• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevilito
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    • Apr 2007

Anyone Wanna Help A Despeartae Man?

im desperate for a song, but its IMPOSSOIBLE TO FIND but ill gladly except the openign theme song instead of the full song

this is the song in question http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=guPv7VOY1Xg i just hope somedoy will be kind enough to rip the audio for me, like with all the new lazytown songs

if anybody would like to find this impossible song be my gust its Suicide Celebrity - Open Water

thnaks if ya do
  • nindanjoe
    Former Moderator
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Here's the extracted version from the YouTube site:

tv series -shark- theme song.mp3 - 0.21MB

That band is quite hard to find. I'm going to download an episode to see if I can't get a better quality version. If they ever release a CD, then you'll be able to get it that way. ;)

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 29 - Villain Number One
      • May 2007

Originally posted by nindanjoe
      I'm going to download an episode to see if I can't get a better quality version.
      I was going to suggest that.
      I'm sure there are plenty of eps with good quality audio out there in torrents, or usenet, or p2p, or whatever.

Comment

• nindanjoe
        Former Moderator
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Apr 2007

I noticed that this theme song was for broadcasts outside the US only. It might be hard to find since the US encodes will most likely be dominate. I wonder if a DVD release outside the US would have that song...

Comment

• Stevilito
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Apr 2007

thanks dude, dvds outside US wont be available yet as where only halfway through the season so once the dvd comes out im SURE that theme song will be on the dvd then

i totally forgot to mention this is the song outside US lol silly me

i emailed they composer on SHARK about maybe getting the song from him as ive been searching for ages but that was 2 maybe 3 weeks ago so i doubt ill get it off him, hope the band does release a CD as this song is aweosme and they sound good too.

once again THANKS

Comment

• nindanjoe
            Former Moderator
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

No problem, I think it's fun to hunt for rare stuff. =D

That's pretty cool that you were able to comtact the composer. How did you find them?

Comment

• Stevilito
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

i looked on IMDB under SHARK, looked under musicy bit found composer(guy alreadys aid that the ccomposer had told him what abnd and song was called) had to find his name anyweay, then googled his name and found his website and contact him bit so thought hey why not, i knew it would be pointless because if band hasnt released it why would he?

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • May 2007

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                I wonder if a DVD release outside the US would have that song...
                I think the UK House DVDs have the US theme on them (Teardrop by Massive Attack) which isn't used on the UK broadcasts.
                I don't know if the process for buying international rights to a song for broadcasts is different than it is for releases.
                Maybe they just decided to go the extra mile for it.

Comment

• Stevilito
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Apr 2007

im sure the house them on my UK dvds are the aweosme song on UK house brodcasts on channel 5

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • May 2007

Oh, well maybe I'm wrong then.
                    I dunno, I've only got the first season on DVD, and I imported that from the US beacuse I was too impatient.

Comment

• Stevilito
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • Apr 2007

ive got season 1 and 2 UK dvds and im 90% sure its the same theme as the one on tv

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Stevilito
                        ive got season 1 and 2 UK dvds and im 90% sure its the same theme as the one on tv
                        They are rather similar, as the international theme is just a rip-off of the original.

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                        Why would they even change the theme song? That's just plain dumb.
                        Because licensing songs costs money.
                        It costs a lot more to use a song worldwide than it does in one country.

More often than not, the studio execs are xenophobic little shits who go for well-known (read: expensive) songs and think "as long as we've got the good theme in the US, **** the rest of the world" rather than going for something a bit cheaper that can be the same everywhere.

EDIT: Actually, according to wikipedia, the UK season 1 set uses the international theme and the season 2 set uses Teardrop.
                        I've no ****ing idea how that makes sense. :?
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_MD#Theme_music

Comment

• Howard the Duck
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                          • Apr 2007

When I was in Korea, I watched an episode of House. It had a different theme song, and was pretty ****ing awesome. I wish I could find it here.

Comment

Working...