LazyTown, and Stephanie. Two of them are cool about it, one of them blames /b/, and the fourth one says it's stupid. I defend it to the death when ever he says anything bad about it though =D

Comment

• LTgirl
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

notorious...i think i know what you mean. A very good male friend of mine is all masculine and manly, but put on Curious George's movie and he melts because it reminds him of his daughter (he and his wife are now divorced and he doesn't get to see her little girl much anymore). He turns into a blubbering puddle when he thinks of her. He's really very sweet, put has this gruff exterior.

One can never really judge a book by it's cover.

Edis...wow...you are one strong dude. I have had so many crushes that i can't even count them all. Stefan is my biggest so far and has lastest the longest, so there must be something to it ;)
                    And to answer your question, ya, i like to try and figure out the different personalities of those on the board, so i 'listen' as carefully as i can. I have my favourite posters on here, as i am sure you do, but i think everyone adds their own special quality to the board :)

TarpLT ...the amount of times i have defended my love of LT. ...But really, everyone isn't going to like everything. I am sure there are things that your friends like that you think are crazy. It's up to you to point that out and also point out the fact that you don't tease or bother them about THEIR choices. ;)

Comment

• Stevilito
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 21 - Poster By The Book
                      • Apr 2007

i dont have many crushes on celebs, i dont see the point your NEVER gunna get them, its just SOME i get crushes and cant shake(think you know who hehe, i think someone referenced me earlier )

its one of those things

Comment

• LTgirl
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Apr 2007

i watched cartoons...smurfs, transformers and carebears mostly...but i still love to sit and watch LT.

sometimes i wonder if the little kids who watch it now will grow to be 20 something year olds who say to their friends "hey, did you ever see that show Lazy Town when you were a kid??"...

:)

stevilicious...i believe most people get crushes because in the back of their mind, they think that perhaps SOME day then will either attain that crush or at least (the very least) get a hand shake from them. it's that 'we all want what we can't have' thing.

Comment

• LTgirl
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

i tend to agree ;)

Comment

• Edgar
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • Apr 2007

Re: boys and girls

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                            I've been told I'm more obsessed with Juli than Edgar
                            Obsessions are Very Bad

Comment

• Edgar
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Apr 2007

Re: boys and girls

I've been told I'm more obsessed with Juli than Edgar
                              Obsessions are Very Bad
                              Julianna is my girlfriend, thanks God. Oh wait I've never met her, but I'm going to continue to say she is even after being called on it a million times.

Can you guess who I am?
                              Julianna is not yours Cause i Can talk to her and She knows me

Comment

Working...